Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Peffern

[TFC 0.79.29] Peffern's Addons: New Crops and also Wells and Pewter

78 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Bunsan said:

And give you lead poisoning :P

This was originally the plan, but I looked it up and the Royal Society of Pewterers stated that Pewter doesn't actually have to contain lead. So I took it out of the recipe.

3 hours ago, Peffern said:

This was originally the plan, but I looked it up and the Royal Society of Pewterers stated that Pewter doesn't actually have to contain lead. So I took it out of the recipe.

Actually of course modern pewter doesn't contain lead, but in TFC timeframe lead was used.

In my opinion these pewter wares are somewhat overpowered. Historic accurate pewter recipe with lead would help to balance it. Poison potion is a bad idea, but any use of pewter should for example decrease point from fruit nutrition bar.

Only old, cheap pewter - old, 'fine' pewter and modern pewter doesn't contain lead.

Quote from Wikipedia:

The constituents of pewter were first controlled in the 12th century by town guilds in France. By the 15th century, the Worshipful Company of Pewterers controlled pewter constituents in England. This company originally had two grades of pewter, but in the 16th century a third grade was added. The first type, known as "fine metal", was used for tableware. It consisted of tin with as much copper as it could absorb, which is about 1%. The second type, known as "trifling metal" or "trifle", was used for hollowareand is made up of fine metal with approximately 4% lead. The last type of pewter, known as "lay" or "ley" metal, was used for items that were not in contact with food or drink. It consisted of tin with 15% lead. These three alloys were used, with little variation, until the 20th century.

Edited by ChunkHunter

Oh great you found it. Yeah, I was optimizing for the "fine metal," as evidence by the 99% in the alloy recipe. Of course, I made the minimum 85% for balance purposes, since making it 1% is a huge pain.

Any chance this is going to be made compatibly with that Cooking with TFC addon? Or is it already?

17 hours ago, izzy1488 said:

Any chance this is going to be made compatibly with that Cooking with TFC addon? Or is it already?

They don't break each other. You can run them together and both will work fine. I don't know if you can use Cooking with TFC with the TerraFirmaPumpkins food. My inclination says yes, but I'll have to check. If you want to try it out, let me know what happens!

They work fine together, with no problems. But the way sandwiches and salads are made with the Cooking with TFC doesn't seem to recognize the pumpkins/melons and mushrooms. You can still cook the pumpkins and eat them by themselves though. And I can't figure out what to do with the mushrooms since you can't eat them raw. 

So how difficult is it to make an addon like this that adds more food? I really do not know anything about making mods sadly.. but I was thinking about taking the time to learn so I could make an addon for TFC... I want to add Nuts to the game... that tree leaf blocks drop sometimes. Acorns, walnuts, pinecone/nuts. Any advice on how to get started? ^_^

I made salad and sandwiches with pumpkins and melons and it worked fine :) Make sure you use the latest version of Cooking With TFC and it should work.

Edited by Leo05

Hmm I tried with the pumpkin lastnight but it didn't work. But it was raw. Maybe I need to cook it first. Do mushrooms need to be cooked first too?

4 hours ago, izzy1488 said:

Hmm I tried with the pumpkin lastnight but it didn't work. But it was raw. Maybe I need to cook it first. Do mushrooms need to be cooked first too?

I don't know how cooking with TFC works, sorry. I do know that in terms of normal TFC meal creation, Raw Pumpkins cannot be used in meals, they have to be cooked first, whereas mushrooms can be used in meals and cannot be cooked. 
It's possible Cooking with TFC is using the same variables.

On 11/2/2016 at 0:39 PM, izzy1488 said:

So how difficult is it to make an addon like this that adds more food? I really do not know anything about making mods sadly.. but I was thinking about taking the time to learn so I could make an addon for TFC... I want to add Nuts to the game... that tree leaf blocks drop sometimes. Acorns, walnuts, pinecone/nuts. Any advice on how to get started? ^_^

Adding food items is pretty easy. I don't want to get into specifics of how MC/TFC is coded (PM me if you want to know), but it's just a matter of extending a specific food item class. However, changing the behavior of existing mechanics is quite a bit harder. For example, getting my crops to generate as TFC crops, allowing the crafting recipes of pumpkin food to pumpkin blocks (TFC crafting doesn't support food -> nonfood), these kinds of things require modifying the way TFC works, which is not as simple. 

When I get some free time later, I'll put my source code up so you can see it.

Edited by Peffern

I was looking at "Cooking with TFC" the other day and they mentioned they completely rewrote TFC food for the addon. So basically any food items added for vanilla TFC will not be compatible with CwTFC, as far as I understand it.

17 hours ago, Sayreg said:

I was looking at "Cooking with TFC" the other day and they mentioned they completely rewrote TFC food for the addon. So basically any food items added for vanilla TFC will not be compatible with CwTFC, as far as I understand it.

That was in older versions. Now it works with vanilla food :)

Can I include this is TerraFirmaPack? I'm pushing an update to that pack.

20 hours ago, Bunsan said:

Can I include this is TerraFirmaPack? I'm pushing an update to that pack.

Yeah, go ahead! This is so exciting.

Should I publish the source first? I'm not trying to keep it closed source, I just don't know how to use GitHub.

Also can you credit me?

Edited by Peffern

TFC Wells 1.0 is now available!

Hi, Peffern! I'm a little lost as to how to actually make the pewter items (jugs and bowls), besides the ingots themselves. NEI doesn't give a recipe for either. :unsure:

Sorry - this is fixed in a later version which I guess I forgot to deploy - they're made on a Bronze or higher anvil. Sheet => Bowl, Double Sheet => Jug

Edited by Peffern

The TerraFirmaPumpkins not working properly. When I launch minecraf show me this message and the game I can not have mushrooms, pumpkins and melons edible

Coremod PumpkinsLoadingPlugin: Unable to class load the plugin com.peffern.pumpkins.asm.PumpkinsLoadingPlugin

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.peffern.pumpkins.asm.PumpkinsLoadingPlugin

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]

What could be the problem? Java?

16 hours ago, Bassifer said:

The TerraFirmaPumpkins not working properly. When I launch minecraf show me this message and the game I can not have mushrooms, pumpkins and melons edible

Coremod PumpkinsLoadingPlugin: Unable to class load the plugin com.peffern.pumpkins.asm.PumpkinsLoadingPlugin

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.peffern.pumpkins.asm.PumpkinsLoadingPlugin

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_121]

What could be the problem? Java?

PMd you with questions

Are tfc-metals required to use pefter mod?

Yes - I reworked it. Will update the OP

I'm having an odd issue after I updated your mods to 2.1, the pumpkins have stopped spawning as crops and other crops and bushes and fruit trees have all stopped spawning. I am using a slightly modified technodefirmacraft 3.3 pack. Below are the added mods.

Edit: I should also note that it seems to work fine in Singleplayer but doesnt work properly in multiplayer.

Any help you can provide me would  be great.

added mods.PNG

Edited by Baleyg
more important info on issue

I've been testing on technodefirmacraft 2.21 - no promises for 3.3. I'll check it out as soon as I can and get back to you.

Edited by Peffern

I've not changed anything in my TFC fork used in TNFC that should effect crops, bushes or fruit tree spawning. As for the other mods they may have unintended consequences due to the changes I've made in TFC.

Seems, that pewter metal mod is responsible for mess with forge pit:

Edited by ciekma