Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bunsan

TechNodeTools-TFC

14 posts in this topic

TechNodeTools-TFC

This is an add-on I'm creating that will help integrate other mods into TFC based ModPacks. It is basically the tools I wish I had when I made my pack. To fully use the feature of this addon will require the player/pack maker to configure things and likely use MineTweaker to create recipes. The add on is currently alpha and is not feature complete. This will be focuses on integration, expansion and giving tools to pack makers.

I'm putting this up now as I'll soon be back home and able to work further on it and hope a few brave souls will give it a poke.

What it does:

•  TFC'd Metal and Mineral Ores.
  • It creates ore blocks that behave like TFC ore. They match the rocktype and can spawn in the 3 qualities. Currently I've added Aluminum (Bauxite), Osmium, Tungsten (Scheelite and Wolframite), Cobalt, Chromium, Titanium, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Cadmium and Iridium. I've written the code such that more ores can easily be added. The way the normal, poor and rich ore drops are organized you will still see 4 placeholder items for each. It can be easily expanded past 16 new ores if for some reason more were needed.
  • There are also Mineral Ores added (Apatite, Scapolite and Strontium).
  • Apatite, Scapolite (glowstone), Strontium (blaze rods), Bauxite, Osmium, Scheelite and Wolframite will generate spawn info in the TFCOre config by default (can set spawn to false in config).
  • Other ores are disabled by default as I've not set their spawn parameters. They also don't have ore item pieces.
  • All ingots, sheets, etc. have been added and behave the same as TFC items.
  • You can create other Alloys in TFC. Currently added Electrum, Cupronickel (Constantan), Invar, Aluminum Brass, Alumite, Manyullyn and Stainless Steel. More alloys will be added.
  • Dusts and Nuggets for all ores and Alloys.
    • The nuggets are 10 units each. They are crafted with a chisel. They can be melted down in crucible or pit kiln (if melting temp is lower than pit kiln temp). They can be used to make alloys etc.
    • There are dusts for each metal and alloy. The dusts can be mixed in appropriate ratios to make alloy dusts. The dusts are smeltable in furnaces. There are no recipes for creating dusts in the mod itself. Recipes may be automatically generated by some mods or can be created with MineTweaker. The dusts also melt in the crucible/pit kiln.
  • Metal blocks
    • All metals and alloys that can create sheets can create Metal blocks. These blocks are crafted on the anvil. They can be heated/melted. They could be used in anvil recipes as they can be heated in forge.
    • They can be chiseled with slab, stair and detailed mode. As with all blocks once chiseled they can not be harvested so the metal would be lost.

What it will do soon

• Config options to turn off the various modules, i.e. Nuggets, dusts, etc.
  • WAILA support. (should mostly work)

What it will hopefully do soon.

• Allow metal trapdoors to be created with added metals/alloys.
  • Add a "machine" that will produce ore piles of 100 units from normal, poor and rich ores. You would put ores in and when the unit reached 100 it would output an ore pile, which would be registered in Ore dictionary as an ore.

What it might do:

• I'm considering adding gears and rods of each metal/alloy. These would be crafted on the anvil.

This is still a WIP, but the master branch is functional, although not fully tested. You can see the code at github.com/Bunsan/TechNodeTools-TFC

You should be able to get the jar at

Download

WARNING: This is not considered stable yet. I'd not recommend using it in a world you care about without a backup. Also, ironically, this will not be compatible with our pack currently.

Edited by Bunsan
Update

This looks to be very useful! Thank you very much for making it, once its stable it will be very helpful for many!

I'm curious what other ore types, minerals, metals and alloys would be useful for TFC compatibility with other mods.

The limiting factor is really my ability to make the textures. So let me know if there are any you need/want.

Would ability to craft gears and rods be useful?

Also curious how people feel I should deal with metals whose melting temperature is above the max temperature of the TFC forge. Aluminum, osmium and tungsten have very high melting temperatures. I have aluminum in my pack for Immersive Engineering and have kept their towering where it is only smeltable in the arc furnace. Thoughts?

Edited by Bunsan

Gears and rids might work for some mod support. Also would you be able to make ores for going about and getting pots brewed? I am quote good at t, but t found the system lacking any real way to craft in tfc since the nether is beyond buggy

Edited by Mathias Ademar

For the metals with melting points beyond that of TFC, I think keeping them specific to mod machines is fine. 

As for ores...I think you got all the ones I need. The crafting of gears/rods would be useful, could begin to unify those items into one thing instead of multiples of the same item

Having no internet after big move I started poking this add-on again. So thought I'd push an update.

Changelog (sort of)

• Multiple added in config options added.
  • Spawning info of ores will be generated in the TFCOres.cfg file.
    • Only the spawning of Apatite, Scapolite (flowstone), Strontium (blaze rods), Bauxite, Osmium, Wolframite (Tungsten) and Scheelite (Tungsten) have been setup and are enabled by default. The other ores are a WIP and lack the ore item textures and are disabled by default.
  • Multiple alloys have been added. These alloys need to use the new ores.

Notes:

• Pro pick will report bauxite ore for all of the ores due to a TFC bug (looking into if I can fix in mod)

Download

Are you still working on this mod or is it dead?

I have not worked on it for a bit. I'd folded most of this work into the TFC fork we use for our pack. Didn't seem much interest in this. Are there particular function you are looking for?

I'm trying to use minetweaker and tfctweaker to be able  to grind scapolite and strontium to glowstone dust and blaze powder, but for some reason i just can't get it right... What do you suggest i use as lines?

atm i have this: 

mods.Terrafirmacraft.Quern.addRecipe(<minecraft:glowstone_dust>, <technodetoolstfc:mineral:1>);

mods.Terrafirmacraft.Quern.addRecipe(<minecraft:blaze_powder>, <technodetoolstfc:mineral:2>);

Will there ever be any continuation of this mod? reason being because of how useful it could be but how broken it currently is, I'm getting unremovable recipes for things like electrum being obtainable by melting steel and a whole load of broken item names and missing recipes

Visually I believe at least but its terribly confusing

Game Crashes upon searching unshaped steel recipes too

This won't be continued. I ended up just forking TFC for my pack as the changes necessary to do what I wanted weren't possible/easy otherwise.