Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SierraKhaar

Option to change year/seasons duration

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a option to change year duration?

• Yes!
    • No!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

We talked about this a little in another thread about the duration of the year and seasons.

Now for me that only plays single-player, 80hours / year is a lot, specially since I can't play that much.

For people who plays on servers, 80 can be too little. Since after less then 4 full days a year has passed.

So maybe we NEED a option to change year/seasons?

Like 3 or 4 options to choose from.

Lets poll about this, and hope that if its what we want, Bioxx can have time to add it :).

it would make sense. i've been playing on a server that only runs for about 5-10 hours a day, so we haven't had the chance to actually see the seasons change yet.

I definitely see what you mean from a single player perspective since 80 hours of single player is way too long for a year to pass. I don't see too much of a need to adjust multiplayer but it could be a good thing to make it longer with a year passing every week instead of 4 days.

Voted Yes.

Edit - Maybe a good way to go about it would be in the options menu of single player have a season speed multiplier like 2x 4x 8x etc and the same sort of adjustment for someone running a server. And if you found a season you like you could slow it down to normal =P and hurry through the bad ones.

i think it would be better if it were chosen during the creation of the world, that way someone isn't in spring or fall for 50 hours and in summer and winter for 15. it would skew the balance if you could rush through seasons.

Honestly, if you're playing single player and want summer for a long time and short winters, I'm all for doing whatever you want in your own singleplayer world. And if your playing multiplayer a reasonable admin/owner would set the time once or adjust it to how people feel it needs to be. I doubt they would just change it drastically out of nowhere without input from people in the server. But it is just a suggestion on how to handle the flow of time.

I like this idea but Fruit trees maybe affected with a duration change like that the option is nice but 2x 4x 6x and 8x would have to speed up growth of the trees witch would entail more bugs.. this is not what we need. We need climate selections like Equator, 10o ,20o ,30o ,40o ,50o,60o for all of the area this would help difficulty on agriculture either making it harder for experienced players by selecting 50o or 60o, but for new players they could select equator for an all summertime weather with a little cold waves but that could happen but not very often... kind of like how the earth is...

Okay.... going from SMP to SSP is insanely difficult.

I've been playing my singleplayer map nonstop for four days and my trees have yet to get out of 'winter mode' in early spring. -_- Coming from having the ability to see a new season every day or two this is really insane how large of an impact having a set time for seasons is and the difference between the two modes. At this rate, my house will be struck by lightning and burned down before I get to enjoy the fruit trees I've planted.

I think this is a good idea. If seasons pass every 20 hours and a server runs 24/7 then you could miss your fruit harvest just because you had to goto work/school. Maybe just adjust the day/night length. Still have the same amount of days per season etc, but make the days longer on SMP and shorter on SSP.

Currently, the duration of months and years in TFCraft are lengthy in SSP. I don't think that there is a need to change how long days are, but I think the months can be changed. I believe a good solution is to have the months based on the moon cycle (Referring to the moon transitions in a realistic sense). It would make it easier for SSP since seasons would pass much more rapidly. This also benefits SMP when people are only on at specific times of the day because of the extra time length which equates to ~ 3 months difference, which always puts them in a different season when they log back on.

Not to dump math in here, but some data of current times and my proposed time changes:

Current Time:

1 full minecraft day ~ 20 mins

30 full minecraft days = 1 full minecraft month ~ 600 mins = 10 hours

12 minecraft months = 1 full minecraft year ~ 7200 = 120 hours = 5 days

Proposed Time Change: (8 Moon Transitions)

1 full minecraft day ~ 20 mins

8 full minecraft days = 1 full minecraft month ~ 160 mins < 3 hours

12 full minecraft months = 1 full minecraft year ~ 1920 mins = 32 hours = 1.25 days

I am not including half days (Sleeping at night) since it is about half the full time.

This might make fruit trees a very easy supply of food being available almost every real life day, but you also have to consider that you reduce the number of days that you can harvest the fruit from the tree from 30 minecraft days to 8 minecraft days. I believe this is a good way to balance out how long the months are and how plentiful fruit are when they are ripe for picking.

I'm sorry, I see what you mean now, 80 hours of single player is too much, I voted no but now i would gladly plead yes with you.

Yeah some of us don't have the luxury to play games 12hours a day.

That means SMP becomes dull too because everyone will progress much more :(.

So the new fruits n stuff is a waste of time, before I've played 80hours Bioxx has changed the world gen 4 times (if you are reading this, thx for the latest ore change ^^ )

Yeah, MP is non stop time, you could just go offline but the world continues to pass and grow. On SP is different, you need to open the game so the time could pass. Is like thinking the other suggestion where the game simulate the time when you are offline. I think changing the time is a better way to solve this. Voted yes. :)