Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Incompatibility

Silver Items & Undead Mobs

23 posts in this topic

Something I feel would be a great addition to individuality of the metals would be to give them bonuses toward different uses, such as silver tools doing bonus damage to undead mobs.

silver swords and arrows could have the smite enchantment by default.

Eh, you could make Silver Arrows glow by default, has the effects of smite, but not have the caption.

What else, other precious metals have innate special powers?

Not sure, but I feel as though blue or red steel should have special powers since they don't actually exist. To me it feels like they should have something more special to them aside from being some of the best tools.

Eh, you could make Silver Arrows glow by default, has the effects of smite, but not have the caption.

What else, other precious metals have innate special powers?

Lead could give stat ailments if you hold it for too long lol

Lead could give stat ailments if you hold it for too long lol

lead pipe weapon.

lead pipe weapon.

...wouldn't that imply piping systems? yeah, the romans used plumbium (lead) for their piping... but they ended up with craptons of dain bramage for their trouble.

...wouldn't that imply piping systems? yeah, the romans used plumbium (lead) for their piping... but they ended up with craptons of dain bramage for their trouble.

unless you're using the lead pipes to transport something that you're eating or drinking, you should be fine. Technically, you could use lead pipes for things like gas lines or oil, but that really wouldn't fit with this mod. Lead should be used for what it does best, weights and children's toys.

How about, brass, gold, and platinum?

Well None of those by themselves are good for tools, but, gold in vanilla minecraft has the fastest speed of any material, so combining it with other metal could give you a speedy tool.

Platinum on the other hand could give you better durability.

So what, silver has smite, seems kind of, backassed, but I guess all precious metals don't get to be entirely dazzling with thier latent effect.

Keeping in mind, this is as long as the special effects of the precious metals are not obvious, in that you don't see any captioned enchants with it.

In terms of armor, I'm guessing Gold has strange mitigation [as reference to how it is strangely blast resistant in vanilla], platinum has durability, and silver has some form of other effect, poison resist/mitigation?

So what, silver has smite, seems kind of, backassed, but I guess all precious metals don't get to be entirely dazzling with thier latent effect.

Keeping in mind, this is as long as the special effects of the precious metals are not obvious, in that you don't see any captioned enchants with it.

In terms of armor, I'm guessing Gold has strange mitigation [as reference to how it is strangely blast resistant in vanilla], platinum has durability, and silver has some form of other effect, poison resist/mitigation?

Yes, so that the user can use a little common sense and deductive reasoning to conclude the special properties certain metals have. It would be much more interesting than just "oh great, faster mine speed and more damage."

EDIT: strengths and weaknesses each metal might have;

Silver does wonders with undead mobs, but as soon as it comes in contact with your cuddly and hairy 8-legged, or huggable and green creeper, it falls short.

Precious metals are very malleable, so you'd probably have to reshape them often.

Sterling silver, and rose gold are more consistent, but they have weaker effects.

Silver is a pretty heavy metal, so if anything, it would make very good for cleaving.

Not sure, but I feel as though blue or red steel should have special powers since they don't actually exist. To me it feels like they should have something more special to them aside from being some of the best tools.

Fire and Ice come to mind?

This kind of fits in but things should have things that there good and bad at.

Eg. Heavier metals should be used for crushing weapons and lighter metals for swords.

Just like it is in Dwarf Fortress

Heavy swords are actually very good things too, steel just happens to have an amazing edge too.

Yes but most heavy metal lose there edge on the first hit. Steel is an 'all rounder' as such.

That's because usually heavier metals, like lead, and gold are ductile.

Copper, Tungsten, Some Depleted Radioactive Metals are heavy, yes, but damn do they hold an edge.

That's because usually heavier metals, like lead, and gold are ductile.

Copper, Tungsten, Some Depleted Radioactive Metals are heavy, yes, but damn do they hold an edge.

Lol, uranium sword applies rad poisoning debuff

Yes but most heavy metal lose there edge on the first hit.

alloy a heavy metal with titanium and yttrium - it'll be brittle as glass, but you can hack away at soft stuff for decades and it won't lose an edge. High-carbon yttrrium-doped titanium steel is the best metal in the world for making shaving razors from; you'll only ever need one for the rest of your life

Just to point out, you never, EVER, make "silver" weapons. You make "silvered" weapons -- you take your iron or steel sword or arrowheads and coat them with silver.

Just to point out, you never, EVER, make "silver" weapons. You make "silvered" weapons -- you take your iron or steel sword or arrowheads and coat them with silver.

That's gilding ;)

You need to make metal leaf, and apply some glue to the metal implement you are gilding, and use a variety of tools to get a seamless finish.

Oh and I thought blue/red silver needed precious metals in their construction ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0