Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

279 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ciekma said:

TFPP arrived at Traincraft station!

Finally version 1.52 with implemented Traincraft mod is available!

There was a hell of the job, every recipe was done from scratch, because Traincraft Workbench recipes were not customisable and not compatible with TFC. Fortunately Traincraft creators was so kind to add option to disable NEI for native recipes, thus there is no mess in recipes, only valid recipes are visible. Unused items are hidden. I added also some new items, mainly wheels and wheel parts.

Currently only basic rolling stock is supported, mainly four-wheelled German wagons, some log transport stuff, some small steam locomotives and diesel shunters. Larger locomotives and cars would be added later. Adler and Cherepanov locomotives can be constructed in bronze age, better locomotive need iron or steel, diesel locomotives require advanced chemistry for fuel and welding.

Traincraft 3D tracks can be conveniently created using iron workbench, they are cheaper than standard rail stuff (except wooden rails). I added 3D track tooltips for better NEI filtering.

Other changes: improved Enviromine fruit tree leafs physic,  added alternative for tar (creozote oil evaporation), some tooltips indicating items gained by loots, altered recipe for IE generator (more advanced but cheaper).

If talking about Graphite - it is special form of carbon, not possible to find in ordinary charcoal, you need high pressure/temperature to convert ordinary carbon into graphite (hence there is a such recipe for Acheson furnace, obviously accessible in later stages of the game, just in case when you run out from easy accessible natural graphite source).

In TFPP modpack, there is additional source of natural graphite: pegmatite rock vein, which can be located in granite rock layer, using prospector pick. If you are unlucky finding marble, gneiss, quartzite or schist layer, but see granite nearby, try your luck with searching and digging pegmatite veins, there is a small chance to get graphite powder and some other minerals and gems.

Very nice, I was hoping for this change. Is a fresh save required for this update?

Also I noticed there are elevator parts in NEI but no crafting recipes or uses, is this just a disabled mechanic from one of the mods?

Edited by Xamllew

Wow, with Traincraft I might be able to convince hubby to play with me :D

Question - does your modpack rely much on default ore values (15/25/35 for poor/normal/rich)? I would like to change to TFnC defaults (25/50/75).

9 hours ago, Xamllew said:

Very nice, I was hoping for this change. Is a fresh save required for this update?

Also I noticed there are elevator parts in NEI but no crafting recipes or uses, is this just a disabled mechanic from one of the mods?

Backup is always recommended, but no need to reset your world, worldgen was untouched since v.1.33.

Elevator parts belong to Environmine portal to other dimension and I forgot to remove it from NEI (other dimensions are not working well with TFC, AFAIK). BTW,  Blazes and Ghasts are spawned in overworld.

3 hours ago, MiaMia said:

Question - does your modpack rely much on default ore values (15/25/35 for poor/normal/rich)? I would like to change to TFnC defaults (25/50/75).

Unfortunately yes, especially native metal nuggets, which can be directly melted in induction furnace. Other issue is that poor nuggets are output of IE crusher and treated as ore grit for composing blast furnace batch. Nuggets are also used for handling overheating of small metal pieces in forge pit. I'm afraid that changing it would produce loops of infinite metal production.

5 hours ago, ciekma said:

Unfortunately yes, especially native metal nuggets, which can be directly melted in induction furnace. Other issue is that poor nuggets are output of IE crusher and treated as ore grit for composing blast furnace batch. Nuggets are also used for handling overheating of small metal pieces in forge pit. I'm afraid that changing it would produce loops of infinite metal production.

Well, I tried, in single creative. I set up an induction furnace and a crusher. I get the same amount of nuggets in furnace no matter the values of ores, so when I switch to 25/50/75, I actually get LESS product for ore value. Same with crusher. So my gain is only when I use metal natively in TFC and I can't really see how I could loop production... Remember, I don't change the default value of native nuggets (10), just of the ores dug out of rock.

Also, another question: why is the advanced miner removed? Just for balance or for any technical reasons?

Well, in case of this way, it is not so bad. however melting native metals in foundry furnace would be less effective without recipe tweaks.

Advanced miner is removed because is OP, same problem with Buildcraft quarry - once created it can run using power only.

There are some people who work on a 1.12 port of TFC. IF(a big if) one of them manages to do it, will you consider porting your modpack to 1.12? Of course there are a lot of mods that haven't been updated to 1.12, those are:

• TFC addons(but I bet those will be updated as well with ease, once actual TFC is figured out),
  • Carpenter's blocks(it's experimental for now)
  • custom items
  • enviromine,
  • FSP
  • IHL
  • just another spawner
  • mob properties(it is 1.10 tho, so close)
  • traincraft
  • ships mod(there is a much cooler mod for 1.12 called Valkyrien Warfare, although it is not yet finished and it is steampunk themed, but I'm working on a realistic addon for it).

Yeah, this list is big but I think with a little bit of effort and replacing outdated mods with new ones might do it. I know, it's not easy, but I might help. Maybe I will try to port IHL. Till then, we will see that time will get for us if TFC 1.12 will be out. I just wanted to tell you now because I was thinking it is good to bring this idea early.

