Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

Hi, so ive been playing a little bit more today and i wanted to make transfer ladle (for which you need to make wheels from iron) but i couldnt see the option in my anvil, so after looking into the minetweaker scripts i found this :

//minecart wheels
mods.Terrafirmacraft.Anvil.addPlanRecipe("small_wheel", 14, 14, 20);      
game.setLocalization("gui.plans.small_wheel", "Small Wheel");      
mods.Terrafirmacraft.Anvil.addAnvilRecipe(<customitems:small_wheel> * 2, <terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Ingot>, "metalrod", 3); 
#foundry alternative

should there be a "small_wheel" instead of "metalrod" ? changing that line worked for me, so i guess its just a copy/paste error when making those scripts :D

Chaos, thanks for removing chaos from my modpack. I corrected wheels bug in version 1.01, there are also some other changes:

I tweaked bauxite occurrence (now it is spawned in chert and claystone, of course only in new chunks), rolling machine now needs iron gears instead of steel (obtaining steel gears is tricky without inductive furnace, man need to pour liquid steel from TFC mold into Refractory Container, some metal is lost in action), I added anvil recipe for iron gears (however use of Metal Caster is strongly recommended). Copper tools (including maces and swords) can be recycled using IE crusher. Silicon dioxide can be obtained without Metal Atomiser, using sifter and quartzite sand.

I think you should add in tfc pewter or leather water sac, so we dont have to use jugs late game

18 hours ago, KsterNator said:

I think you should add in tfc pewter or leather water sac, so we dont have to use jugs late game

Peter mod was already within this set, but was removed because  of its critical bug. Ceramic jugs are not really problem once pottery furnace is constructed, but their capacity is rather small, so it is good idea to include water sac mod.

In version 1.03, despite of water sac (with rubber based alternative recipe), I changed as follows:

- if TFC mold is present, foundry produce hot TFC ingots (just below melting point) - thanks to this they can be forged, another advantage is that such ingots are not stackable (foundry produce items very fast). Alternative recipe with foundry mold would yield continuos production of cold ingots.

- new item "Copper Rod", which is stackable, copper rod from Udary Mod renamed to copper electrode

- nickel extraction from cooked limonite supported by lab electrolyser (with bonus red mud byproduct)

- some recipe tweaks, IE light engineering block is less expensive, foundry liquid hopper require less steel and explicite require black steel, overall NEI cleanup

I think HQM instead of the current quest check mod would be a nice idea, as the mod pack is rather large and the line of progression could be a bit more explained with HQM. It may be a rather time investor to make all the quests, but i think it would be a neat addition for this modpack.

P.S. You may want to actually put leather water sac mod in the modpack ;p 

Simply Achievements is good because is simply :) However seems that it doesn't support multiplayer (I checked only with private offline server, maybe it is player Id issue).

Currently most important step is to create my own mod supporting this modpack, because helper mods (customitems, blockproperties etc) have limited possibility (I hate keeping gases in buckets). I have also suspicion, that ore generation based on customitems cause lags (anyone have lags during new chunk generation?).

Water sac added in 1.04, I forgot add it to commit. Tweaked foundry recipes (melting quartz/SiO2 dust is faster than blocks).

Hello,
I really like this modpack, but after 3 weeks of playing I finally got one problem. Creosote oil can't be extracted from coke oven by TFC wooden bucket or any other TFC bucket, except original minecraft bucket. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Thank you.

4 hours ago, Rovragge said:

Hello,
I really like this modpack, but after 3 weeks of playing I finally got one problem. Creosote oil can't be extracted from coke oven by TFC wooden bucket or any other TFC bucket, except original minecraft bucket. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Thank you.

Use minecraft glass bottle (convert from TFC bottle) or empty cell. TFC buckets are not supporting non-TFC fluid (I need to make my own mod to fix it).

Version 1.05 is released, non-TFC ingots (for example from Foundry mod) can be converted to TFC by heating (they will convert to TFC at welding temperature).

Good day.

Sorry for my bad english.
Build 1.04 after entering the command /mt reload provides the following: WARNING: 144 modification were stuck

1 hour ago, alex0575 said:

Build 1.04 after entering the command /mt reload provides the following: WARNING: 144 modification were stuck

It is normal behavior, some minetweaker recipes cannot be reloaded (for example knapping recipes) without reloading whole minecraft.

A wierd thing that happens with tank carts is that even if you put 1 bucket it in shows like it has 3.4 million millibuckets but it has the same amount you put in when you extract it

There is also uranium ore but you cant do anything with it. It says it can be crushed in a rock crusher but you cant craft those.

