Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

7 posts in this topic

Coins.

They will not have an in-game value (if NPCS won't be here). The value will be based on the community of the server. People could evaluate platinum coins more than gold ones or vice versa.

So, coins will be a new metal object that could be casted or wrought.

Every coin will be made with 10 metal units or a pure metal nugget, also made with 10 metal units. Coins could be made of any metal, and could have a blueprint code.

A coin blueprint will be an item made of wood/ceramic/metal that would be used to make blueprinted molds, hammers and presses.

A blueprint could be made by a wood worker or clay worker. A wood worker would do the wood blueprint. A clay worker would do a ceramic blueprint or a blueprint mold, used to make metal blueprint.

Not blueprinted coins will be simple discs of metal. These coins will be made with not blueprinted molds or hammers/presses.

Blueprinted coins will ornamented discs of metal. These coins will be made with blueprinted molds or blueprinted hammers/presses.

The blueprint will get a code (number of 4 digits) and name on creation. The name will be shown as lore in the coins to eveyone and changes when the blueprint's name changes. If you create a blueprint with a code that already exists (by duplicating an exisiting one) it will get the same name of the previous. Two blueprints with different code cannot have the same name. The code will be obly seen as lore by blacksmiths masters and by who made the said blueprint.

Blueprinted coins will be used to control money production in more advanced towns.

This is how to make molds and other things to make blueprinted coins:

A = Worse than iron		B = Iron or better		W = When weldable, on anvil

Clay coin mold		Hammer mold			Hammer head			Hammer head			Press hammer			Clay blueprint mold
				(A-B)			(A-B)				(A)(W)				(B)(W)				(B)(W)				(A-B)

Wooden blueprint		Yes			Yes				No				No				No				Yes					
Lost durability			1%			1%				-				-				-				1%

Ceramic blueprint		Yes			Yes				Yes				Yes				No				Yes
Lost durability			1%			1%				35%				90%				-				1%

Metal blueprint (A)		Yes			Yes				Yes				No				No				Yes
Lost durability			1%			1%				5%+				-				-				1%		

Metal blueprint (B)		Yes			Yes				Yes				Yes				Yes				Yes
Lost durability			1%			1%				1%+				5%+				20%+				1%

And this is how to make coins:

B = Blueprinted
				Mold		B Mold		Hammer		B Hammer	Press		B Press

Liquid metal			Coin		B Coin		-		-		-		-

Refined metal nugget		-		-		Coin		B Coin		Coin		B Coin

Edited by Diego il Catanico Jr

Basically

Coin: New item

Blueprint: New item that has the top of the hierarchy of a code. When created it lets you give it its name.

Code: Number of 4 digits, not shown to all players. When stored in an item, the item gets the name of the code and changes to a more fancy texture (coins only).

Code name: Name shown as lore by an item that has it stored that has a code.

Edited by Diego il Catanico Jr

Unless NPCs are added then this is more like a mod that multiplayer servers could use. But either way I would like to expound upon the idea.

i don't think that anyone should be able to make their own type of coin, should a coin be a thing it ought to be a set thing and have one type. The value can be determined by players though. You should also be able to put these said coins into groups. For example you could take 2-4 string to make a coin holder and from there you can attach 10-20 coins onto each rope like object. You should also be able to combine ropes to make up an object that can hold up to 100 coins. Or coins need to be stackable to 100 per stack.

This is like the merchants mod for TFC 1 and I suspect a similar mod will be made or integrated in TFC 2 as Bioxx has already said he's playing with the idea of trade ships even though I can't find where currently.

I like this idea! I'd like to see TFC2 get integrated with this idea of currencey. Maybe the author of Merchants addon for TFC1 could get involved in the development of TFC2.

I also think that certain code numbers should not be generate-able by users, but only by admins, so that players can have their own banks. Also the generated code should be player-locked, so only up to 10k (0-9999) currencies can exist, in game, but the admin should be able to change the owner of a currency.

And ... create just a Mint with a furnace to mold somes metal with a measure to see how many kg of each metal that will be used to do the coin. Have some blueprint (to define a skin) to define the type of coin with he's name and then, allowed the coin to be created. The constitution of a coin is impossible to see if you don't wear a monocle. Like that, it can be possible to define the value of a coin for a roleplay server, maybe have few of them and trade! (sorry if my english isn't that good i'm french ^^)