Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EndR20

[Solved] Fruit trees and /time set day

18 posts in this topic

So ive been hearing that using time set day buggs out the growth of trees, and i think it did for me, so if i replace them will the new ones grow?

Yes newly planted trees will be fine... However.

If you have done time set day a lot more than your fruit trees will be broken. All animals will have gone back in time so they may look like adults, but will be babies. Anything dependent on games total ticks will be messed up. Seasons might even be messed up.

How old is your world? If new you might want to conciser restarting. Otherwise you need to run /time add # to push your world to the date it should be or later.

The # is number of ticks to add.  24000 is a day. The number of ticks in a month and year depends on how many days per year in config. 96 days per year is default so a month is 8 days. 

I wouldn't push the time forward more than half a month at a time. Then give world time to catch up. 15-30 sec should do. This is because many calculations won't do all ticks in one go to keep from lagging client.

If if you are SSP before you do this I would harvest all crops, empty inventory and try to move far enough away from all your stuff so that the chunks unload (if you are in spawn chunks then your stuff likely will rot to nothing). This is done so any food you have has a chance to not rot to nothing. Your player nutrition will be ruined. 

If SMP then harvest crops, log out and advance time via console. 

o god dangit...

well i used time set day like what...20 times or so? my calendar seems to actually be working, the seasons are advancing, crops are growing, only fruit trees are messed up and wont grow thats all..

btw...it actually didnt snow this year, but i think thats cuz im only at Z -5000, and my place might be in a tropical area??? the temperature is usually higher than 30* even in the night time

thing is early TFC nights are SOOOOO boring, i knap like 15 tool heads per night just to have em...cook food...craft w/e but half the night still hasnt passed, so i decided to do time set since it drains your hunger and water right after regardless...

god dont et me cheat more ;_;

I've found that about 7k blocks from the equator is the boundary between snow and no snow (at sea level) so yes, at -5k you'll never see snow.  Also your crops will never die. 

I knew it! 

I can just grow crops all year long of I rotate the nutrients, awesome!

I kinda liked snow tho ;_;

Thing is then my whole map is just white so I can't distinguish **** of it hihi (if it snows)

Edited by EndR20

5 hours ago, Bunsan said:

Yes newly planted trees will be fine... However.

If you have done time set day a lot more than your fruit trees will be broken. All animals will have gone back in time so they may look like adults, but will be babies. Anything dependent on games total ticks will be messed up. Seasons might even be messed up.

How old is your world? If new you might want to conciser restarting. Otherwise you need to run /time add # to push your world to the date it should be or later.

The # is number of ticks to add.  24000 is a day. The number of ticks in a month and year depends on how many days per year in config. 96 days per year is default so a month is 8 days. 

I wouldn't push the time forward more than half a month at a time. Then give world time to catch up. 15-30 sec should do. This is because many calculations won't do all ticks in one go to keep from lagging client.

If if you are SSP before you do this I would harvest all crops, empty inventory and try to move far enough away from all your stuff so that the chunks unload (if you are in spawn chunks then your stuff likely will rot to nothing). This is done so any food you have has a chance to not rot to nothing. Your player nutrition will be ruined. 

If SMP then harvest crops, log out and advance time via console. 

I remembered to ask you this, so if I do /time add (whatever), how do I know where to stop? Or will the date in the calendar NOT change before I reach where I should be? I kind of don't know what I'm doing so sorry, might need a bit more aid :/

If you've done it 20 times or more your world may have some very weird things happening. Some might not be visually apparent. Animals are the worst for it. You may have "adults" that have some NBT data of an animal that won't be born for years. So they won't breed or give milk/wool or drop any meat when killed. 

TFC depends on tracking the total ticks that have happened in the world. Time set day resets total world ticks to something like 6000. If you don't like nights then either run /time add 12000 to go 12 in game hours ahead or cheat in a bed. 

To fix your world it depends on how long you've been playing it. Maybe 5 years will fix it. 