Edited by KsterNator

3 hours ago, KsterNator said:

A wierd thing that happens with tank carts is that even if you put 1 bucket it in shows like it has 3.4 million millibuckets but it has the same amount you put in when you extract it

There is also uranium ore but you cant do anything with it. It says it can be crushed in a rock crusher but you cant craft those.

1. I cant reproduce it, it show me proper values: 1000/32000 (the latter one is a total capacity)

2. railcraft crusher is disabled, because it randomly add strange recipes. Use quern or IE crusher to get crushed pitchblende, proceed with barrel or ore washer and further as is shown in the last chart:

https://github.com/Wahazar/TerraFirmaProgressivePack/blob/master/doc/processingpaths.pdf

Ps. I'm finishing helper mod for this modpack, there will be update soon, with improved liquids support and ore generation.

Well for me at least it only does that to Fluids related to tfc and liquid glass.2017-07-05_19.52.15.png

Also I think something is conflicting with cellulose fibers, it says you can craft them with limewater but now according to nei you can only do it with Potash Liquor

2017-07-05_19.51.36.png

Edited by KsterNator

The tank cart issue is a known bug with RC, which I reported when that version was released. It only occurs with a few fluids, likely to do with how those fluids are registered. 

On 10.07.2017 at 8:08 PM, Bunsan said:

The tank cart issue is a known bug with RC, which I reported when that version was released. It only occurs with a few fluids, likely to do with how those fluids are registered. 

Is it possible to fix this bug by re-registering these fluids? (I have created my own mod for handling this modpack)

Fortunately it is rather graphical bug (and decrease of tank car capacity), it is not possible to make fraud of liquid quantity even with unloaders.

Also I think something is conflicting with cellulose fibers, it says you can craft them with limewater but now according to nei you can only do it with Potash Liquor

Where is says about limewater? Both previous version and current one was designed to work only with potash liquor. Limewater is too easy and therefore would make modern paper press obsolete.

Edited by ciekma

Version 1.11 was pushed to the github.

My newest TFC Primitive Technology Mod is integrated into this modpack.

Additionally, I created special mod to handle my modpack. Thanks to this mod, several issued is fixed and some optimization is performed.

Better liquid support - wooden buckets for creozote and oil, blue steel buckets for molten steel, black steel alloys and pig iron, red steel bucket for hydrochloric acid and leached uranite, removed buckets for gases. Some liquids and gases  are harmful.

New Transfer Ladle - easier and safer to use - when placed, will try to skip molten metal vertically, always in direction of player view (not just north, as it was before). If thre is no free space (chimney) below ladle, it will spill metal horizontally. Molten metal can be solidified with water. Transfer Ladle cannot fit into TFC chest and if filled, must to be transported on the back.

For sake of existing games compatibility, old empty transfer ladle still exist and can be crafted into new empty transfer ladle.

New ore generator - instead of custom items generator for additional rare minerals, I implemented generator for hot spring fissures and lava fissures which can occurs below deep sea bed (in regular TFC there are none fissures for this biome). These additional abyssal vents are relatively rich in stibnite, pyrolusite, fluorite, salmiac and prismarine, according to the wiki page.  I hope that it improve speed of new chunks generation (previous generator was blindly seeking for hot water/lava blocks) and bring some additional fun with seabed minig (there are few tools for exploring sea bed:  Anchor Heels and Rebreather or Scuba Helmet or water breathing potion).

Block properties mod removed - it is no more required as I can fix these thing using my helper mod.  If you are updating modpack manually, remove this mod (or its config files) to avoid crashes.

Some recipes were fixed, namely all Foundry soft molds recipes should keep prototype.

Edited by ciekma

Are there currently any servers hosting this mudpack? been looking for one for ages

15 hours ago, masterchiefish said:

Are there currently any servers hosting this mudpack? been looking for one for ages

Most of mud is cleaned up, in August I have plans to visit US and watch eclipse, after vacations I would try to run test server.

8 hours ago, danieledward said:

This mod doesn't work with my server.

Remove mods which should not be on the server side, as is described in OP.

Thank you, I'll try that. Did not notice it in the blatently obvious OP. 

Is this server still running? Because I would love to partake.

I've managed to make a server work for this, was fairly easy just make sure to keep the client side mods out of the server mods file

2 hours ago, masterchiefish said:

I've managed to make a server work for this, was fairly easy just make sure to keep the client side mods out of the server mods file

Great, please announce it on http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/forum/9-servers/ forum.

Unfortunately I will be offline this month, so I cannot participate.

it is a client side server, dedicated on my computer so I wont know when it goes down or up