Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PhineasWynd

Aardvark

6 posts in this topic

Doesn't look like i'm going to have any time to complete this one. If anybody wants to finish it, feel free :)

The ears aren't rendering properly in MCMC, but I think Minecraft has double-sided rendering for the insides, like skeleton ribs?

Aardvark1.png

Aardvark_v2.MCModel

Aardvark.png

Edited by PhineasWynd
Add Photo

If nobody else has taken this up yet, I'll do it (when I finally have time again).    If someone else does want to take it up, it needs to be smaller to start with.  The legs need to be single boxes - they're too complicated for such a small creature.  Body needs at least a look at being reworked to use less pieces - this arching segmented look should be saved for the armadillo and perhaps pangolin if possible.    Mouth box also is probably unnecessary.

Here's a revised aardvark, scaled down and simplified.  It was indeed tempting to make the body arched, but I'd really like to save that look for armadillos and pangolins.  Any comments?

0scrrnAardvark.jpg

Aardvark_v6.MCModel

AardvarkV5.png

I think that an arched body would work better for the aardvark. There would be enough difference between the aardvark, pangolin, and armadillo to tell the difference between the three. The aardvark has large ears and more of a dull brown coat. The pangolin has almost a pine cone or feather looking coat and no ears. The armadillo has a steel/brown coat that looks almost like a coat of armour. The head looks good but I think an arched body would be better.

Ok, so I've been working with some other bodies.  They all use the same texture as the previous post, so that'll have to be altered in the end.  But in general:

On the left, a sloped main body, with haunches for rear legs.  Similar to what several of the rodents use. 

In the middle, arched body, no haunches.

And on the right, the combo; arched body with haunches.

I realized that the no-haunch look is probably better for armadillo and pangolin, with their heavy armor, whereas the aardvark looks better with haunches.  I'd be ok with first or third either one.  But I think you're right Alpha, that the arched back does help so I'm leaning third.  Any other thoughts?

AardvarkV6comps.jpg

I am going to agree with you here. The second version can have the ears clipped or removed to make it the other animals. The third one is my favourite of the bunch. It keeps the general arch that Aardvarks seem to have in photos.