Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JDCollie

Updated the Wiki

37 posts in this topic

Wiki Update Thread

I've decided to begin making a serious effort to update the (sorely outdated) wiki. As it currently stands, it is almost impossible for a new TFCraft player to figure out what is going on in the mod from the wiki alone. I aim to fix that.

I'll be making a list of the pages I have updated here in this post. If you have changes that need to be make, information you want added, or pages you yourself have updated/want verified, post them as a response.

Note: if you are going to contribute information, make sure you have verified it in-game first.

With a bit of community effort we can get the wiki current and shiny!

Pages In Progress (by me or others)Next on the List
  • Anvil Progression / Metallurgy Guide
  • Brass
  • Ore Composition

Completed

Very good news, because the wiki is in dire need of updates.

Anvil: Could use a screenshot of an ingame Anvil, with the actual rules and the like. There's a limestone block where the Flux should be, while Limestone (cobble) can be made into flux, it'd make more sense for there to be actual flux.

Axe: Eh...yeah, I really don't have anything to add to this one.

Logs: I have no idea what a bone flint tool is, no such item exists to my knowledge, and you might want to add the bit that, IIRC, holding shift while right-clicking on a log pile will place a block your holding as opposed to opening the log pile GUI. The flint tool and axe recipe both say "gives 1 Planks", and the plank in the crafting screenshot doesn't look like a plank, nor does the ×3. Are you using a texture pack? Lastly, you might want to add the crafting recipe for support beams, since they require logs and an axe.

Specific changes: Anvils doesn't list Black Bronze or Rose Gold anvils; Getting Started has a large number of broken screenshots, and I suspect the information posted needs checking and possibly a rewrite; Spotter's Guide doesn't list episode 9 and 10 of chapter 1, nor does it list anything of chapter 2 that has since been uploaded, although that's probably best left to Crysyn; Ores doesn't list Bituminous Coal as dropping something useful (coal, which can be used in a forge instead of charcoal), Cinnabar isn't clearly listed as being craftable into 8 redstone powder and can therefore easily be mistaken as a useless ore, Lapis Lazuli likewise isn't listed as being craftable into Lapis Lazuli dye, although I think the possible confusion factor is considerably less in this case, Tetrahedrite is not listed as being part copper and part silver ore, and finally Magnetite is not listed as being mostly iron and some platinum ore; Plans still uses the old plan texture; Metals has allot of working and melting temperatures not listed; and finally on the main page in the "blocks" table there are two red links: "Minerals" which should probably redirect to "Ores" instead, and "Tools", for which there exists no real page that I know of.

My sincerest apologies if that made me sound like Captain Mc Whines-A-Lot.

First off, great job. One thing I saw that you could add, or chose not to, is that any stone tool can be made with two bones instead of sticks. I'mp retty sure this recipe still works.

For example stone pick

X = stone

I = bone

X X X

I

I

what o.0 i didn t no that magnetite was worth anything >.< i ve been useing crysyns world seed fro mthe spotters guilde, damit now to walk back from town to that abandoned magnatite mine

Hey I am a Wiki contributor and I am going to edit some of the Rocks to have what ore spawns in them....Like on the granite page also if i have time i will do a page for the Logs but depending on what i do with the rocks(add a bunch of things like why it is in the game(based on Real Life), what uses are there for it) so that may take a while(I got six hours :D)... but I love what you did with the anvil page i was really confused when I started what to do with that...

First off, great job. One thing I saw that you could add, or chose not to, is that any stone tool can be made with two bones instead of sticks. I'mp retty sure this recipe still works.

For example stone pick

X = stone

I = bone

X X X

I

I

I was away from my desktop when I was making the Axe entry, and while I believed the bone recipe worked, I didn't want to add it without testing first :)

Anvil: Could use a screenshot of an ingame Anvil, with the actual rules and the like. There's a limestone block where the Flux should be, while Limestone (cobble) can be made into flux, it'd make more sense for there to be actual flux.

