Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lymerik

My hardcore playthrough

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was working on a story playthrough a while back and my computer pretty much died and I lost all my minecraft worlds. I just recently got a new computer and decided to start up a brand new hardcore world. I will be taking screenshots and documenting my playthrough in this post so I hope you guys like it! :)

I am using some mods that, imo go well with TFC. I was inspired by some of these mods by watching Etho's TFC let's play.

-Decorations mod

-Leather Water Sac mod

-Merchants mod (Might not use this mod, it looked interesting though)

-TerraMisc

-TFC Cellars mod

-Better Foliage

-Carpenter's Blocks

-Custom NPCs (This mod is just to add/adjust certain recipes)

-Decocraft 2

-Journeymap

-NEI

-Optifine

-Fastcraft

-Railcraft

-YeGamolChattels (aka the woodworking mod :P)

-IvToolkit (Required for YeGamolChattels)

-Shaders

I created a new reandomized world and this was where I spawned. It was a pretty hot climate and the stone type was limestone, which was perfect for flux.

Yo3GSJW.png

Looking around a bit, there was Sycamore, Aspen, and Ash trees. Aspen is one of my favorite trees because of the color of its planks. Since the rock type was Limestone, there was quite a bit of malachite scattered about so I picked it up and marked the locations on my map.

I spent a few days just exploring and scavenging what I could. I am really picky when it comes to places to settle down, I had an idea of how I wanted to build my homestead so I was looking for a decent spot. After many days of living in dirt hovels, my inventory was getting quite full and I wanted to start planting crops to get a steady source of food. I then came across a spot I would be happy to set up base at.

rbG5o5N.png

It had a nice pond of fresh water, and a huge mountain not too far away. There was only Ash trees in the immediate vicinity but that was alright because I grabbed some saplings of the trees that were near spawn. There was a small outcrop of clay by the pond which I dug out a bit and will spend my nights there until I build a real house. I unloaded all my stuff from my inventory and planted all my seeds I had picked up.

2jLHOSu.png

I eventually want to expand my farm and maybe make it go all the way around the pond. I also want to monitor the nutrients in the soil but I only have a stone hoe so I can't do that just yet. I had quite a bit of copper so I decided to make some tools. I made a Saw, Chisel, Pickaxe, and Prospectors pick. The next thing I wanted to do was build a cellar to store all my food and prevent decay as much as possible. Since I am in a hot climate my food decays pretty fast and I had a lot of food from when I was exploring.

I dug out a spot by my farm to build the cellar.

FXB8WEM.png

I wanted to build it as fast as possible so it's not a very big cellar, but it will work just fine. After spending a couple days gathering all the necessary ingredients, I started construction.

Ndqee9A.png

I was finished in no time and I covered the top of the cellar in dirt. So far it has 2 shelves which holds all of my food, and maybe in the future when I build the tool for it, and if I find ice, I can harvest the ice and make the cellar even colder.

B8KuUFl.png

I made some barrels and started the leather making process. I had killed a couple Deer so I had some medium hides. I wanted to make a leather water sac, a quiver, and maybe some leather armor. I then realized I didn't have the right trees to make tannin. I was going to have to go on a grand adventure to find some tannin makin trees! I also really wanted to find Pine trees because I really like Pine. I crafted a long bow using some Deer sinew and made some arrows too. I grabbed a barrel with some ceramic vessels and I was ready to head out on my adventure.

Here is my home base so far.

n0PHH8u.png

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed! More to come shortly!

Pretty cool, hopefully you'll find tannin trees soon. I can't wait to see how your base will turn out.

So I set out on my adventure in hopes I would find some trees to make tannin, Pine trees, and I really wanted to find some horses! I headed North because it's really hot at my base and I had a good feeling about going North. I brought some ceramic vessels and some salads (I had some bowls but no bread for sandwiches yet). About 1000 blocks or so into my adventure I found something.

JKpFOSF.png

Sheep! I was super glad I found them and that there were male and female sheep. I marked their location on my map and decided to come back for them after my adventure. I had found some pigs closer to my base which I will wrangle up later. I intend to eventually build a barn to house all my animals.

A little farther I came across something else that I had been looking for.

F74d7Jp.png

Woohoo Pine trees! I love the dark color of Pine logs and the light color of the planks. I grabbed a few saplings and chopped down some trees to take with me. Still no tannin making trees though, so I kept heading North. I was determined to keep going until I found what I was looking for. I really want to get started on some leather working so I can make a leather water sac, a quiver, and a set of leather armor. I will feel a bit safer playing on a hardcore world with at least some leather armor.

I then came across a beautiful Pine forest.

rTsD45x.png

The trees were so thick and it looked really awesome. I kept on going, I have played a lot of Terrafirmacraft but I never get beyond the stone age, therefor I have never done this much exploring for something. I had walked almost 5000 blocks and was starting to think I should head back. Then I found this.

PaiBFny.png

Hickory trees!! Which means tannin making trees! I was relieved to finally have found what I was looking for. I picked up some saplings and some logs and started on my long journey back to base. I never found horses, which is a shame. It would have been a big help to be able to ride on horseback instead of walking.

With a very full inventory of logs, saplings, and new crops, I finally made it back to home base. Even though my home isn't much, it's such a nice feeling being back. I unloaded my inventory and made some tannin to finish my leather.

eJzH3tm.png

Yay a quiver!

9ldPOng.png

Unfortunately I didn't have string wool which is needed for the leather water sac.

My next order of business is to make a quern so I could make bread for sandwiches instead of having to make bowls for salads all the time.

uFDYBLJ.png

That was easy enough.

I then remembered the sheep that I had found about 1000 blocks away, I completely forgot about them. So the next morning I set out to retrieve them. I built a quick fenced area and grabbed my one rope I had. I decided to just bring back two sheep, one male and one female.

stCrcVK.png

One Sheep.

Then on my way to get the second sheep I ran into something that could easily have ended my playthrough!

f4DNIoW.png

I didn't even see him and almost walked right into him. He chased me for a bit but I got far enough away. Bears in Terrafirmacraft scare me more than the mobs at night do! I have died many times in other worlds by bears.

Finally I got my second sheep!

BgFJYBh.png

It is now mid August and I really want to get started on a house. I am going to need a lot of smooth stone so I figured I might as well do some mining to get it and some copper while I'm at it. I have never really mined before so this will be interesting. I am nervous about cave ins though! Hopefully this doesn't end my playthrough!

More to come soon!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0