Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

14 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum?(Yes/No): Yes.

Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.

I was thinking it would make it a great challenge tweak to add fatigue based upon player needing to rest and sleep. This would also make thatch bed a lot, I mean A LOT more useful than it currently is (That, of course, if it will be added in TFC2). Basically, there would be this "bar" similar to hunger bar which would deplete overtime, and to regenerate it, player would have to simply sleep. Now I have completely no idea what TFC2 will be like, and/or if there will be any early-game sleeping items. It is not necessary to give us ability to skip the nights, but instead of just standing in my shack waiting out the night doing absolutely nothing, I could might as well be doing same but sleeping and regaining strength. If player would get too fatigued (Lets say player wouldn't sleep for three days), you would simply pass out (Fall into sleeping animation) which could be fatal outside, where the monsters roam.

Edit: Even though now I realize this mechanic has least possibility to be added, I might as well add few changes, just so it makes more sense? (Or I might just make it whole lot worse  :P):

Instead of waiting 10 minutes in a sleeping animation just for the night to pass, something like "Lucid dreaming" would be cool in my opinion. Basically, player could act as a "ghost" or like be in his astral body state, and could walk around the world searching for items. He could fly so that he could see other islands and maybe find useful materials, so that would be helpful when player wakes up imo. However, that completely ruins the "exploration" part of TFC, so yeah. Constructive criticism is appreciated, or just say this idea is stupid and move on  :lol:

Edited by SnoopyMicrobe34

Let me put there a little critique.

I know what you mean by realistic fatigue, but I don't think that doing nothing/watching your character in sleep animation is interesting thing. I frankly think that it would make gameplay really boring. In normal minecraft you don't sleep untill all people in server sleeps and it last like a moment but you suggest to watch your character doing sleep animation for this entire time. I am a player that is active whole 24 hours, so it would be just wasting time for me.

Second thing. We(They) can add an urge to pee and poop too but I think there is enough options already and adding fatigue would be too much. Maybe It could be vouluntary like it was in vanilla minecraft. Maybe it would stop consuming your food and water so you can last longer without that suppies so it could be useful in winter? That would be much better idea that just making players lost their time and fun watching their character in sleep animation.

Let me put there a little critique.

I know what you mean by realistic fatigue, but I don't think that doing nothing/watching your character in sleep animation is interesting thing. I frankly think that it would make gameplay really boring. In normal minecraft you don't sleep untill all people in server sleeps and it last like a moment but you suggest to watch your character doing sleep animation for this entire time. I am a player that is active whole 24 hours, so it would be just wasting time for me.

Second thing. We(They) can add an urge to pee and poop too but I think there is enough options already and adding fatigue would be too much. Maybe It could be vouluntary like it was in vanilla minecraft. Maybe it would stop consuming your food and water so you can last longer without that suppies so it could be useful in winter? That would be much better idea that just making players lost their time and fun watching their character in sleep animation.

Yeah that is correct. I was thinking that many people would dislike this for that very reason, and just forgot to mention it could have been like an option for players to enable in config if they wish to play like this. As for right now I am using better sleeping mod with TFC1. Pretty much due to inability to skip nights on a thatch bed, it looks exactly like waiting whole night out just sleeping on bed, but I mean I don't mind it because I am not active during night anyway soo.. :P

I think the idea of fatigue is interesting.
A lot of MC nights in SP mode before beds are spent simply crafting, or if you've not got a hideout, running around like a headless chicken :)

Adding fatigue so that you can't run around as much after 3 nights without rest (for example), or that you're falling asleep from exhaustion is quite believable and, I think, workable.

Perhaps with a set number of nights which don't count at the very beginning (giving you time to get a hidey-hole to fall asleep in!).

Edited by ChunkHunter

This has been discussed before, though I can't find the topic atm.  I'm with Cakey - I'm not interested in being forced into sleeping, or watching my character sleep.  If it's a config, whatever.  But forcing people to do nothing is a bad idea.

