Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OneWolfe

Dungeon Loot Chests in TFC

23 posts in this topic

It had recently become a major issue of contention in my TerraFirmaPunk mod pack that all of the Dungeon Loot Chests that spawn in the Ruins and Dungeons are VANILLA chests. As thus they completely ignore ALL of the TFC chests rules and should be a BANNED item. I have tried several mods to prevent these chests from being picked up, or placed in the world, but most either ignore the chests for some reason or just do not work as expected. So I am at a loss for what to do about this issue.

I am very happy about the all the awesome work everyone in this forum has done to convert Vanilla water, and machines that use water, into TFC water :D

Is it at all possible to convert Dungeon Loot Chests into TFC chests, or somehow force minecraft to recognize TFC chests as valid Dungeon Loot Chests. I would really need the fix to work with RougeLike Dungeons and AtomicStryker's Ruins mod since these are the mods I am currently using to generate random Dungeon Loot chests in my pack.

Thank you,

OneWolfe-

So maybe a TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks mod that will handle different problems that you are facing with the pack. As for the chests, the way that I would handle it is to replace vanilla chests with TFC chests when they are clicked on by the player and if a player somehow gets a vanilla chest, replace the vanilla chest with a TFC chest when placed. Replacing a chest when the player interacts with it, requires a minimal amount of processing as compared to searching a chunk for chests on generation. in addition, you can do some "fun" maybe cruel things to a player that tries to access a vanilla chest, which you cannot do if it was on generation. If you like this idea just say so and I'll quickly make the mod.

So maybe a TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks mod that will handle different problems that you are facing with the pack. As for the chests, the way that I would handle it is to replace vanilla chests with TFC chests when they are clicked on by the player and if a player somehow gets a vanilla chest, replace the vanilla chest with a TFC chest when placed. Replacing a chest when the player interacts with it, requires a minimal amount of processing as compared to searching a chunk for chests on generation. in addition, you can do some "fun" maybe cruel things to a player that tries to access a vanilla chest, which you cannot do if it was on generation. If you like this idea just say so and I'll quickly make the mod.

I think for now simply having it change into a TFC chest when they pick it up would be the best idea. A trapped chest might be fun, but not really necessary yet, and changing it on generation might make it unable to hold tools or other non-TFC items. So for now if we could just change them into TFC chests on pick up, or in their inventory that would be awesome! 

Thank you very much,

OneWolfe-

Cool, I will give it a try :D

This will convert vanilla chests into TFC oak chests when they are picked up by players.

Link to jar file

Link to build files

Link to github source

Thank you very much, It is working Great! :D

However it looks like I am still going to need some form of written permission to use this mod from the launcher.

FTB doesn't accept the licence as permission? That's nuts. He's licensed it with GNUGPL, which grants all the permissions you need.

Sorry, I don't know how FTB handles licensing but not only does OneWolfe have permission to use TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks but is also allowed to be the owner of the TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks. If need be, Ill put you on the authors list as the sole author. It is such a simple mod specifically for tweaking Terrafirmapunk so it would be better if OneWolfe was the owner. Let me know what I need to do to give further permissions.

Sorry, I don't know how FTB handles licensing but not only does OneWolfe have permission to use TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks but is also allowed to be the owner of the TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks. If need be, Ill put you on the authors list as the sole author. It is such a simple mod specifically for tweaking Terrafirmapunk so it would be better if OneWolfe was the owner. Let me know what I need to do to give further permissions.

This is perfect :D

I had another question. There is a block in Steamcraft2 is very cheaty in the TFC sense, but I cant seem to get rid of it. The Flesh Block in Steamcraft2 is very easy to make, just 4 rotten flesh, and you have unlimited amounts of cheaty non-gravity blocks. I have been trying to use MineTweaker to remove the recipe and even Hide the block in NEI but for some reason it just refuses to be removed. So I am wondering if you have any insight, cuz im totaly stumped :P

Ok, this should do it. It took me a while to figure out that SteamCraft 2 does not handle recipes like everyone else, which is why modtweaker did not affect it.

Link to jar

Ok, this should do it. It took me a while to figure out that SteamCraft 2 does not handle recipes like everyone else, which is why modtweaker did not affect it.

Link to jar

Thanks, I was really hoping to be able to have a MineTweaker/ModTweaker solution in case I need to remove Steamcraft2 later on. Will this fixer mod break if Steamcraft2 isn't in the pack?

will this work as a standalone for modifying loot chests, or will the TFPunk pack be required to work?

All this mod does is convert dropped vanilla chests to oak TFC chests and removes steamcraft 2 flesh block recipes from being being craftable. It currently requires TFC.

sweet thanks. 

It is a great mod to work with Ruins so you can generate chests with random loot, but the players get a TFC chest instead of a vanilla one :D

It is a great mod to work with Ruins so you can generate chests with random loot, but the players get a TFC chest instead of a vanilla one :D

nice. cant wait. :P

Is there a way to change Vanilla Poison damage to work in TFC? Currently poison does 1/2 heart of damage, I figure the TFC equivalent would be about 50 points. For right now my Witches are kind of pointless other than the annoying status effects they can give you :P

EDIT: Even poison spiders are pretty weak ...

Edited by OneWolfe

This latest version will scale vanilla player damage and health potions to TFC levels. This definitely increases the damage of poison to reduce the player health in the same proportion it does in vanilla and stops just before killing the player, leaving the player at 20 or less health. It checks if the damage to the player is 10 hearts or less and multiplies it by 50 to reflect TFC damage. It also checks if added health is in the range of health potions and multiplies it by 50 to reflect TFC levels.

Jar link

WOW! That really sounds amazing! I totally forgot about the part about not actually killing the payers, but the work you have done so far is awesome! Its really going to help balance out the pack :D

This latest version will scale vanilla player damage and health potions to TFC levels.

How are the Latest updates coming? Were you able to find the Vanilla food crafting recipes I made?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0