Logs: I have no idea what a bone flint tool is, no such item exists to my knowledge, and you might want to add the bit that, IIRC, holding shift while right-clicking on a log pile will place a block your holding as opposed to opening the log pile GUI. The flint tool and axe recipe both say "gives 1 Planks", and the plank in the crafting screenshot doesn't look like a plank, nor does the ×3. Are you using a texture pack? Lastly, you might want to add the crafting recipe for support beams, since they require logs and an axe.

Specific changes: Anvils doesn't list Black Bronze or Rose Gold anvils; Getting Started has a large number of broken screenshots, and I suspect the information posted needs checking and possibly a rewrite; Spotter's Guide doesn't list episode 9 and 10 of chapter 1, nor does it list anything of chapter 2 that has since been uploaded, although that's probably best left to Crysyn; Ores doesn't list Bituminous Coal as dropping something useful (coal, which can be used in a forge instead of charcoal), Cinnabar isn't clearly listed as being craftable into 8 redstone powder and can therefore easily be mistaken as a useless ore, Lapis Lazuli likewise isn't listed as being craftable into Lapis Lazuli dye, although I think the possible confusion factor is considerably less in this case, Tetrahedrite is not listed as being part copper and part silver ore, and finally Magnetite is not listed as being mostly iron and some platinum ore; Plans still uses the old plan texture; Metals has allot of working and melting temperatures not listed; and finally on the main page in the "blocks" table there are two red links: "Minerals" which should probably redirect to "Ores" instead, and "Tools", for which there exists no real page that I know of.

from what i read he is working on the tools ,but we need to clean up the main things, the spotters guide I'm not really worried about right now because if you go to his videos they are on the right, and I will be working on metals will I work on the rocks later tonight Minerals again are not my top priority because they have very little use for the game right now aside form Lapis and Bituminous coal ( I am using the ore page to write what ores go in the rock page...hopefully the ore page is right) and redirecting takes some time black bronze and rose gold are small things because they are in the same tier as something... not sure what but they are and I my work on getting started after I get done with the rock.. expect some big changes tomorrow :D

There seems to be a distinct lack of javelin in the page footer link box.

It"s there...

Just updated the bloomery page, and even learned a new way to construct bloomeries while i was tinkering around. (it also applies to forges :D )

Fixed :)

It"s there...

Now it is, same with the forge in the manufactured category.

Now it is, same with the forge in the manufactured category.

ya i was fixing it when he was... he got to it first :D I like how the wiki is getting fixed

Done with all the Rocks tell us what you think :D

going to get some sleep....

How do you make a stone scythe [as referred to inside the stones' info pages] D:

was away from my desktop when I was making the Axe entry, and while I believed the bone recipe worked, I didn't want to add it without testing first

I checked, and there's a bone axe, bone pickaxe, bone hoe and shovel. I never knew these things existed. There doesn't appear to be a bone flint tool, or any bone metal tools, though.

black bronze and rose gold are small things because they are in the same tier as something

While true, they're in the same tier as bronze, apparently quite a few people still think that there's only bronze anvils in the game, and in order to advance to the iron and steel age they need a bronze anvil. Bronze requires tin, which leads to people looking high and low for Cassiterite, and the fact that the wiki doesn't list where to actually find Cass doesn't help either; it claims Cass can be found in Granite, Gabbro, and Diorite, but to my knowledge it's found in Granite, Andesite, Basalt, Dacite and Rhyolite. I don't know if it spawn in Gabbro or Diorite, but it does in Andersite to Rhyolite.

Also, something I stupidly forgot: Bishmuth Bronze anvils. I completely forgot about it since it also requires tin.

Just updated the bloomery page, and even learned a new way to construct bloomeries while i was tinkering around. (it also applies to forges :D )

Looks good, although "you need to deposit your charcoal or coke"? "Coke", in the creative inventory, is the name of the item previously known as slag...IIRC. Either way I don't think you can get it in survival, or that it works as charcoal. Also, how the bellows work might need a more detailed explanation; add that it consumes charcoal quickly if you use it, that it raises the temperature inside the bloomery to a certain maximum, and that certain metals will require the temperature to be higher in order to actually smelt. Also, you might want to add that bloomeries build below a certain Y level (I think 128 or so) will get a lower temperature than ones build above it.