This has been discussed before, though I can't find the topic atm.  I'm with Cakey - I'm not interested in being forced into sleeping, or watching my character sleep.  If it's a config, whatever.  But forcing people to do nothing is a bad idea.

As I mentioned in my reply to Cakey, it would be a good idea to have it as an option. Also, player wouldn't have to sleep every night, but if you stay up for 3 days straight without sleeping, you'll need to find a place to sleep.

As I mentioned in my previous post, if it's a config, great.  But it shouldn't be a default mechanic.  I think most people play games to do things, not sleep.  It's not going to add anything to the game for most people, imo.

Not really in favor of a sleeping feature that would force me to just sit there watching my character doing nothing for 10 minutes. This could work in single player, where at least the nights would be instant, no way it would in a server.

The concept of doing nothing for hours and hours is so alien that when we sleep our brains create dream to occupy or minds.

One way that maybe this could work would be to fill the sleeping time with mini games related to the new magic system, as if you would be researching the branches of magic and evolving and/or refilling your mana.

The issue I see is that unless those mini games are really well developed it would get boring very quick.

I did not really think through this idea, was just something that came to my mind in the morning after some vivid dreams.

Found the other recent thread about sleeping (it was in the TFC1 suggestions forum).  And in there Kitty also links to a dozen other previous sleeping posts from before I even joined these forums.  It's really not a new idea. Ya, this is TFC2 forum.  But the same issues still apply I'd say.

that's bad, there a lot of concepts (like this challenge tweak) that could suit very well to minecraft single player.

Edited by landryx

Not really in favor of a sleeping feature that would force me to just sit there watching my character doing nothing for 10 minutes. This could work in single player, where at least the nights would be instant, no way it would in a server.

The concept of doing nothing for hours and hours is so alien that when we sleep our brains create dream to occupy or minds.

One way that maybe this could work would be to fill the sleeping time with mini games related to the new magic system, as if you would be researching the branches of magic and evolving and/or refilling your mana.

The issue I see is that unless those mini games are really well developed it would get boring very quick.

I did not really think through this idea, was just something that came to my mind in the morning after some vivid dreams.

Eh, I really didn't think that through... I guess it wouldn't really work out in multiplayer. Thanks for constructive criticism though!

As I mentioned in my previous post, if it's a config, great.  But it shouldn't be a default mechanic.  I think most people play games to do things, not sleep.  It's not going to add anything to the game for most people, imo.

Yeah, no need to repeat that to me several times, I think I already agreed with you (and with Cakey) that this as a default mechanic is a bad idea ;) . But in my opinion, having it as an option would be pretty cool, because I am sure there are at least few people who want this mechanic present. Although now that I think about it, they really shouldn't bother developing that just because of few people (Or even only one, idk) :( . But yeah, thanks for arguments (Also thanks for previous posts, got some info from Kitty's posts)

As a general rule of thumb, ideas like this where the community somewhat agrees that it should be disabled by default are really best implemented as addons. That way Bioxx and I can focus on primary development, and don't have to waste time on a feature that the majority of players aren't even going to use. Somebody else however is more than welcome to implement it and share it as an addon that you can install alongside TFC for those mechanics.

As a general rule of thumb, ideas like this where the community somewhat agrees that it should be disabled by default are really best implemented as addons. That way Bioxx and I can focus on primary development, and don't have to waste time on a feature that the majority of players aren't even going to use. Somebody else however is more than welcome to implement it and share it as an addon that you can install alongside TFC for those mechanics.

Does this mean that with the release of TFC2 we will be allowed to create addons that modify TFC rather than mods that modify vanilla and have features that work with TFC?

Does this mean that with the release of TFC2 we will be allowed to create addons that modify TFC rather than mods that modify vanilla and have features that work with TFC?

There's essentially no difference. The steps that an addon author takes to modify vanilla Minecraft can also be taken to modify TFC.