Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UnderCuvaHippo

Recycling Anvils

17 posts in this topic

Can a mechanic for recycling old anvils be added to the game? Once you get a high tier anvil like steel you don't need that copper/bronze/wrought iron anvil anymore and reclaiming those ingots would be nice. Maybe heat up the anvil and put it in the crafting table with a hammer or something to break it apart or throw it in the bloomery I don't know how but it would be nice.

I use the old anvils as a cooling rack. A place where I can leave hot bars to cool without filling my inventory.

I use the old anvils as a cooling rack. A place where I can leave hot bars to cool without filling my inventory.

same

But some people like to recylce what they've made into something more useful.

Best not to limit what you can melt down, especially if it doesn't have a durability/damage bar.

Besides, an alloying table is better for cooling those hot irons, more space, don't you know.

But it drops stuff on the ground when you leave the inventory.

Wouldnt upgradable ancils be better doe? Like in the iron chest mod...

We stack ours into decorative columns. LOOK AT OUR AMAZING PROGRESS! XD

I make progress Totem Poles as well ^_^

I make progress Totem Poles as well ^_^

I think I hear Vechz silently shedding a tear of black liquid sorrow in the background.

It is amazing.

If only you could make double ingot piles, it'd make for a more interesting monument.

[Conquest of the Kobolds, assemble the largest piles of double ingot piles]

While these anvils do make lovely decorations, it really would be nice to use this huge hunk of purified metal for something other than decoration. Like tools to get more metal.

Wouldnt upgradable ancils be better doe? Like in the iron chest mod...

Not really, think about it, you'd end up with a GIANT ASS anvil with all those layers of metal.

Not really, think about it, you'd end up with a GIANT ASS anvil with all those layers of metal.

That would be so cool!

With the new superveins that are being found you're set for life with metal so this doesn't matter anymore really.

I think something needs to be done about that though because now that is true if we find a single vein we are set and as soon as we find the next vein its useless. The veins either need to be smaller, or there has to be more uses for metals so we can get rid of it faster. We should be trying to conserve metal not waste it.

I'm torn. Before the superveins when I made this thread conserving metals was a huge deal, making tools like shovels axes and propicks out of metal and 7 double ingots of each metal for decoration was blasphemy. You had to scavenge a lot for metal and finding veins was a daily activity. But I do enjoy finding a supervein, creating a road or rail to it and having a mine set up. Not sure which way I would go for the most. Both plays styles were fun.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0