Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bbrad

Can't Cut Decay/Grain or Combine Like-Foods

5 posts in this topic

This post has been automatically generated from a form submission.

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in the blue box at the top of this form?: Yes
Topic Title: Can't Cut Decay/Grain or Combine Like-Foods
TFC Version #: TFC 0.79.29.922
Forge Version #: Forge10.13.4.1614
SSP/SMP: Single Player
Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes
Changed Config Options:
Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes
Other Mods Installed: Decorations, LeatherWaterSac, TerraMisc, TFCCellarsAddon, ItemPhysic-Lite, AnimalCrate, CodeChickenCore, CoroUtil, CyanosLootableBodies, Damage-Indicators, Dynamic Lights, Farseek, Fastcraft, JourneyMap, Minetweaker 3, Minetweaker RM, NEI, Optifine, Ships Mod, Shipwrecks Mod, Streams, TFC NEI Plugin, TooMuchTime, WAILA, Weather 2
If you have Optifine or a non-forge server plugin api (Examples: Bukkit, Cauldron, Thermos, etc) installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?: Yes
Crash Report:
Description: Hi, I have a world that I have been playing on (single player) for a few weeks now and just recently I gathered a large load of food, combined it all as normal and went to store it all in my cellar from the TFC mod. Before I put the food away however I tried to cut the decay off of it, first by using the D key and then by manually putting the food in my crafting window with a knife. Neither worked, and then I noticed that I could no longer combine like-foods when there was remaining space (ounces). I searched the forum and found another thread reporting a similar issue so I tried to restart my minecraft as it helped the other person, but to no avail. I also tried to remove optifine, though it has been there all along, and it still did not work. I have had basically the same set of mods from the beginning, all the configurational stuff has been taken care of prior to this bug/glitch becoming a problem. Now as for exactly what happens when I press D on my keyboard.. While in my inventory it takes all food with any decay at all and puts it in my crafting window (up to 9 items due to slot limitations). When I try to manually put food into the crafting window with a knife there is no "product" in the other window, and as I said D just fills the 9 slots and nothing else. S will send foods that could be combined to the crafting window, but they don't "produce" anything either. I left the computer for the night hoping everything would clear up, but this morning I sadly discovered that it is still an issue. I also found that I cannot use a knife to cut grain (wheat, rice, etc.) and get any product from that either. It seems that all functions of the knife in the crafting window (to my knowledge) are broken

Sorry to create a new thread, thought it would just be easier for you instead of having to scroll through the first few posts. 

Are you sure that you haven't recently updated/removed one of the other mods you have installed or edited a config file? If I had to guess, one of the TFC addons you have installed or previously installed changes how food works.

The only mod I changed was going from Custom NPCs to Minetweaker because it was much simpler to add recipes in order to access items from other mods. The base modlist has been the same otherwise though.

The only thing that I think affects food would be the Cellars Addon as it slows decay after building a structure, but I don't know how it would prevent me from cutting decay and like I said it has been there the whole time.

I decided to start a new world to make sure that the save was not corrupted or anything, which I found out it was not. However I did find a correlation between Cyanos Lootable Bodies and the problem I described above. It seems that everytime that I die with that mod installed, then I go back to retrieve my items, the "TFC" functions of cutting decay or grain as well as combining foods get removed. I am not  100% sure that this is the case, however it seems to be the only consistent cause. I discovered in the world that I created that I can indeed combine and cut decay/grain UNTIL I loot my dead body through the other mod. 

I am not sure if a patch would be needed, or if you guys are even willing (I don't mod more than recipies and the occasional block) or whether this would be an issue on your end or their's BUT I believe that this is the problem that I ran into.