Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sequoia

Reducing shader lag?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have installed sildurs Lite shaders with TFC. it does not lag too much for me, but is there anything I can do in the shader config/ TFC config to make it lag a little less? I disabled the waving grass/leaves already, any help welcome! 

Run it with Optifine perhaps? Reduce render distance to the minimum chunk distance? If your graphics card is not fast, shaders will never run very well. And almost unbearable with integrated graphics. I assume the Sildurs Lite shaders preset is already the least demanding. 

Edited by Terex

Alright, just installed Optifine, works excellent now, thanks! almost no lag, 25 FPS :D

Also, do you know how to make streams water blocks work with shaders?

If you look at the first post on streams in the addons section you'll find instructions. You have to copy a bit from the console log into your config file.
Note that you will have to change things if you change your mods/addons.

It works nicely.

Is that where the water block IDs are? I have freshwater already configured, i just need the IDs for streams water. I read he faq on the first post, does not make much sense to me because this is my first time using config.

You get the IDs using NEI (not enough items) plugin. For me, in gbuffers_water.vsh line 48:

if (mc_Entity.x == 8 || mc_Entity.x == 9 || mc_Entity.x == 543 || mc_Entity.x == 544 || mc_Entity.x == 545 || mc_Entity.x == 546 || mc_Entity.x == 547 || mc_Entity.x == 548 || mc_Entity.x == 552 || mc_Entity.x == 553 || mc_Entity.x == 555 || mc_Entity.x == 557 || mc_Entity.x == 558 || mc_Entity.x == 562 || mc_Entity.x == 563 || mc_Entity.x == 564 || mc_Entity.x == 565 || mc_Entity.x == 566 || mc_Entity.x == 567 || mc_Entity.x == 426.0 || mc_Entity.x == 427.0 || mc_Entity.x == 428.0 || mc_Entity.x == 429.0 || mc_Entity.x == 430.0 || mc_Entity.x == 431.0)	{		iswater = 1.0f;	}
Edited by Terex