Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ZZLONG

About farming husbandry

3 posts in this topic

These suggestions are all collcted by me from my friends,we had a discussion,and now I'm posting  them to the forum;)

We are just a group of Chinese high school students,we all like the TFC,but we may not the expert translater,so there's must some grammer problems inside

Please pardon us :P

--About wildlife.Wild animals are afraid of fire, when you're standing next to a campfire or just hold a torch,wildlife will not go close to you easily.And the boar,wild roosters, bulls are aggressive

--When you cut the tall grass on the ground,50% of the chance you will get fresh grass,and 50% of the chance you will get dry grass.You can use the fresh grass to feed your animal,or you can lay out one layer of it on the ground to dry them.

--When you just planted a A-type fruit tree,and the tree is just a stump,you can use a knife to cut a rip on it,and then you can plant a B-type fruit tree in the rip.That can make the whole tree grows faster,higher,and high yield, the tree bears the B-type fruit.(Only when you farming skill reach the Expert level,you are able to try it)

--Sheep can now produce milk

--Only in the spring the animals can be rutting

--Add feedbox, right-click to show the GUI,put the grass or other feed to feed the animals.

--Right-click the arable land while you are holding the dry grass,you can lay out a layer of the heat prevervation layer.It helps the plants to come over the winter.(Just hleps a little..)

--In winter, the grass block will be covered by the thick snow,the animals except cows can’t get it as the food.

--In the summer, if the temperature is too high, there will be less fresh grass for player to collect

7 hours ago, ZZLONG said:

--When you just planted a A-type fruit tree,and the tree is just a stump,you can use a knife to cut a rip on it,and then you can plant a B-type fruit tree in the rip.That can make the whole tree grows faster,higher,and high yield, the tree bears the B-type fruit.(Only when you farming skill reach the Expert level,you are able to try it)

This acually sounds a lot like grafting, which is when you take the branches of one tree and attach them to another.

I acually do have a very good example of this, my family has a crab apple tree, and crab apples aren't very edible, but they are related to apples. So my dad got some apple branches being sure to keep them alive. After scraping away the bark he cut a wedge out and put the branch in there, tied it down and sealed the hole till the tree took hold of the branch. He grafted many branches to the crab apple tree. Now most trees produce both kinds of fruit on the branches that the fruit is supposed to come from. The crab apple ceased producing crab apples for some reason though.

Though we do have a plum tree with 4 types of plums on it.

There are acually many ways to graft my dad used just one.

Edited by TheUnknownSpecimen
Grammar errors and additional info

48 minutes ago, TheUnknownSpecimen said:

This acually sounds a lot like grafting, which is when you take the branches of one tree and attach them to another.

I acually do have a very good example of this, my family has a crab apple tree, and crab apples aren't very edible, but they are related to apples. So my dad got some apple branches being sure to keep them alive. After scraping away the bark he cut a wedge out and put the branch in there, tied it down and sealed the hole till the tree took hold of the branch. He grafted many branches to the crab apple tree. Now most trees produce both kinds of fruit on the branches that the fruit is supposed to come from. The crab apple ceased producing crab apples for some reason though.

Though we do have a plum tree with 4 types of plums on it.

There are acually many ways to graft my dad used just one.

Oh..I didn't try to graft a tree so I don't know it very well,this suggestion was thought up by my classmate,I'm not sure whether he tried it before or not.But you do have some experience,may you tell us more about it?I think this is a good advice.