Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
cevkiv

Lock Boxes

26 posts in this topic

A lockbox would be like a chest, except made out of metal sheets instead of wooden planks.

The easiest implementation would be that a lockbox is only openable by the person who placed it, and cannot be destroyed except by the person who placed it or an OP.

A harder implementation would be that creating a lockbox creates an additional item, a key, matched to that lock box. One would have to have the key in their inventory to open the lockbox. Copies of the key could be made by placing an ingot on the anvil, along with they key in the plans slot.

Key idea is way better. You have to keep in mind competitive gameplay, that way people can't just hide all their goodies in it and leave it unlootable. The reason people raid in the first place is for loot, lol.

I like the idea of keys because if you work in a group it keeps the chest secure while letting everyone you want to, to have access to the chest. Also it's way easier to hide or carry keys than to hide all your valuable stuff in secret vault. +1

Another thing you can do, break the box, it will be loud, and no one will be proud, and hopefully it leaves behind a junk block.

No. For a couple of reasons: the first idea is way overpowered and the second just leads to endless frustration for an unlucky person like me.

Key idea is way better. You have to keep in mind competitive gameplay, that way people can't just hide all their goodies in it and leave it unlootable. The reason people raid in the first place is for loot, lol.

And raiding would be fine, if there was someone there 24/7 who could repel invaders. But I have shit to do OTHER than play Minecraft, and I don't like the idea that I can get up to Red Steel and some asshole with a flint spear can come along and steal all my stuff.

So hide it.

I really like the idea of locking your chests with keys. It allows for a way to hide your stuff, but not make it completely foolproof (i.e, someone kills you and loots the keys to your storage shed).

Locks are getting seriously discussed in the Kingdoms Brainstorming thread now. Here's a diversion. :U

Please read that one thing I wrote about that one lock/lock picking minigame.

I see a flaw... In real life if you break a chest you will open it. Not that this mod is all about real life, I just think that if you get stolen from it's your job to hunt them down, kill them, and take everything they own. I would rather have a 10sec respawn timer and a way to hide your overhead name. Then, since TFC servers are anarchy you have a nice way to start a war. Now I know you all will want to be nice and not get on anybodies bad side.

I will have an accomplice with me when I start going on these servers, don't mess wid me.

wondering if I should copypasta my post from the stickied thread here...

There will probably be an option in the server settings to make servers that have full protection on personal property. If you like raiding other peoples hardwork and sweat, you better be prepared to be kicked in the nads and robbed blind by other people too.

There will probably be an option in the server settings to make servers that have full protection on personal property. If you like raiding other peoples hardwork and sweat, you better be prepared to be kicked in the nads and robbed blind by other people too.

If that was directed at me, don't worry. I don't steal, I was basically saying that because the other people on the server will rape you, no need for lockboxes.

If that was directed at me, don't worry. I don't steal, I was basically saying that because the other people on the server will rape you, no need for lockboxes.

no, no, I meant in general. I'd be happy to play with you.

The ability to hire and equip npc guards via some of the discussion in the beta 3 thread with a non kos list for friends would go a long way to makeing an area guarded. However, block protection is also cool. Would allow you to make a castle and have people actually have to use the front door instead of cutting through the wall cause they don't want to walk around.

I'm against npc guards, or at least the way people are portraying them, i much perfer the idea of golems and wolves being your defense.

I'm against npc guards, or at least the way people are portraying them, i much perfer the idea of golems and wolves being your defense.

well, you'll be half happy

Woot? lol, i guess i'll have to wait and see what you have in store for that. probably wolves, but i cannot wait :P

Woot? lol, i guess i'll have to wait and see what you have in store for that. probably wolves, but i cannot wait :P

oh no, not wolves hehehe.

Then.... well damn, you're just going to make me stay addicted with this mod aren't you?

Then.... well damn, you're just going to make me stay addicted with this mod aren't you?

actually, now that I think about it, I could make it so that wolves are more dynamic. Perhaps with some training, they could be set on a sort of guard duty? This will have to have some thought, as to how it will function, but we do have some other ideas.

(and getting you addicted to the mod is sort of the point, isn't it?)

actually, now that I think about it, I could make it so that wolves are more dynamic. Perhaps with some training, they could be set on a sort of guard duty? This will have to have some thought, as to how it will function, but we do have some other ideas.

Quite :D and i would be very interested to see this, as i know you'd be able to do it very well!

Quite :D and i would be very interested to see this, as i know you'd be able to do it very well!

post-236-0-58069100-1344713280_thumb.png

I liek dis... My yard would be full of dogs. While you are add it, lets change them to German Shepards and give them the ability to latch on to you. Jk, I may reskin them to a German Shepard with a police coat though.