Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

313 posts in this topic

Yeah, I should probably make a new release soon. I guess I can take a break from playing modpacks and get back to modding.

Sorry for being such a bother. I was just worried about what was happening

I am just taking a vacation from modding for a week or two to get fresh eyes for modding. The Gregtech heavy pack I am playing, Infitech 2, is getting tedious so I think I'll get back to developing this mod. just know, I will not abandon this mod; I'll just take a break from time to time.

Am i the only one who is having issues making sandwiches? Nei says i need uncooked meat, but said meat cant be put on the table. and when i have all the ingredients right but use cooked meat, the recipe button shows no results. Any advice?

8 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

Am i the only one who is having issues making sandwiches? Nei says i need uncooked meat, but said meat cant be put on the table. and when i have all the ingredients right but use cooked meat, the recipe button shows no results. Any advice?

You might be using meat from before you installed the mod. I had this same problem with my food as well.

Should I add recipes to convert any old TFC food over to Cooking with TFC versions?

Not sure how it could be from before i installed the mod since i have been using this mod for a while now (i just never made meals and stuck to eating food in its basic form) and i was using venison from a deer i killed like 5 min before my post. And conversion recipes might be a good thing, but i personally think cooked meats should be used rather than raw, makes more sense imo. Lol.

15 hours ago, Mathias Ademar said:

Not sure how it could be from before i installed the mod since i have been using this mod for a while now (i just never made meals and stuck to eating food in its basic form) and i was using venison from a deer i killed like 5 min before my post. And conversion recipes might be a good thing, but i personally think cooked meats should be used rather than raw, makes more sense imo. Lol.

You will need each ingredient and the correct utensil in the prep table to make a sandwich. To make a Barley Ham sandwich, you will need Barley bread, cooked pork, cabbage, tomato and onion with a knife in a slot above the recipe outputs. If you are missing any of these items, you will not be able to make the recipe.

On 5/16/2016 at 9:45 AM, gskw said:

I just installed this mod and loaded up an earlier world. I used to have a dog, now I have a dozen. And this happened to all other animals around there as well.

I have just come across this bug and it is now fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

Edited by JAWolfe

Oh wait I have an idea I am not sure about it though so you have to decide.

So there was this mod a while back called MeatHooks now it was never updated past 1.6 but I think it would be brilliant to have something like that in TFC and it matches the feel for this addon. So if you care to have a feature from this please do.

Here is a link for a reference:  http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1445542-1-6-4-w-i-p-meat-hooks?page=9

7 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Oh wait I have an idea I am not sure about it though so you have to decide.

So there was this mod a while back called MeatHooks now it was never updated past 1.6 but I think it would be brilliant to have something like that in TFC and it matches the feel for this addon. So if you care to have a feature from this please do.

Here is a link for a reference:  http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1445542-1-6-4-w-i-p-meat-hooks?page=9

This might be something that could be added in the future but I have a lot of work to do on the basic food system before I would consider adding this feature.

Due to the amount of time between updates, I have decided to add a section to the initial post with a list of progress toward the next release. I will update this list as I finish each item. I want to keep everyone informed on the progress on the mod and this is a great way for everyone to know that the mod is still alive and well.

Nice. And yeah, you should definitely add a food conversion recipe. Without one, this mod will completely stop people from cooking until they get new food.

I would like to propose plants, that look like the the normal food plants, so when you wander around, you must taste several plants until you find one, that does tolerate your body. Some might be cooked first before you will be able to eat them or be mixed with milk etc. That way you could achieve your planned food developement tree.

At the beginning those plants supply quite low saturation. But the longer you cultivate, the more food you will get.

Edited by drkoaeg

The TFC crafting grid has custom recipe handling for food, so making a recipe to convert food with this method is quite tricky. Currently, items like TFC food from crops and raw meat are converted from TFC food to CWTFC food when the item is picked-up. I will just expand the list of items to be converted to include processed TFC food as well as those that are already implemented.

" Make all sandwiches able to be combined or divided like other foods "

anyone else think of the 2ft tall sandwiches from scooby doo? XD

NEW UPDATE POSTED

I am calling this update the Cooking Pot Update. It includes a cooking pot to make soups, stews, salt, broth and boiled meats. This update also includes bug fixes and a bunch of other tweaks.

CHANGELOG

I have also made some changes to the initial post to include a wiki, which I am in the process of creating, a changelog and better linking for bug reporting.

Awesome! Really looking forward to cooking up some soup!

I can also confirm that the issue with duplicating animals has been fixed. Now, however, adult animals get turned into babies. But I can deal with that.

12 minutes ago, gskw said:

Awesome! Really looking forward to cooking up some soup!

I can also confirm that the issue with duplicating animals has been fixed. Now, however, adult animals get turned into babies. But I can deal with that.

Thanks for the report. That's odd about the adults turning into babies, I'll have to see if I can fix that. I'm hoping it is just a side effect of not properly getting rid of old TFC animals and not a repeatable bug. But either way, I'm I can fix it if I can replicate what is causing it. Thanks.

Also I'm done with the wiki so if anyone has questions on how to use the mod, run over there and see if something there can help you first. I've written out most of the mechanics of the mod in the wiki.