Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatPoulet

TFC Wiki page 404

15 posts in this topic

Hello guys I've returned to TFC after a long Minecraft hiatus and I am still bestowed with the greatest challenge of all: playing the game without it's trusty Wiki page. Why is that? Because I am still (for those wondering I had started a support topic some year ago about the very issue) unable to access for some obscure and unknown reason the wiki page. Enough babbling, I'll get straight to the point.

I get a 404 page. Here's all the information I have:

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

From a different computer on the same connection/router I can access the page normally.

- I get the same 404 page using Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (Had to download that garbage to re-check eww)

Interesting part: I do not get the 404 error using the Tor Browser. But to access it, it asks me for a Captcha (reCaptcha to be precise) which is actually unsolvable! (Basically I follow the instructions and I can't ever solve it, which is a bummer because I think I could actually see the wiki if it could be solved but I think that is a completely different problem altogether so I'll just ignore it) So I guess Tor Browser has something the other browsers don't? I am clueless.

They say an image is worth a thousand words so tl;dr: here is a print screen of what I see when attempting to access the wiki: 

h3wm1Zv.png

Anyone who can point me to the right direction or help in anyway have my complete and full respect. Thank you for giving your precious time reading this! I hope we can find a solution to this perplexing issue.

There's some sort of alert flagged on the top right-hand side of that page.

Try first switching off what's causing that flag and see ifit then works...

There's some sort of alert flagged on the top right-hand side of that page.

Try first switching off what's causing that flag and see ifit then works...

That is Adblock ;-) (you should try it it's amazing for blocking ads)

That made me think I didn't try switching off all Chrome extensions but I did just now and no change.

Your internet connection settings are probably incorrect. Maybe you are using a proxy or you have some issues with static/dynamic IP address assignment. You should do a full troubleshoot (.e.g http://www.howtogeek.com/126265/how-to-troubleshoot-internet-connection-problems/ ). 

As I said I tried with another computer on the same connection, the problem is not my internet but my computer. Maybe some software missing something...

Help is still needed!

Edited by FatPoulet

Not having a proxy in your router does not mean you don't have a proxy in that specific computer.

In windows 7 go to control panel and change to small icons then choose Internet options.

click on the tab for connections and on the bottom click Lan Settings from there unclick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.

If that fixes you issue you good to go, if not try resseting all your internet settings.

From the previous window click on the tab Advanced, on the bottom click the Reset Internet Explorer settings.

The way Windows works even when using other browsers they get settings from there.

I agree with Tony.

FatPoulet, you have to troubleshoot the cause of the problem on your computer. It's a step by step process until you find what is configured incorrectly. We cannot guess what is wrong and cannot provide more help until you give feedback on what you tried.

I agree with Tony.

FatPoulet, you have to troubleshoot the cause of the problem on your computer. It's a step by step process until you find what is configured incorrectly. We cannot guess what is wrong and cannot provide more help until you give feedback on what you tried.

Forgot to add that I did try all the steps at HowtoGeek:

-Ping: I get a ping when I try ping www.terrafirmacraft.com and no lost packets.

-OpenDNS: I changed the DNS settings in my router to OpenDNS addresses.

The rest of the proposed fixes are useless.

Also I just tried resetting Internet Explorer settings like TonyLiberatto said and I still get a 404.

Edited by FatPoulet

The page layout in that screen capture looks like an old version of this website.  Your browser cache may be corrupt and displaying an old script.  Flushing it will force the browser to retrieve a new copy of the website.  The Tor browser uses it's own separate cache.

Link to instructions on clearing browser caches.  http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/

This may or may not be the issue, but I hope it helps.

Edit: The Tor captcha  problem is a known issue with Cloudflare web hosting.  They may be blocking the IP of your Tor exit node.  

Edited by WillOfStone

The point is that the problem is in your computer. 

We may be able to help, but we need more information.

For example, does it happens on other websites?

Have you try running Malwarebytes?

What anti-virus are you using?

Have you run Windows Updates recently?

Having windows 7 means you could upgrade to windows 10, have you considered?

The point is that the problem is in your computer. 

We may be able to help, but we need more information.

For example, does it happens on other websites?

Have you try running Malwarebytes?

What anti-virus are you using?

Have you run Windows Updates recently?

Having windows 7 means you could upgrade to windows 10, have you considered?

-No it doesn't happen to other websites. Well it could but how would I know if I don't visit them right? So I guess I haven't seen it ever on any other website -yet-

-I have malwarebytes and use it often.

-I only have Microsoft Essentials.

-My windows updates automatically.

-I know nothing of windows 10, is it good? I'll check it out. But I really fear the Tabloid and Mobile made-for Windows 8.1 and 10. I prefer staying with Windows 7. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't change anything anyway?

Edit: Clearing out the cache didn't do it.

Edited by FatPoulet

Trying to troubleshoot this could take months in a forum setting.  We can't see what you see.  Generally, 9 out of 10 times these things are due to something the user did but either forgot, or doesn't mention because they think it's unrelated.

My best advice is to copy your important files to the other machine and do a factory reset.  This will wipe the HD and reinstall the system to when you first got it.  You'll have to reinstall all the programs you've added since you bought it, but if you do it one at a time and test it, it should pinpoint what the culprit is. 

Best of luck.

Try clicking on this permanent link to the current wiki page revision:

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=16975

And here is a printable version of the wiki:

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=16975&printable=yes

I'm also beginning to suspect it's a cache problem seeing it's an old version of the wiki page. Running ccleaner and removing all your browser cache and saved forms may help. Also, try disabling your firewall in case windows is accidentally blocking the page.

Edited by Terex

Yes - the images that are being displayed are no longer on the wiki page - This does look like a cache problem.

You're right I should do a full wipe of my drives it would be good for my rig. But I guess my problem is (half) solved, my friend downloaded the whole wiki using some program and .zip'ed it to me. Now I can view it offline mode! Still, I don't understand what ChunkHunter and Terex are saying, what images being displayed? At most I see one, the DONATE banner down in the picture. And I use ccleaner already and it doesnt do anything. I tried empty'ing cache a couple times too.

Mystery.

On the print screen you have 2 images, one in the top where it says" TERRAFIRMACRAFT survival mode as it should have been" and one in the bottom "DONATE". That implies that it is in fact a cache version of the page.

You said you cleaned the cache, not sure what you did so here goes some intructions: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache.

One more thing that could help is to set google as your DNS server in Network properties. Although only after cleaning the cache.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0