Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Adamu82

Bird and Squirrel mobs!

6 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the suggestions forum?(Yes/No): Yes
Answering "no" to the above question will result in your post being deleted.

Hey All,

I just have one burning desire for TFC2 - Bird and Squirrel passive mobs!

I really like the bird and squirrel mobs from Twilight Forest and could happily leave everything else from that awesome mod aside.

Adding these mobs would make the TFC world look and feel so much more "alive"! It could only enhance the experience and immersion.

Quite frankly I wish vanilla Minecraft had such things and a world without these small animals seems eerily dead.

Killing these mobs don't have to yield anything at all as that would not be their purpose, although it might be interesting to have squirrels drop very small amounts of squirrel meat (1-2 oz), giving the game an early-game food source that would be unsustainable over the long-term.

With the these mobs could come ambient bird songs and squirrel noises (chittering, rustling leaves) that would add extra depth to the environment.

Thanks and Salutations!

I would recommend including birds AND insects only. Squirrels are not really suitable for leaves in TFC2, unless leaves are created solid, to which there will still be a problem: squirrels can't get into trees.

Could you not make it so that a squirel can only climb wood blocks (like a spider would climb anything) and keep leaves as things you can walk through? You could have a setup where if a squirel sees a player within 15 block it runs to the nearest set of vertically positioned blocks and climbs it. Just an idea.

I occasionally find TFC a little empty when I've killed all the useful things in the vicinity and maybe birds and insects etc would fill that for me, but I'm not really bothered as i'd probably kill them anyway...

I would recommend including birds AND insects only. Squirrels are not really suitable for leaves in TFC2, unless leaves are created solid, to which there will still be a problem: squirrels can't get into trees.

I only meant that random noises of leaves rustling are created when a player is near leaf blocks, which gives the illusion of animals (birds, squirrels, insects, whatever) being in trees. Squirrels only need to run along the ground. Although they could have spider climb. Many times I've seen spiders in TFC1 perched atop a tree within the leaf blocks (which makes them annoyingly hard to hit!), why couldn't squirrels do the same?

Eating small game, like crickets, small birds, squirrels and other rodents, shellfish, and frogs, a man can sustain himself, as was done in the hunter gatherer societies in periods of scarce game.

I'd much rather scramble for morsels every day in Minecraft than kill a deer and have half of the meat spoil. These morsels would be caught with various nooses, cages, nets, and traps made from sticks and simple cordage.

Could you not make it so that a squirel can only climb wood blocks (like a spider would climb anything) and keep leaves as things you can walk through? You could have a setup where if a squirel sees a player within 15 block it runs to the nearest set of vertically positioned blocks and climbs it. Just an idea.

I occasionally find TFC a little empty when I've killed all the useful things in the vicinity and maybe birds and insects etc would fill that for me, but I'm not really bothered as i'd probably kill them anyway...

I really now like the idea of squirrels in TFC.