Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ciekma

Nether monsters in overworld TFC?

9 posts in this topic

There are already some nether monsters TFC compliant (1000...4000 HP and high attack strength, one can check in creative mode - they have separate spawn eggs), but these monsters are not available due to nether issues.

Is it possible to fix it and allow natural spawning of TFC zombie pigman, blaze and ghast in normal TFC world, in very deep caves?

Now take this with a grain of salt, but I don't think the Developers would add the Nether monsters into TFC Beta, much less implementing them into TFC2 in the first place. 

That being said, the Nether mobs were designed with the Nether dimension in mind, so putting them into the TFC world in very deep caves might require more work than you think. (Besides, I believe the caves are usually populated with the current hostile mobs already―would like someone to confirm this, though, haven't played TFC in a while―which probably makes cave spelunking challenging enough as it is.)

You can use something like Just another spawner to cause them to spawn in the overworld. I can't imagine the devs implementing such a thing into mainline TFC, especially since it can be done with existing mods.

1 hour ago, Bunsan said:

You can use something like Just another spawner to cause them to spawn in the overworld. I can't imagine the devs implementing such a thing into mainline TFC, especially since it can be done with existing mods.

I tried Advanced Spawner mod, but it crashed when loaded together with TFC.

@Sda215: And these deep underground caves are usually empty.

Edited by ciekma
citation

OneWolfe has JustAnotherSpawner working. And the caves are usually filled with skelly, zombies and creepers, but I'm unclear what that has to do with my point. 

Currently there is absolutely nothing related to depth in terms of mob spawning. All of the current hostile mobs are just as likely to spawn in the caves deep down as they are to spawn in the higher caves and on the surface.

25 minutes ago, Kittychanley said:

Currently there is absolutely nothing related to depth in terms of mob spawning. All of the current hostile mobs are just as likely to spawn in the caves deep down as they are to spawn in the higher caves and on the surface.

Yes, I know that hostile mobs can spawn everywhere (however often I see empty caves - is it possible, that sufficient number of mobs was already spawned at surface?). And it is an issue - same mobs everywhere, which can be killed easily with bronze sword. And no blaze rods, which are used for many mods as rare and hard to achieve component.

Of course one can use JAS to spawn and tweak other mobs (where can I look at any json examples for this mod?), but it looks weird to use additional mod just to spawn mobs, which already exists for TFC. Question is, if overriding getCanSpawnHere function to add spawning deeply overworld is simple or need large amount of code (If I understand correctly, TFC nether mobs are just copy of respective vanilla nether mobs with changed properties but inherited methods of spawn)?

The more likely reason that you aren't seeing mobs in the caves is because of spawn protection. If you've spent enough time in that area, no hostile mobs will spawn at all. If you then leave the area for enough time and then come back it's much more likely that the spawn protection won't have built up yet, and you'll be overrun with mobs.

At this point, it's not a matter of adding a new function is simple or if it needs a large amount of code, because development on TFC1 has stopped. I'm happy to fix bad exploits or crashes, but I will not be adding any new features like spawning new mobs.

The other option is to use the mineral ores that are in code that are no longer generated. Rename, ore-dict etc. There is satinspar, microcline, olivine, serpentine, selenite and petrified wood. This was the solution we used.