Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

Server Move   09/13/18

I (Dries007) have recently taken over as main developer and server admin. This involved moving servers to reduce cost. It's likely there will be some more downtime in the future but most  things should be sorted by now. This forum is in dire need of replacement as the software is quite old and can't be easily updated. If you wish to discuss or stay updated, join our discord: https://invite.gg/terrafirmacraft. The forum will remain available to read, but will be locked in the future, when a new system is setup. The forum and wiki are now ad free. If you'd like to contribute to keeping it that way, you can do so via paypal or patreon.
ciekma

modpack WIP [TFC-0.79.29] TerraFirmaProgressivePack

269 posts in this topic

On 29.04.2018 at 9:12 PM, ciekma said:

There was issue with this parameter, you reported time rollback:

I fixed some mods causing this error, however I recommend to set this parameter to 0, because default year length for this modpack is 360 days.

Without freezing time, it gives exact 5 real days for each ingame year. I noticed, that some TFC servers use similar settings, because it give better predictability: if you see late winter, you are sure that tomorrow will be spring, no matter is somebody will be logged or not.

I will leave a parameter equal to 100, since it happens that I do not have time to harvest. It was summer, the day did not come and it was winter.

Posted (edited)

On 4/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, LightningShock said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I played your modpack while having Cooking with TFC mod installed as well, and I can say it is nice and bug free, you should check it out. The only issue is that is adding some new trees and melons but the lack of them isn't blocking progress and you easily find them once you explore further.

One slightly annoying thing about this mod is how far north coconut palms will grow. They should be fairly centered on the equator but I spot the odd lone palm in snowy pine forests around 14000 North occasionally.

Edited by Xamllew

Posted (edited)

On 4/23/2018 at 9:26 PM, alex0575 said:

There really are logs of all the changes, but I think not everyone can understand what has changed. I do not insist, but the record of the form: replace the file in the mod's folder by ... looks more understandable for most users. In any case, the right of the last word remains for the author of this assembly)

I created changelog.txt file, because indeed it is convenient to track changes even for myself, however it is descriptive log only, if you want to check which file was changed, you may refer to Github, everything is clearly described, for example: https://github.com/Wahazar/TerraFirmaProgressivePack/commit/1d18fdba946b0c2b4165c4416a987490da4422c9 - click on "22 changed files" would briefly reveal names of these files and what happened (edited, deleted, new one).

By the way, new version is finished, I added OpenComputers mod - this powerful mod bring modular computers and programable robots, but more importantly, it is compatible with Open Modular Turrets and Starcraft - which are planned to be added in future. Of course recipes were changed accordingly to overall modpack mood, you need patterned silicon wafers to make computer devices etc.

Other changes: some new items, and new locomotives (powerful and fast diesels - British and American).

Dynamic Lights mod updated.

EDIT: the best method to keep in touch with latest changes is to install github, clone project, and then "gt pull' will detect, download and automatically update only these files, which were affected by latest changes.

Edited by ciekma

Many thanks!

Posted (edited)

The following mods can be updated:

Spoiler

Traincraft-4.3.5_014
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.7.47-universal
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.120-universal

Edited by alex0575

(English is not my own language.)

Hello, everybody.
Firstly;
Thank you very much to TFC creators, and TNFC and this package (TFProgressiveP.) and other producers.
You're doing my dream minecraft modes. But I found TFC just a few days ago. Too late. :(

Actually; There are a few simple changes in my mind for my own game (and for the server I want to install).
I will tell them later.

I have a question;

Is it possible to use TechNodeFirmaCraft and TerraFirmaProgressivePack together?

What can I do for it?

26 minutes ago, MeliksahMELO said:

I have a question;

Is it possible to use TechNodeFirmaCraft and TerraFirmaProgressivePack together?

What can I do for it?

you need to make a third pack with all of the mods and minetweaker scripts from both added together and tweak them to work properly

I have the same dream, TNFC and TFPP together, but it will need lot of work to make those modpacks work together.

You would need to make the custom ores from TFPP generate whit TNFC ores (like Oil). Besides you would need to make the recipes compatible too, because if you put them together they would certainly have duplicated and even repited recipes.

BTW, TFPP and TNFC changes mob spawns and behaviors, soo it will be a problem too.

The best thing people should do is play one separated from another. (You can wait too, because we have a port to 1.12+ in progress, and it will certainly have many modpacks to it)

Thank you for the answers.
I have no experience in this, but this summer I will try to work with my cousin.

Actually; my favorite feature is block (building) physics. When I was looking for physics mode for TNFC, I found TFPP.

By the way; I watched TFC2's physics video. This is exactly what I want.

- More discussion gives more insight. Please continue writing. :) 

20 minutes ago, MeliksahMELO said:

Thank you for the answers.
I have no experience in this, but this summer I will try to work with my cousin.

Actually; my favorite feature is block (building) physics. When I was looking for physics mode for TNFC, I found TFPP.

By the way; I watched TFC2's physics video. This is exactly what I want.

- More discussion gives more insight. Please continue writing. :) 

Block physics are a feature of EnviroMine, you can put that mod pretty easily.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, LightningShock said:

Block physics are a feature of EnviroMine, you can put that mod pretty easily.

Yes, but it also has other features; like temperature. And it does not match the TFC temperature.

I add the "enviromine.zs" scripts file. This time also; missing block error and physics is not working. Working :)
I will try to edit the "enviromine.zs" scripts file.

Edited by MeliksahMELO

Hi @MeliksahMELO, you can download TFPP and just copy the eviromine.zs file and mod file to your instance game, so you don't need to edit it by yourself!

Thank you @eagleyes005:)

I forgot to copy the Eviromine config file. Problem solved.

I'll look at other TFPP modes, can work without problems.

Using TFPP zs files in other modpacks is tricky, because I have many cross-recipies (some mod items used for crafting other mod items).

On 22.05.2018 at 7:04 PM, MeliksahMELO said:

Yes, but it also has other features; like temperature. And it does not match the TFC temperature.

Disable it in config, this is what TFPP does too.

TNFC uses a forked and heavily modified version of TFC. Making our stuff work with other packs or even extra mods is challenging to say the least. 

I dunno if I'm just bad but this is not installing on forge for me. I"m most likey just doing it wrong

How can I help you as much as possible?

10 hours ago, tigergaj said:

I dunno if I'm just bad but this is not installing on forge for me. I"m most likey just doing it wrong

Could you be more specific on problems which appeared to you? Errors, logs?