Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

After many days of testing and tweaking, I present new version of TFPP: 1.30.

Two new mods are introduced: Hardcore Darkness and Enviromine.

Hardcore Darkness make real black darkness during new moon or in caves, no gamma cheating. But thanks to the Dynamic Lights mod, no need to put torches everywhere, you can carry torch as portable light, you can also drop torch to enlighten cave or ravine bed. You can also use Hard Hat as portable light source, very convenient during mining when you cannot keep torch in hand.

darkness.jpg?raw=true

Enviromine brings some challenges to the game:

1. Sanity decreases, when was hurt or exposed to the monsters in dark caves, it will recover during day if you see open sky, you can also drink alcoholic beverages or lemonade to recover your sanity (remember, don't overdose alcohol).
  2.  Air quality decreases, when fire sources, lava or engines are located in enclosed room/cave/mine, if depleted, you will suffocate. You can improve air quality using respirator or placing leaves blocks/saplings. Vertical shaft to the open sky also helps a lot.
  3. Block physics affect most of blocks, except TFC igneous rocks, glowstone, vanilla logs (made from olive soaked TFC logs), reinforced foam, railcraft metal platform and some multiblock machines.

There are following tiers of block endurance, which affect maximal span of bridge, roof or other hanging structure:

1. sand-like (log pile, pumpkins)

2. loose - 2 blocks span (thatch, cobblestone and smooth stone walls, vanilla cobblestone, mud bricks, clay)

3. average - 4 blocks span (ordinary wood planks, road bricks, sedimentary rocks, smooth stones)

4. strong - 8 blocks span (olive or creosote treated wood planks, stone bricks, vanilla bricks and wool, carpenter blocks, TFC logs, metal structures, concrete etc).

Rules of thumb is: cheap/easy bocks are weak, expensive are better.

Here is an example:

differentspans.jpg?raw=truef

from bottom left to top right: cobblestone, arched cobblestone, wood planks, arched wood planks, logs, olive treated logs, chalk stone, concrete with different configurations.

Note, that above spans in tier list are for single lane of blocks, wide/thick structure is stronger. For example, thicker bridge can have larger span between supports, and making arches would save some building material:

arcbridge.jpg?raw=true

Of course Enviromine physics is not applied to the block already handled by TFC physics, such gravel, cobblestone, dirt, and ignenous rocks. I tested it both in singleplayer and multiplayer mode and it works fine.

Edited by ciekma

Wipe the old world does not need to do?

No need to wipe, I'm still using my old worlds in SP and MP.

New version 1.34 is available. Besides of new TFC Primitive Technology mod and some fixes and recipe tweaks, I changed simple Achievements mod to Achivements Books mod - the latter one works properly on SMP, each player can have own diary, not a common one.

For those wondering how to make ship block, IHL manual book is not craftable, but is added to zombie engineer and zombie messenger drop list. Such approach is to avoid players making long bridges from cheap tiny ship blocks, which can levitate (not only a cheat, but also would lag a server).

No need to wipe worlds, just type /nml confirm on server start.

Edited by ciekma

After the update, errors appear. The folder of scripts and config updated

After the update, errors appear. The folErrors.png

Seems that you forgot to update mod folder. Delete tfcprimitive mod v.02 and replace with v.03

Thank you. Sorry for the trouble - my inattention, did not see the changed version of the mod

Also check TFPPHelper mod, should be v.04

I'm comparing the mods folder before updating, it's just overlooked here

You may want to remove fruit tree leaves from gravity list, as they can fall down when trying to harvest them

I Have enjoyed this pack so far! I created a server for it if anyone wish's to join, I just thought i would put a link to it here in case anyone is interested in joining long. http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/10209-terrafirma-progressive-pack-new-server/ So far Multiplayer runs very well for this pack, I suppose my only suggestion I have heard from others is to add Fastcraft to help it run smoother, but otherwise I really enjoy the extended play time, and in depth content, that has been added with the selection of mods along with the tweaks you made to them. More importantly, this is the first pack I have come across that actually puts URANIUM TO USE!!! :wub:

You should add silicon age mods like opencomputers and add-ons, or maybe even advanced rocketry(if you can find a way to "compatibilize" the mod, as I have seen so far you were are able to overcome some incompatibilities) to further expand the tech tree and add some advanced automation possibilities.

Of course, OpenComputers and Modular Turrets are next to include, I already made some preparations, your thoughts about these silicon wafers are accurate :)

On 30.10.2017 at 11:29 AM, ciekma said:

Of course, OpenComputers and Modular Turrets are next to include, I already made some preparations, your thoughts about these silicon wafers are accurate :)

Great, but note that if you look for addons and find OC-Minecarts(adds computer locomotives) it has some minor issues. First, if you spawn or even take a built cart from creative tab and NEI it crashes the game and keeps doing that until you externally remove that item, however building one legitimately from assembler works just fine(so 0 problems for survival mode), also using self-destruct cards on them creates a funky continuous explosion and doesn't work, nothing too bad. That card is from Computronics(a must-have addon IMO, adds radar, ability to play custom sound, enhances railcraft, and much more). I had no other issues while I was experiencing with those mods.

