Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Cavelurker

Gimme' Limestone,My Lord...

9 posts in this topic

-I've found something, My Lord...

-What, Servant?

No fluxstone, Sir...

When I create a new world,

I find no fluxstone...

Only in 1 world.

-Could be a... Could be a.... Problem?

Or a thing that keeps the balance?

There are 21 stone types that can spawn on top layer. 4 are flux stones. So 19% chance. If you have Rock Salt you can find Borax as well.

There are 13 stone types that can spawn in second layer. 1 is flux stone. So 7.7% chance. 

Add some RNG and large rock biomes. Welcome to TFC. 

By the way, in my opinion flux is much to narrow bottleneck, it is OK as bottleneck for forging, but become slightly annoying if you need to travel a lot searching source of flux and cannot prepare even leather armor. It is a reason, why I added base liquor made from ashes in my modpack. Leather can be treated by any king of alkaline, nowadays it is limemilk, but in ancient times often it was caustic potash.

I don't understand why you think it's OK as a bottleneck for forging but not for armour?

It's a real pain if you can't progress beyond simple copper tools - Finding Nickel and graphite are two other big painful bottlenecks, too if you want to progress.

There are 21 stone types that can spawn on top layer. 4 are flux stones. So 19% chance. If you have Rock Salt you can find Borax as well.

There are 13 stone types that can spawn in second layer. 1 is flux stone. So 7.7% chance. 

Add some RNG and large rock biomes. Welcome to TFC.

Hey Bunsan, lemme' say 2 things:

1. That means I'm totally unlucky with that...

2. What is "RNG", and where I need to set large rock biomes? Config?

And note: I'm not a complete newbie of TFC, I'm absolutely in love with the mod, yet that's a problem.

Edited by Cavelurker
Note

1 hour ago, Cavelurker said:
2. What is "RNG",

RNG = Random Number Generator.  Luck, in other words.

You should probably know that the devs are not going to change any of this for TFC1.  They're basically only fixing major bugs now.  Whatever efforts they are making are focused on TFC2.  You may be interested in this thread, where I suggested that flux and salt be ores, rather than stone types. Within that suggestion context, I think it would definitely be worth considering that flux and maybe salt appear in all stone types.  But that they simply be rarer in some than others.

On 19.02.2017 at 11:06 AM, ChunkHunter said:

I don't understand why you think it's OK as a bottleneck for forging but not for armour?

Because you need some protection, to explore world and search flux. Additionally, once you have flux, you probably wont make leather armour, if you can forge metal one.

I'm inclined to agree with ciekma. First of all, people in stone age wore clothes made from animal skins. Leather armour feels like something that belongs in stone age. Second of all, when you have flux, you can easily make copper or bronze armour. I very rarely make leather armour and I don't see many players that do. Not worth the bother when you already have flux, unless you are very unlucky with copper (but that is usually really lots of bad luck, as there are many more rock types that carry copper than flux).

On 21-2-2017 at 2:10 PM, ciekma said:

Because you need some protection, to explore world and search flux. Additionally, once you have flux, you probably wont make leather armour, if you can forge metal one.

You don't *need* protection while searching for flux.

I hardly ever make metal armour as it's so much of a pain and costs so much maetal. Leather armour is all I usually make.
I don't turn down the odd mob drop of metal armour of course.

I did once make a set of red steel armour just so I could say I had done it but it took sooo long to gather all the resoures and then to hammer it all out.