Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rangendio

Quality / Skill system

4 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I've been thinking of this for a while. What the game lacks is quality of items.  Best way for me to explain it is with a well wrote out example.

Here Is an Farming/ Eating Example using lets say a carrot.  Keep in mind this is just and example making numbers easy to understand.

Let's say you have a carrot seed at 100 quality. Eating a 100 quality carrot will fill your veggie bar by 10 points.  Depending on your Farming Skill and the Soil quality your carrot is planted in, will tell you how much quality the carrot will be.  Soil quality is 100 and players farming skill is at 25. 

(Carrot seed + Farming Skill + Soil) / 3 = New Crop&seeds Quality          *we divide by 3 got get the average*

So In this example the planted crop will have a quality of 75. When you eat the quality 75 carrot you will gain 7.5 points on veggie bar.

Make default found quality anywhere from 25-150.

Edited by Rangendio

sounds like a nice idea but would be an inventory nightmare - I have just picked 20 wild carrots and got 20 seeds and because they are all of different (RNG) quality, they take up 20 inventory slots... ;-/

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:29 AM, ChunkHunter said:

sounds like a nice idea but would be an inventory nightmare - I have just picked 20 wild carrots and got 20 seeds and because they are all of different (RNG) quality, they take up 20 inventory slots... ;-/

Well what if the rng seeds had an actual seed texture, and you would put them in a sac (the current texture for seeds) to help with inventory with a max slot limit of 10 seeds, and would act as a back pack for seeds only. So say I get carrots and I put 1 seed in the sac, the sac would turn orange (or some other way to visually tell that it has carrot seeds) so now only carrot seeds can be placed in it. further more by simply right clicking farm land with this sac, a random seed inside will be put down.

4 hours ago, ryx123xs said:

Well what if the rng seeds had an actual seed texture, and you would put them in a sac (the current texture for seeds) to help with inventory with a max slot limit of 10 seeds, and would act as a back pack for seeds only. So say I get carrots and I put 1 seed in the sac, the sac would turn orange (or some other way to visually tell that it has carrot seeds) so now only carrot seeds can be placed in it. further more by simply right clicking farm land with this sac, a random seed inside will be put down.

Nice idea - but I'd make the limit of seeds in a sack not 10 but the current limit for seeds in one inventory slot - i.e. 32...