Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DarkLadyPhoenix

More little annoyances of vanilla that could be changed in TFC?

22 posts in this topic

As if the pony list isn't big enough, there's some small stuff that I don't think will ever be fixed in vanilla minecraft. Maybe this mod could fix it?

Someone mentioned signs and how relatively difficult they are to craft in TFC. Today a player mentioned a wish to have the ability to scribe stuff in stone. Why not combine the two?

Is there a way to have a tool that would make signs out of smoothed block? (turn it into a sign even, whatever works)

I really have no idea how complex the coding is on signs but it would be incredibly more useful to be able to carry a stack of stone and a tool to write with rather than individual signs that take up a ton of inventory room and a bunch of resources.

The other thing I'd like to bring up is furniture. Real table and chairs, not the stairs we have to pretend are chairs... They don't have to be functional, I'd just rather have something different than the eyesore that is stairs for chairs.

That's all I can think of right now. Obviously not a priority but nice to have.

Using a chisel on smooth stone could potentially open up a sign GUI

Also, seeing as this is pretty much stone age->medieval then perhaps stone and wooden benches (as chairs) could be made by using a chisel on a placed halfslab?

+1 for all the ideas....would love to see better signs and such...

Chairs and other furniture would be really nice, I also feel like glass should be able to be made in a bloomery with the same mechanics as ore, and you craft panes to put them in instead of molds.

It would be so cool to have the chisel open up a GUI for working cobblestone and raw stone into the different blocks, but without an undo option. That way we can place a cobblestone/raw stone and use the chisel to make it a slab or stair. And the same should be done to planks with the saw, to make slabs, stair, beams or collumns. But also, some furniture

NOTICE:

• Added Stone Masonry. When using a chisel, press M(configurable) to change the chisel mode. The chisel is used to make Smooth Stone blocks, stairs, and slabs. Right clicking on the side of a stone block will shave off a layer from that side of the block, up to 10 layers, allowing customizable block shapes. Note: This process requires that the player also have a hammer on their toolbar

-TFC changelog for unreleased beta PR 40

NOTICE:

-TFC changelog for unreleased beta PR 40

Yeah, I've just read it after I've posted. But still, the saw and plank thing can be made so we work directly on a placed plank, whatever it's tipe is.

Yeah, I've just read it after I've posted. But still, the saw and plank thing can be made so we work directly on a placed plank, whatever it's tipe is.

* its type

Posted Image

That is a spelling mistake, not grammar.

Saw this and what Bioxx said about what he is adding I became curious can anybody explain what he is doing?

I think that he's changing the way you make your tier 1 tools.

That is a spelling mistake, not grammar.

I removed the apostrophe from 'its'. That is a grammar mistake; the spelling fix was a bonus at no extra charge.

Obsidian should not be hard to mine. It is a brittle glass.

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-omboooooooo breaker!

Oopsy! :D English is not my native language and when I write fast, mistakes happens.

And tell me, where did you find obsidian?

Oopsy! :D English is not my native language and when I write fast, mistakes happens.

And tell me, where did you find obsidian?

The mountains of many states here in the United States of America have obsidian. It is a brittle volcanic glass, that also makes the sharpest of scalpels and knives... I see another use coming on...

The mountains of many states here in the United States of America have obsidian. It is a brittle volcanic glass, that also makes the sharpest of scalpels and knives... I see another use coming on...

I meant in the game...

I meant in the game...

Easy... get a bucket, some water, and find a lava pool...

Shouldn't that make lava "stone", then have a chance to drop obsidian when mined? Ó_o

No, I think you misunderstand Sierra. The point is that you don't get obsidian in TFC :) He wasn't asking for a potential origin for obsidian within the game :)

While we're on the subject of obsidian (I know this was mentioned somewhere in the arrow topic I think ?) I really don't think the mod needs another start of game stone age tool ingredient, especially considering the fairly comprehensive overhaul early game tools are about to receive.

You can get obsidian easily in the game. Iron+ pickaxes are able to harvest it and making a water farm isn't hard.