This modpack is so cool, TerraFirmaPunk has mods that don't particularly match with TerraFirmaCraft's style but your modpack is just on point! Keep up the good work :lol:! Do you need any help, like, with recipe making?

3 hours ago, LightningShock said:

Do you need any help, like, with recipe making?

Thanks, no problems with recipe makings, rather with some items graphics (sometimes I need to add new item) and with coding - there is special mod for this modpack, to fill some gaps. For example, I want to make something like TFC sluice, but using sulphuric acid instead of water, to leach uranium ore or spodumene. Keeping these ores in wooden barrels filled with sulphuric acid looks weird.

Hey, Me and a couple of friends were thinking about it, Maybe adding MC heli? and/or flans WW2 mod to add a bit more modern combat? like how you did with muskets and there parts, I really like this modpack and reminds me of how things are actually created in real life

On 31.10.2017 at 0:53 AM, ciekma said:

Thanks, no problems with recipe makings, rather with some items graphics (sometimes I need to add new item) and with coding - there is special mod for this modpack, to fill some gaps. For example, I want to make something like TFC sluice, but using sulphuric acid instead of water, to leach uranium ore or spodumene. Keeping these ores in wooden barrels filled with sulphuric acid looks weird.

I don't think I can help with coding yet, I barely scratched Java, let alone Forge. But I think I can help with graphics. Not an artist, but I think I can handle a 32x32 canvas with ease. Just tell me the concept, and I will fork your project.

Edited by LightningShock

The game crashed whilst ticking block entity
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity

for some reason every other time i click the alloy furance i tend to get a crash saying this, i dont know what causing the crash however

9 hours ago, masterchiefish said:

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking block entity

for some reason every other time i click the alloy furance i tend to get a crash saying this, i dont know what causing the crash however

I can't reproduce this bug, alloy furnace works fine, however I got crash during removing foundry hopper.

Still loving the pack! Giving it another round with the new updates. Noticed that the leaves of trees have now gravity. This causes trees like willow to lose almost all leaves from breaking 1 block. It makes planting them almost impossible.

EDIT: I have also noticed that most recipes that require planks instead of asking for any plank they need specifically willow. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Edited by lJuanGB

5 hours ago, lJuanGB said:

Noticed that the leaves of trees have now gravity. This causes trees like willow to lose almost all leaves from breaking 1 block. It makes planting them almost impossible.

Not leaves, logs have gravity, and when you harvest leaves, logs are falling. Unfortunately, these dropped logs are in cubic form, not TFC "rounded" items, so I decided to change drop to leaves blocks. It is the only method to get leaves blocks, which are useful for improving air quality in mines.

I have also willow plantation and there is no problem with getting saplings, one must just harvest carefully, outer leaves blocks rather than those near tree trunk.

EDIT: I have also noticed that most recipes that require planks instead of asking for any plank they need specifically willow. Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Could you specify example of such recipes? Usually I'm using oredict, so any plank should be correct. Only long bow need specific planks. Maybe you are looking at recipes with impregnated planks? Insert any plank into barrel with creozote or olive to get impregnated plank.

56 minutes ago, ciekma said:

Not leaves, logs have gravity, and when you harvest leaves, logs are falling. Unfortunately, these dropped logs are in cubic form, not TFC "rounded" items, so I decided to change drop to leaves blocks. It is the only method to get leaves blocks, which are useful for improving air quality in mines.

I have also willow plantation and there is no problem with getting saplings, one must just harvest carefully, outer leaves blocks rather than those near tree trunk.

I noticed some leaves dropping in cubic form. But I insist leaves have physics. I changed the config of leaves and leaves2 from average to none (in stability) and the problem solved. Now the leaves have usual tfc gravity, where you also have to collect from the outer layer, but it will not destroy all leaves. 

56 minutes ago, ciekma said:

Could you specify example of such recipes? Usually I'm using oredict, so any plank should be correct. Only long bow need specific planks. Maybe you are looking at recipes with impregnated planks? Insert any plank into barrel with creozote or olive to get impregnated plank.

pANMNUP.png

As you can see willow allows the 17 pages of recipes that require just any plank while pine only give 7 pages, correspoding to recipes that specify pine. Idk how to replicate. Just pressed the recipe button of both willow and pine.

Thanks IjuanGB, you spotted seriously bug, I'm now trying what is responsible for, IC2 is suspected because problem is solved without this mod (however I removed two other IC2 dependants).

8 hours ago, ciekma said:

Thanks IjuanGB, you spotted seriously bug, I'm now trying what is responsible for, IC2 is suspected because problem is solved without this mod (however I removed two other IC2 dependants).

Personally I don't believe IC2 can be the actual cause, I just never saw this mod breaking other mods' recipes. You could maybe try manually adding that recipe on MineTweaker, but this is like fixing with duct tape.