Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
StrayWolfe

Cooking with TFC (WIP)

313 posts in this topic

Can you add dynamic sandwiches like in the furniture mod. Cause it feels weird not being able to have something I want on my sandwich.

Very nice mod! I have only one suggestion: please add a method to convert CookingWithTFC food into regular TFC food. I have the TerraMisc mod and I can't make fruit juice with CookingWithTFC fruits :((

9 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Can you add dynamic sandwiches like in the furniture mod. Cause it feels weird not being able to have something I want on my sandwich.

I'll add modular sandwiches to the list of things to do for the future update. I don't like the idea of being able to put whatever you want on a sandwich, you would end up with things like a seaweed, garlic and onion sandwich. Could you provide a link to the wiki or description for the  sandwiches in the furniture mod?

6 hours ago, Leo05 said:

Very nice mod! I have only one suggestion: please add a method to convert CookingWithTFC food into regular TFC food. I have the TerraMisc mod and I can't make fruit juice with CookingWithTFC fruits :((

I will not allow conversion from CookingWithTFC food to TFC food since you could bypass the mod hunger system. I will talk with Powerman913717 to see if I can get his source code to add intermod compatibility but for whatever reason he has chosen to keep his mod closed source so I it is up to him.

In addition, I will probably be adding juices that quench hunger and thirst in a future update.

Edited by JAWolfe

Oh and could you do more stuff with milk. Like I don't know... add the ability to drink it and gain dairy. Cause in TFC you can only make cheese. 

I definitely think I could do something like the modular sandwich and a drinkable milk jug could also be a possibility.

Currently, I have in things to add:

Terramisc compatibility, if possible
Fix animals being converted from adults to babies in transition to the mod
Bake dough in brick oven to get bread
Make Jack-o-lantern a torch that doesn't go out in the rain but has a shorter burn time than a torch
Pumpkins & Pumpkin carving
Edible Mushroom
Celery
Lettuce
Melon
Milk Jug
Modular Sandwich

Oh cool I always thought that the Jack-O-Lantern was overpowered

Oh and if it is not to much, do you you think you you could have a feature that is similar to Pam's Harvest Craft in which apples are rendered on trees and you can pick them?

The issue with adults turning into babies might actually be an issue with the modpack I'm using (TechNodeFirmaCraft). I chose 96 days per year from the mod list, but I'm somehow on the 12th of June.

Turns out something had set the year length to 360 in my configs.

10 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Oh and if it is not to much, do you you think you you could have a feature that is similar to Pam's Harvest Craft in which apples are rendered on trees and you can pick them?

I actually prefer the way TFC fruit trees have the fruit obscured in the leaves. 

6 minutes ago, CALEBXD101 said:

How will condiments be dealt with in this add-on

I'm not really to the point of considering condiments and I'm not really sure I want to go as far as condiments. One issue I constantly have to consider is how realistic I want to be in making foods. I am opting to take a simplified approach to cooking compared to the actually recipes, otherwise there would be thousands of new items and ingredients for making food and it would become too much of a task to eat. So I am tending to condense recipes down to a few ingredients and leaving out the minor ingredients, which might mean condiments will never be needed.

22 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Oh and could you do more stuff with milk. Like I don't know... add the ability to drink it and gain dairy. Cause in TFC you can only make cheese. 

It's strange, but I can drink milk in TFC by right-clicking with milk bucket in hand. You just have to be hungry and thirsty, to be able to drink milk.
Try to right-click in air, not on block.

Edited by Shurgent

14 minutes ago, Shurgent said:

It's strange, but I can drink milk in TFC by right-clicking with milk bucket in hand. You just have to be hungry and thirsty, to be able to drink milk.
Try to right-click in air, not on block.

Thanks, I've even seen this in the code many times but I keep forgetting that I've checked it and I look it up in the code yet another time. lol.

Oh yes thank you!!!

I was waiting for that feature.

This made my day.

12 hours ago, JAWolfe said:

Sandwich, anyone?

D0j9SN4.png

OMG !  This is really nice!

But does this work with a texture pack? 

Also does this add-on conflict with the spice of life mod?

2 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

But does this work with a texture pack? 

Also does this add-on conflict with the spice of life mod?

Well, the sandwich will look like it does as show above.

I am fairly certain the Spice of Life, like every other vanilla food/hunger mod, does not work with TFC considering TFC has its own hunger system separate from the vanilla system.

Oh okay but I mean that I use a tic texture pack that changed the texture of foods like an Apple for instance. So will it show with that specific texture?

2 hours ago, CALEBXD101 said:

Oh okay but I mean that I use a tic texture pack that changed the texture of foods like an Apple for instance. So will it show with that specific texture?

Yep, it will use whatever texture is defined in the texture pack. In fact, since I use textures from TFC whenever I can, there are quite a few things that are supported by multiple texture packs. I will explain more when I am actually done making it and posted the update.

Edited by JAWolfe

Wait so it dynamically changes cause I use Nyssa's touch of realism but I was wondering if it would work cause I know this  add-on uses different items that are identical to the TFC counterparts

I am currently using Nyssa's Touch of Realism in my dev environment and it works quite well. I only add textures for items that do not exist, everything else gets the texture from TFC, which is replaced from a texture pack. This is a screenshot of my dev environment with Nyssa's:

qHc0xMd.png

As you can see, the prep table, food items, clay items and blocks all have textures from Nyssa's. Also, this is a sandwich without the top slice of bread. I am currently finishing up with salads and I will be posting this update after that. So as you can see, this addon already has a lot of support with texture packs.

Could you please make your food prep tables accept also all non-food items to be placed in the gui? So they could be used as normal tables and would render all items you put on these tables.