Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Darmo

Llama by Therighthon *FINAL*

15 posts in this topic

Therighthon has done a really good llama model and texture in application to join the team.  This is a dual-mode model, with both wooly and shorn textures.  There's 7 separate wool boxes - 4 legs, body, neck, and head - which all disappear when shorn, so it goes quite a bit further than the vanilla sheep. He's made a lot of progress from initial go, and I think the end result is very good.  The shorn llama looks so skinny and goofy, I think it's great! 

LlamaScreencapShorn.jpgLlamaScreencapWooly.jpg

Llama.MCModel

LlamaWhite.png

LlamaWhiteShorn.png

Edited by Darmo

I like it. Contributor status given.

Here are a few of the alternate textures I have been working on. I added some shading to the all-black and all-brown coats since I last sent them over.

Ll1.pngLl2.pngLl3.pngLl5.pngLl4.pngLl6.pngLl7.png

Lookin good.  I still think the grey one has a bit too much noise on the upper part perhaps.  There's some really dark patches, and a lot of noise in general. 

I am loving all these textures for the Llama. They really make the animal feel so much more diverse. The usage of the transparent box to create a shaggy coat for the Llama adds a lot to the texture. We have a question to ask about the sheared texture though... If you look at a picture of a sheared sheep in Minecraft, the sheared variant is not a clean cut (Attached Below). The texture is really patchy. Do we want to change the sheep texture to have a clean cut in TFC2? Or do we want to add the patchiness to the Llama textures?

Sheep_(Sheared).png

8 minutes ago, Th3A1ph4D0g said:

I am loving all these textures for the Llama. They really make the animal feel so much more diverse. The usage of the transparent box to create a shaggy coat for the Llama adds a lot to the texture. We have a question to ask about the sheared texture though... If you look at a picture of a sheared sheep in Minecraft, the sheared variant is not a clean cut (Attached Below). The texture is really patchy. Do we want to change the sheep texture to have a clean cut in TFC2? Or do we want to add the patchiness to the Llama textures?

Sheep_(Sheared).png

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I made the texture. I personally prefer the smoother look, and to just have it be a color change, but I could re-texture it to be scraggly if you all would prefer it. I am not too particular about it either way, and the patchy texture is convenient on sheep because you can tell if they have been shorn or not at a glance.

Go ahead and make a scraggly looking texture. It will be interesting to see what it looks like. 

If it were up to me, we'd replace the vanilla sheep entirely.  It just isn't a good model, like all vanilla models.  To me most shorn animal pictures look very smooth, so I'm pretty ok with the shorn textures as they are.  It seems like in most cases the skin underneath matches the color of the fur pretty close.  There's actually google pics of shorn llamas with spotted skin.  My 2cents.

2 hours ago, Darmo said:

If it were up to me, we'd replace the vanilla sheep entirely.  It just isn't a good model, like all vanilla models.  To me most shorn animal pictures look very smooth, so I'm pretty ok with the shorn textures as they are.  It seems like in most cases the skin underneath matches the color of the fur pretty close.  There's actually google pics of shorn llamas with spotted skin.  My 2cents.

Seconded on replacing the sheep model, the shorn version is kinda hideous. If you apply the texture of a shorn sheep to the shorn llama, it looks like this. I am not a huge fan, though it would probably be better if I actually put effort into it.
UglyLlama.png

My curiosity about the shorn texture has been sated. The default version is really just super ugly. I guess I just got used to it after 4-5 years of playing Vanilla MineCraft. Your original shorn texture is much better then this one that is modeled off the sheep. We are probably better off re-modeling the vanilla sheep as Darmo suggested earlier. 

Darmo, here is the smoothed out version of the Black and White texture.
Screenshot_6.png

LlamaWhiteBlack.png

I think you can probably put *FINAL* on this one Therighthon

lol, woops, forgot about that detail!