Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

MCModelCreator(MCMC)

12 posts in this topic

I'll post here when I've updated MCMC from now on.

Edit: I've made a pinned thread for that now.

With this first post, I've pushed a new version with some of the requested lighting changes. Shadow casting is off by default now and the material applied to the model in the editor now has 0 smoothness which should help with some of the lighting reflection that was occurring.

So uh, it says I don't have permission to access that MCMC download page.  Maybe another thing to add to contributor profile?

Yep, all good.  I do like the lighting improvements a lot btw.

Would this be a good place to request new features for MCMC or should that go through PM?

I have a couple issues that could use improvement.

Using right click to pan, seems like sometimes it doesn't do anything.  It seems that I have to be one the animal or the turf block, or something else, for it to work well or sometimes at all.  I'd really like it if the pan was not dependent on being over objects.

Second, when I select a new box, I'd like for the program to NOT re-center the screen.   Sometimes I like the view I'm in.  Could we get a 'center on box' button or something, and not have the window re-center when selecting a new box?

Of course if you guys prefer it the way it is, say so.  these are just my opinions.

Oh, and also, the texture box.  I think it'd be better if the zoom/render/load buttons were postioned on any other side *except* the left side.  When I have the texture window fully zoomed at 4x, it's the same width as the left menu column - I keep it below all the other stuff, in that empty grey area.  But I have to hang it into the model window because the buttons are on the left side.  If the buttons were on the right, they'd cover less model window.  Or if they were above or below the texture window, they'd wouldn't have to hang over at all.

Edited by Darmo

I few changes I would like on my side:

When I first downloaded the program it gave me an option of what size window I wanted for the program. I have not had this box pop up since. Is there some way to change this setting so that I can make MCMC run at a different resolution?

I would like an option that could deselect all the boxes so that you could view the entire model without having one of the boxes tinged red as the program is currently selecting that. Maybe clicking this option would switch to an isometric view of the whole model?

I would like the dark grey areas of the screen to be dead-zones when clicking on the model. Currently, you can select parts through the dark grey area. This grows annoying when trying to select a number to change. See the photo below. If I were to click the dark grey box to change the offset along the z axis, then it would select the box that the red arrow points to.

Clicking through the dark grey.png

Loving the 1.06 changes.  However, with regards to the TEX window.  With the buttons below, when I pop up the zoom menu and it's near the bottom so the window pops up instead of down, it seems that the shape maps in the map window actually override the popup menu, or maybe the menu is translucent or something, but it makes it hard to read.  I think a hierarchy needs to be changed there or mabe the background and/or text of the popup changed to read better against the map field?

Edited by Darmo

Two things I would change is making the the texture alignment window a lot bigger with more than x4 zoom. Also when clicking new it'd be nice to have it either prompt to save or launch another instance of the program. Currently if you misclicked or didn't realize that behavior you could lose hours of work.

@Bioxx hi, I tried downloading the MC Model Creator but the Dropbox link gives me a 404 error, can it be fixed by any chance?

Edited by lukamas233