Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
yuri1234565

Server Crashes when Players join

8 posts in this topic

This post has been automatically generated from a form submission.

Have you read, understood, and followed all of the rules listed in the blue box at the top of this form?: Yes
Topic Title: Server Crashes when Players join
TFC Version #: 0.79.29.922
Forge Version #: 10.13.4.1558
SSP/SMP: Multi Player
Have you deleted your config files or are using default configs and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes
Changed Config Options:
Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes
Other Mods Installed: Decorations, Leather Water Sac, TerraMisc, TFCAutomatedBellowsAddon, TFCCellarsAddon, archimedesshipsplus, BiblioCraft, BiblioWoods, CodeChickenCore, Farseek, Hats, IChunUtil, Morph, movingworld, PeacefulSurface, Streams
If you have Optifine or a non-forge server plugin api (Examples: Bukkit, Cauldron, Thermos, etc) installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them?: no
Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/TGpjbHH3
Description: When ever I try to join my hosted server, the client gets the message "http://imgur.com/39IJ50X". While the server crashes with the error.

Edited by yuri1234565

The crash report you provided says that you have Thermos installed. When filling out the form you claimed that you can reproduce the bug after uninstalling thermos. Can you please provide a crash report that's generated when thermos is not installed?

Edited by Kittychanley

I'll restate rule #5 that was shown to you when submitting the form that you claimed yes to reading and understanding:

If you have Optifine or a non-forge server plugin api (Examples: Craftbukkit, Cauldron, Thermos, etc) installed, uninstall them and make sure you can still reproduce the bug before submitting. Optifine and non-forge server plugin api's edit forge base classes, which causes bugs that TFC cannot fix without breaking forge compatibility.

The crash is happening because you have Thermos installed. The bug is with Thermos, not with TFC. We cannot help you here.

So if I cannot use Thermos? and only forge? How do I get plugins?

Let me see if I can help to clarify the issue.

We have officially from the creators of Minecraft 2 versions.

• Minecraft single player Vanilla.
  • Minecraft Server Vanilla.

We have 2 main Unofficial Server Base:

• Bukkit, that allows for a more easy way to create and use Plugins.
  • Forge, that allows for a more easy way to create and use Mods.

Now, remember that Terrafirmacraft is a Forge Mod. This means it was developed using the Forge Tools and API. It is intended to be used from within a Forge environment.

A few years ago we had a group of developers that attempted to create a Server base system that would merge Bukkit and Forge. We had a few installments:

• MCPC
  • Cauldron.
  • KCauldron.
  • Thermos.

Now one important thing to remember is that Minecraft by itself is already full of Bugs.When you use something like Forge or Bukkit and add a whole bunch of Mods or Plugins you chances of error are compounded.

With Thermos the problems are even bigger since it allows for the use of Plugins and Mods in the same environment.

Botton line, Complaining here about a bug that has nothing to do with Terrafirmacraft is the same as complaining to Apple because you can't use an App created for Android.

All that said let me see if I can actually help you.

Most of the times when a server crash at start up it means it has a corrupted chunk.

Looking at the list of mods and plugins I see you have Archimedes Ships, this a very heavy and memory hunger Mod and it causes a lot of Corruption. I strongly recommend not even trying to use any ship mod in a server environment. Any moving block has a potential for error, when you try to move a whole bunch of blocks at the same time, chances are something will go wrong.

How to fix the server?

Create a backup of the server and Recreate the server files adding the mods one by one.

See first if is possible to start the server with only the basic mods, the ones responsible for Terrain Generation, like TFC.

There is no easy way to fix this issue it will be a try and error thing.

I wish you luck. 

On 25.02.2017 at 10:39 PM, yuri1234565 said:

So if I cannot use Thermos? and only forge? How do I get plugins?

Try to use mods instead, for example Forge Essentials, MyTown2 etc.

Edited by ciekma

I run into this before, you using Cauldron  or Thermos  but I gotten TFC to work with K Cauldron but ran into bugs not server crashing bugs, but gameplay bugs, and Forge Essentials  for me have beening corrupting my server world file.

If anyone that want to talk to me, plz send a PM or you can get me on discord. https://discord.gg/EAsUpNA