Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omicron

[Solved] Clientside crash in multiplayer after placing Protection Meter

9 posts in this topic

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in large text at the top of the support forum? (Yes/No): Yes

TFC Version #: 0.79.28.908
Forge Version #:  1.7.10-10.13.4.1558

SSP/SMP (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer): SMP

Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug? (Yes/No): No, crash is unrelated to config files

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed? (Yes/No): Yes
Clientside:

- [1.7.10]LeatherWaterSac-3.9.B79

- [1.7.10]TerraMisc-0.9.1

- [1.7.10]TFCScales-1.0.2

- [1.7.10]TFCUdaryMod-0.2.30

- antiqueatlas-1.7.10-4.2.10

- betterfoliage-mc1.7-1.0.15

- CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.7.47-universal

- Damage-Indicators-Mod-1.7.10

- Farseek-1.0.10

- fastcraft-1.21

- ItemPhysic Lite 1.1.5 mc1.7.10

- MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.10B

- NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.120-universal

- SoundFilters-0.8_for_1.7.X

- Streams-0.1.6

- TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.5.3.24

- TFC-Tweaks-1.7.10-0.4.0.17

- Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? (Yes/No): Neither of them is installed

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/sVJQ8Wu8

Description: 
I'm running a local server on my PC. My friend and I play on this server together. We've already played a lot on it; nearly two ingame years have passed, and that is with a 120 day year, I might add. So there's certainly nothing wrong with the way the game or the mods are set up.

Today, I went and crafted - for the first time - two Protection Meters. one of them, I set down right by our house. It worked flawlessly. Then I walked 4-5 chunks away, and set down the second one, in the area where we do our wood harvesting and large charcoal pits. The very moment the block hit the ground: kaboom! Both me and my friend instantly crashed with the same error message: "already tesselating".

The server survived this just fine. Only our clients are crashing. What's worse, though: neither of us can log in anymore. The attempt results in the same crash right as the world loads in. So now we're stuck with a server that runs fine, but cannot be played on.

I've searched a bit across the support forums, and read that this error is often related to Optifine. However, neither of us is using Optifine.

Small update: I have attempted to use MCEdit 2.0 to remove the offending block. Unfortunately the program doesn't like TFC's custom blocks at all. As amusing as it is at first, it makes finding stuff much more difficult...

After a long search I finally found where I had placed down that Protection Meter, but I could not remove it. In fact, I could not interact with it, or any other TFC blocks, in any way.

Did I do something wrong with MCEdit perhaps? It's my first time using it.

Well, seeing as MCEdit won't help, and nobody seems to know anything about this issue, we've decided to just restore a backup instead. Lost about 8 hours of gameplay time.

To everyone else, I can only strongly recommend: don't use Protection Meters. Or if you absolutely must, then back up your world before you plop them down.

Mod blocks don't render in MCEdit. That is normal. You take note of the coordinates of the block and use the commands to delete it.

Protection meters haven't been changed for a long time and this is the first report of an issue I've seen. It is likely just bad luck the block corrupted. Unfortunately that happens in MC and has nothing to do with TFC.

Mod blocks don't render in MCEdit. That is normal. You take note of the coordinates of the block and use the commands to delete it.

Tried that. Unfortunately none of the tools or commands managed to interact with the corrupted block in any way.

Usually I'll replace it with air, stone or something else. Has always worked for me. Strange.

I also really don't understand the error you are getting. I've only seen that error with optifine and possibly cauldron/mcpc+/other bukkit forge amalgams.

Usually I'll replace it with air, stone or something else. Has always worked for me. Strange.

I also really don't understand the error you are getting. I've only seen that error with optifine and possibly cauldron/mcpc+/other bukkit forge amalgams.

Yeah, usually an Open GL issue.

222 entities seems a bit high for a chunk. 

@Bunsan  -  Does the meter use entity count in it's equations? Is the meter itself considered an entity block, like armor stands?

Honestly, the protection meter is quite likely the simplest block that we have in TFC. Looking at that crash report, I would say that it is very highly unlike to be a problem specific to the protection meter. It's likely that placing the block was just the straw that broke the camels back. The real issue is probably related to the entity count honestly. If I were you I would backup the world and then load the world in mcedit and remove all the entities in that chunk (mcedit has this ability right?), and then try again. If it works then do it again and remove just a few entities until it works.

That 'Already Tesselating' error is in my experience (when not because I was doing some crazy rendering) usually just related to too many things attempting to render at once. 

@WillOfStone No it does not. It just reads a simple value that we have stored and picks a side texture.

*edit*

nvm, that's not it either.

Edited by InsaneJ

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0