Also I'd suggest TooMuchTime-TFC. It is a modified version we did for TFC. It gives long summer days and long winter nights. It means longer days at start of a world and by the time you are in winter you'll have light to be able to do more. 

3 hours ago, Bunsan said:

If you've done it 20 times or more your world may have some very weird things happening. Some might not be visually apparent. Animals are the worst for it. You may have "adults" that have some NBT data of an animal that won't be born for years. So they won't breed or give milk/wool or drop any meat when killed. 

TFC depends on tracking the total ticks that have happened in the world. Time set day resets total world ticks to something like 6000. If you don't like nights then either run /time add 12000 to go 12 in game hours ahead or cheat in a bed. 

To fix your world it depends on how long you've been playing it. Maybe 5 years will fix it. 

Also I'd suggest TooMuchTime-TFC. It is a modified version we did for TFC. It gives long summer days and long winter nights. It means longer days at start of a world and by the time you are in winter you'll have light to be able to do more. 

So on the animals topic...if I just kill em and cheat in replacements, will these work properly?? I did notice that my chickens' eggs were not fertilized ones lately, so I think the chickens ARE messed up...

And I've been playing for 1 year and a couple months, so will the 5 year advancement be necessary or should I do less?

Tx for that suggestion!

Also, I have full access to creative and commands, so if completely necessary I can replace almost everything, from my food in my pots, to animals and all, so ANYTHING works

I'll try advancing time tho, I don't think over-doing it would break anything anyway, gotta just keep in mind that after I do it I'll prolly die of starvation so I should stand somewhere safe...man I can never play nodded without having something go wrong :(

Also I'm away ATM so itl take a bit to do...thing is I first gotta survive the mob ambush I got myself into lol

I have like 10 mobs waiting to maul me behind some makeshift support barricade I made xD

Man, nevermind the world works, but are chickens supposed to drop like 4-5-6 oz of meat??? the trees ARE growing, it was just winter :P crops are good...all is good except chickens drop a very small amount of stuff, both the cheated in chickens that are new and my old chickens drop that amount

i want to point out that i spawned a TFC pig and it dropped like 300 oz, is THAT right??? isnt it ALOT?

The amount of meat depends on the size of the animal and (mor importantly) on your butchering skill.

IRL 300 oz (18lbs) from a full-grown pig (150lbs plus) would be a TINY amount.

okay so i cranked up my butchering skill to expert and im now getting like 25 oz per chicken, but DAAMN am i gettin alot from pigs xD im getting like 9 stacks per pig its RIDICULOUS!

nyway, we should stop this thread now, its done its job

Let me hang up to this thread, is S:saplingTimerMultiplier=1.0 related both to normal and fruit trees?

Hmm, probably, do some testing man, find out yourself, its fun! :-)

Just have the /time add 48000 (to add 2 days to the time)and plant a fruit tree and a normal one, do the command and see how many times it takes for each one to grow, then do the same with the multiplier =10 or something :-)

Gl HF man

On 8/6/2016 at 6:56 AM, ciekma said:

Let me hang up to this thread, is S:saplingTimerMultiplier=1.0 related both to normal and fruit trees?

No. There's actually no such thing as a fruit tree sapling block. That timer is how long it takes for a sapling block to convert into a tree, which fruit trees don't do.

6 hours ago, Kittychanley said:

No. There's actually no such thing as a fruit tree sapling block. That timer is how long it takes for a sapling block to convert into a tree, which fruit trees don't do.

I see, so it only change sapling to tree timer, not a tree growth rate. Is it ever possible to change fruit tree growth rate? Is it affected by year length?

On 8/13/2016 at 11:53 AM, ciekma said:

I see, so it only change sapling to tree timer, not a tree growth rate. Is it ever possible to change fruit tree growth rate? Is it affected by year length?

i think leaves, trunks, and branches of fruit trees each take a certain amount of in game days to grow, leaves grow each like...2 days i think. Check the wiki on fruit trees