Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Xlaymor

Decorations And Landscaping Ideas

7 posts in this topic

Here is a list of ideas I have for decorations and landscaping:

• Beauty Bark: Bark crafted from logs used as decoration in gardens or yards. looks like small strips of bark evenly spread on top of the ground.
  • Bonsai Trees: A small tree that can be made from some saplings that can be somewhat customized in shape. 
  • Display Case: Good for indoor decoration and can carry most items. Size should be an option, as well as style.
  • Tablet: Can be chiseled from any type of stone (hopefully including obsidian) and works like a sign, but can also have images chiseled into it too. (writing and images engraved with a black line. More visible than chiseling normally into stone.)
  • Fountain: A multi-block structure that uses modular pieces, so it can be fully customized. Once built, can be filled with most water vessels.
  • Paintings: Different from vanilla paintings. These have the size chosen when crafted, and the picture chosen when placed.
  • Obsidian: Nothing really specific, just please let us do some cool decorative things with it!

So what does everyone think?

Not sure about some of you suggestions (tablets seem overly complicated, and I don't get the beauty bark thing), but it sure would be nice to have more decorative items. I can think of:

-Hanging plant pots

-Tables, chairs

-Small bushes that could be sheared and replanted

система автоматического украшения построек:

У меня есть мысли по поводу украшения зданий и построек отмеченных игроком. Так построив любую коробку, игрок могбы выделить область и указать назначение объекта (дом, кузница, ферма, склад и так далее), при этом выделенная область украшалась бы автоматически предметами обихода соответствующими выбранному типу зданий. Взаимодействие с предметами можно сделать невозможным, но при этом жилище человека будет выглядеть более обжитым. Например возле фермы кучи навоза, у мельницы шестерни или жернова... то что неотъемлимо присутствует у соответствующих построек.

Та же система может выполнять функции определения населенных пунктов. Например скопление регионов помеченных как здания, имеющие область назначенную ратушей или муниципалитетом является населенным пунктом и к этому месту можно применить соответствующие политики. Возможно на поселение нападут дикие животные, возможно разбойники, возможно владельцу станут доступны некоторые вещи, недоступные игрокам не имеющим в своем владении данных объектов. При этом назначить область домом или фермой можно легко, а вот ратушей допустим уже не так просто. Допустим нельзя построить ратушу если в определенном радиусе есть другая ратуша. 

Каменный век это прекрасно, но рано или поздно люди пришли к принципу общинного строя и отсутствие населенных пунктов делает игру постоянным каменным веком просто с разными орудиями труда.

Thanks you google translate:

system of automatic decoration of buildings:
I have thought about the decoration of buildings and structures mentioned player. So build any box, the player mogby highlight the area and specify the purpose of the object (house, blacksmith shop, farm, storage, and so on), and the selected area will automatically be decorated household items corresponding to the selected type of building. The interaction with the objects you can make it impossible, but the man home will look more homely. For example near a farm manure pile, the mill or the millstone gear ... what an integral is present in the respective buildings.

The same system can serve as a definition of the settlements. For example accumulation regions marked as buildings of the area designated by the municipality or town hall is the settlement and for this place, you can apply the appropriate policies. Perhaps a settlement attack wild animals, probably robbers, perhaps the owner will be available to some things that are not available to players not having in his possession of these objects. At the same time designate the area of ​​the house or the farm can be easy, but let's say the town hall is not so simple. Let's say you can not build a city hall if within a certain radius have another Town Hall.

Stone Age is fine, but sooner or later people came to the principle of communal system and the lack of settlements makes the game a permanent stone age just with different tools.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same game... there won't be any "designated areas", and what of settlesments if you're in single player.

Also, russian, man, really?

Thanks you google translate:

system of automatic decoration of buildings:

I have thought about the decoration of buildings and structures mentioned player. So build any box, the player mogby highlight the area and specify the purpose of the object (house, blacksmith shop, farm, storage, and so on), and the selected area will automatically be decorated household items corresponding to the selected type of building. The interaction with the objects you can make it impossible, but the man home will look more homely. For example near a farm manure pile, the mill or the millstone gear ... what an integral is present in the respective buildings.

The same system can serve as a definition of the settlements. For example accumulation regions marked as buildings of the area designated by the municipality or town hall is the settlement and for this place, you can apply the appropriate policies. Perhaps a settlement attack wild animals, probably robbers, perhaps the owner will be available to some things that are not available to players not having in his possession of these objects. At the same time designate the area of ​​the house or the farm can be easy, but let's say the town hall is not so simple. Let's say you can not build a city hall if within a certain radius have another Town Hall.

Stone Age is fine, but sooner or later people came to the principle of communal system and the lack of settlements makes the game a permanent stone age just with different tools.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same game... there won't be any "designated areas", and what of settlesments if you're in single player.

Also, russian, man, really?

That guy has been on a bunch of posts making really long Russian comments, and I am not sure how he is even reading this whole forum because it is all English. Damn you Google Chrome making instant translations. Also I think he is getting that idea of settlements from a think I posted but I realize now it was a terrible idea. It was kind of a dumb idea...

I was just thinking about that because it doesn't feel believable with 1 hut in the middle of nowhere making iron tools and stuff, plus I get bored when I play sandbox games by myself because there isn't anything to make it fun. And jokes in the game get really repetitive like in scrap mechanic having ducks and toilet-paper as blocks.

What I wanted for decorations pretty much since TFC 1 is decorative shields.

With plates of different metals being placeable, one can (optionally) splash some color on it (let's say that would change plate to a shield), and then be able to place weaponry. Altogether that makes a crest and a neat looking weapon storage rack.

(If only MC items didn't fly off into almost literally another dimension when taken off item frames and tool racks..)

(If only MC items didn't fly off into almost literally another dimension when taken off item frames and tool racks..)

Lol - this!