Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daxx367

Sticks

20 posts in this topic

Instead of having a stick for every tree have a stick for every type of tree Eg. Stick for hard wood, soft wood and if there is any other types for them as well. Hard wood sticks would add to the strength of the tool or item and soft wood would be the same or take depending on where there are other tree 'types'.

Also maybe stick piles to go with the log piles???

Different stick types were removed in the most recent update.

Different stick types were removed in the most recent update.

I think he knows and this is a response to that--a sound one, too. :U

Yes I do know its an idea to keep some of what was removed. Just an idea and also maybe different handle types? Like there made form different things? For now it would have to be metals.

I love the idea.. BUT!!!

Because of the imitation in item Id's, we cant have to many versions of same items.

Then Bioxx can't add new stuff.

Only way is (maybe, haven't programmed in minecraft) if tools gets a sort of "enchantment".

Depending on the stick (soft / "normal" / hard), without having a new set of tools/items.

Because of the imitation in item Id's,

We were perfectly okay with a stick for each tree. I don't think just three sticks are going to kill us.

We were perfectly okay with a stick for each tree. I don't think just three sticks are going to kill us.

Read more carefully + it was removed for a reason.

Instead of having a stick for every tree have a stick for every type of tree Eg. Stick for hard wood, soft wood and if there is any other types for them as well. Hard wood sticks would add to the strength of the tool or item and soft wood would be the same or take depending on where there are other tree 'types'.

Also maybe stick piles to go with the log piles???

Lets say he meant 3 stick types that changes the tools, there is about 8 tools so 3*8.

THEN add for every metal, 18*(3*8) = a lot.

What I was trying to say we should limit the ID's as much as possible, so I elaborated his idea.

So others wouldn't come and troll "too many item ID's! so I wrote how we could avoid that :P

Read more carefully + it was removed for a reason.

Lets say he meant 3 stick types that changes the tools, there is about 8 tools so 3*8.

What I was trying to say we should limit the ID's as much as possible, so I elaborated his idea.

So others wouldn't come and troll "too many item ID's! so I wrote how we could avoid that :P

...What? Oh, I see what you were thinking now. I had imagined that if different kinds of sticks were to be used with the current tools/tool heads they would just be adding (or subtracting) points to durability. (That seems to be what daxx is suggesting...) It makes more sense than adding a bunch of nearly identical tools with slightly different caps.

edit: Yeah, I see where I misunderstood now. That flew completely over my head.

Yeah, but he wrote it very poorly, plus neither of us seem to know much about the programming, at least not me :).

I dunno if adding durability makes more Id's...

Or if enchantment does.

I just thought since you can enchant a lot (4 enchants on a sword), that shouldn't make new Id's (since there would be too many variations = A LOT of id's) :)

I'm only loosely informed on the subject. I don't believe there's a limit on IDs as long as you're using forge Well, there may be, but it's an absurdly huge limit we shouldn't need to worry about, I think... (Around 4096 if I'm not mistaken) Anyway items have IDs and damage values. If you want to conserve ID space, you can make different items share the same ID by changing their damage value...however because tools actually use their damage values, I don't think this is possible.

Adding in three dozen tools shouldn't be a problem, but it would also make sifting through lists tough trough all that clutter. What I was suggesting was to directly add or subtract from the durability the tool had though. No new items.

I have no clue how enchantments are stored.

If I'm wrong, please explain as I'd like to know for certain. :U

I like the enchantment/durability idea, but having 200+ different types of tools simply for having different handles would be ridiculous.

But kinda cool also if you think about it... That would really make me feel playing a realistic game. Maybe that's just me

...>_> ...multiplication is commutative. You don't need parentheses...

also damn, I go on vacation for 3 days, only to come back to every post ever.

Good gods you people HAVE been busy without me, lol

maybe the stick type just adds more uses to the tool, if that's even possible with the way tool duration works.

Ok. Now to clear up some points.

1st. With forge there is an unlimited amount of ITEM ids but there is still only the 250 something BLOCK ids.

2nd. I think (Im starting out with moding) that you cant change durability with enchanting or with out changing the ITEM id.

Ahhh.. so its only placeable blocks that take up IDs? (stairs etc.) ?

Yes but there are ITEM ID's but because of forge there's 1000's of them so i think we will be fine. And there are about 3 mods out there to exstend BLOCK ID's and there easy to do compared to what Bioxx is doing now so he can do it.

I love the idea.. BUT!!!

Because of the imitation in item Id's, we cant have to many versions of same items.

Then Bioxx can't add new stuff.

Only way is (maybe, haven't programmed in minecraft) if tools gets a sort of "enchantment".

Depending on the stick (soft / "normal" / hard), without having a new set of tools/items.

how could we possibly run out of item IDs, they go up to 40,000 or something.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0