Done with all the Rocks tell us what you think :D

I like. Although it does need checking; many pages say "X in it's cobblestone form can be used to create a Forge", you need bricks to build a forge, not cobble; Granite claims you can use it to craft a stone scyth while no such item exists, etc. I'm not going to check every individual page though.

There is no stone scythe?

Nope

Looks good, although "you need to deposit your charcoal or coke"? "Coke", in the creative inventory, is the name of the item previously known as slag...IIRC. Either way I don't think you can get it in survival, or that it works as charcoal. Also, how the bellows work might need a more detailed explanation; add that it consumes charcoal quickly if you use it, that it raises the temperature inside the bloomery to a certain maximum, and that certain metals will require the temperature to be higher in order to actually smelt. Also, you might want to add that bloomeries build below a certain Y level (I think 128 or so) will get a lower temperature than ones build above it.

I didn't actually change that part of the existing entry, but I'll clean it up when I get a chance. :) And about the anvils, I'm going to be adding a progression guide so that people have a general idea what they need to be looking for to move forward.

Specific suggestions aren't whiny, they're useful!

EDIT: I've verified that cobblestone can, in fact, be used to build a forge.

A note about bloomeries, you can build them into a wall of natural stone. You only need brick for the recipe itself. Smooth stone works as well.

I like. Although it does need checking; many pages say "X in it's cobblestone form can be used to create a Forge", you need bricks to build a forge, not cobble; Granite claims you can use it to craft a stone scyth while no such item exists, etc. I'm not going to check every individual page though.

Nope

I'll fix it But a forge is made out of cobble a Bloomery is made out of bricks. :D thanks for the comments

Edit fixed the rock pages saying stone Scythe in their info and add a Forge link to all the rocks also the forge can be made out of bricks and cobble sorry for above saying it is only made of cobble :D

Now to do some In game studying to see why certain ores say they are in certain ores

I'll fix it But a forge is made out of cobble a Bloomery is made out of bricks. :D thanks for the comments

Edit fixed the rock pages saying stone Scythe in their info and add a Forge link to all the rocks also the forge can be made out of bricks and cobble sorry for above saying it is only made of cobble :D

Now to do some In game studying to see why certain ores say they are in certain ores

You can make a forge or bloomery out of any kind of stone. There are only 2 restrictions on what shape of rock for these.

1) The bloomery requires brick stone in its recipe.

2) You can make a bloomery out of cobble, but the spot directly above where the bloomery item goes has to be some other kind of stone. Otherwise the cobble just falls down into the spot you want to put the bloomery in.

I will edit this post with pictures to prove it as soon as I figure out how.

Edit (I hope I'm doing this right, because I've never done this before):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can make a forge or bloomery out of any kind of stone. There are only 2 restrictions on what shape of rock for these.

1) The bloomery requires brick stone in its recipe.

2) You can make a bloomery out of cobble, but the spot directly above where the bloomery item goes has to be some other kind of stone. Otherwise the cobble just falls down into the spot you want to put the bloomery in.

I will edit this post with pictures to prove it as soon as I figure out how.

Edit (I hope I'm doing this right, because I've never done this before):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perfect! I'll update the respective pages as soon as I can

Perfect! I'll update the respective pages as soon as I can

I all ready did same with forge.. i was testing the Bloomery Design :D but my pictures don't have the smooth stone Design hmm

Valkupo I'm going to use your design last Picture

(Now your picture is on the Forge Page and the Bloomery Page)

I all ready did same with forge.. i was testing the Bloomery Design :D but my pictures don't have the smooth stone Design hmm

Valkupo I'm going to use your design last Picture

(Now your picture is on the Forge Page and the Bloomery Page)

Added a little update to the forge as well, and corrected the "Making a Forge" section. Will get to the "Forge Ventilation" tomorrow maybe.