Hello. I wanted to ask how to get acid? Acid is required for a battery of mod Udary. I think it's worth adding to the modpack the possibility of melting the broken armor with a smaller output of metal (depending on the breakdown)

On 11.04.2018 at 11:07 PM, LightningShock said:

will you consider porting your modpack to 1.12?

Small chance, 1.7.10 is a common thread for many mods, besides this, I'm not sure if minetweaker and NEI are available for 1.12, probably they were superseded by another tools hence all recipes must to be reworked.

But my project is under GPL licence, thus anybody can reuse it  for 1.12 project.

3 minutes ago, alex0575 said:

Hello. I wanted to ask how to get acid? Acid is required for a battery of mod Udary. I think it's worth adding to the modpack the possibility of melting the broken armor with a smaller output of metal (depending on the breakdown)

For Udary baterry, you can just put vinegar. Sulphuric acid need ceramic stuff.

Some low-tier armours and weapons can be recycled using IE crusher.

Maybe I was wrong trying to make a ceramic battery? Vinegar in the bottle to create is not suitable.

Would anyone know why I'd be getting a totally pitch black sky after installing Optifine? Would assume it's to do with 'Too Much Time Mod'?

1 minute ago, Xamllew said:

Would anyone know why I'd be getting a totally pitch black sky after installing Optifine? Would assume it's to do with 'Too Much Time Mod'?

I think it does. I once had a TFC modpack w/ optifine, dynamic lights(sound useless but I can explain) and hardcore darkness, but not too much time and it worked fine. Try creating a new map and disable that mod on it.

I think the mod dynamic light is not needed, since dynamic lighting is built into minecraft, if OptiFine is installed

29 minutes ago, LightningShock said:

I think it does. I once had a TFC modpack w/ optifine, dynamic lights(sound useless but I can explain) and hardcore darkness, but not too much time and it worked fine. Try creating a new map and disable that mod on it.

Yes, I confirmed it's Too Much Time, I probably can't do anything about that though since I kinda need TMT for my save, owell.

Edited by Xamllew

23 hours ago, alex0575 said:

Maybe I was wrong trying to make a ceramic battery? Vinegar in the bottle to create is not suitable.

Sorry, I misunderstood you, vinegar is for anodising bath, but battery needs brine, zinc and copper plate, always check other recipes (use arrows in NEI)

On my server in a radius of 2 km there are no zinc deposits (one basalt) and I thought that vinegar in a bottle can be used instead of acid. And, yes, I saw an alternative recipe from plates and brine. Well, I'll be looking for zinc ....

My question is: how to get a glowistone?

You need to find zinc, because brass is widely used later.

Glowstone (something like uranite glass) can be only be cast from liquid glowstone, you need to process pitchblende.

Any known conflicts with TFC Bibliocraft? I Could really use the clipboard in that mod for keeping track of things.

Edited by Xamllew

Hello. I think it's worth adding a recipe for getting slimeball. I have never found any slime in the whole game. For example: a zombie's head + a bucket of water or a zombie's head + a bucket of milk. We get slimeball and empty bucket. I myself can add this recipe, but I would like it to be in your official assembly.

Edited by alex0575

Slimes ard hard but not impossible to found, the best spot are deep caves under ocean bed (because lack of other monsters give higher chance of slime spawn).

On the other hand, I like your idea with processing zombie head loot.

Tell me why this does not work:

recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:slime_ball>, [<terrafirmacraft:item.Wooden Bucket Water>.transformReplace(<terrafirmacraft:item.Wooden Bucket Empty>),<minecraft:skull:2>.noReturn()]);

No idea, please be more elaborative :)

but this recipe seems to be more accurate:

mods.foundry.AlloyFurnace.addRecipe(<minecraft:slime_ball>, <minecraft:skull:2>, <tfcm:item.CaseinGlue>);

Totally agree with you. Thank you so much! I added this recipe to my server's recipes. Created a file add.zs (specially for augmented recipes). If you include this recipe in your assembly, tell me to remove it from my file (in order to avoid repetition).

There is still a very good mod with additions. Here is the list of mods, in my opinion, corresponding to the development in this modification (the rest are not in the subject):  ( In my opinion, this may be the next round of development in your build.)

Spoiler

RotaryCraft

ReactorCraft

ElectriCraft

Useful TNT

I hope, in the future, you can include these modifications in your assembly

Edited by alex0575

On 20.04.2018 at 5:55 PM, alex0575 said:

Totally agree with you. Thank you so much! I added this recipe to my server's recipes. Created a file add.zs (specially for augmented recipes). If you include this recipe in your assembly, tell me to remove it from my file (in order to avoid repetition).

There is still a very good mod with additions. Here is the list of mods, in my opinion, corresponding to the development in this modification (the rest are not in the subject):  ( In my opinion, this may be the next round of development in your build.)

Hide contents

RotaryCraft

ReactorCraft

ElectriCraft

Useful TNT

I hope, in the future, you can include these modifications in your assembly

While I do admit that the mods look cool, I am afraid that there are some issues with them, like many of their features are mimicked in a way or another by already present mods, and modpack permission is very, very strict, to the point that the mod maker hates the recipes being changed, these mods disable themselves if MineTweaker is detected, on which this modpack is relying.