Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsb23

Bsb23's Enchantment Document

46 posts in this topic

Reactive Splash Potion, I like it, would it actually drop mercury or just have the effect? lordhaiv I'm pretty sure zombies are still affected by mercury poisoning. The loss of a bottle for entertainment is worth it.

Reactive Splash Potion, I like it, would it actually drop mercury or just have the effect? lordhaiv I'm pretty sure zombies are still affected by mercury poisoning. The loss of a bottle for entertainment is worth it.

Just have the effect. You're not getting that stuff back once it all gets soaked into the ground. It would also turn all grass blocks nearby into dirt blocks probably.

And not really on the zombies; skeletons either. Undead aren't affected by poison.

Would a silver-mercury mix make sense?

Would a silver-mercury mix make sense?

Making it directly? Good lord no, as silver's melting point is nearly 3 times mercury's boiling point. Horribly dangerous.

Silver, tin, and mercury are sometimes alloyed together nowadays to make inert metals collectively called 'amalgam' for dentistry fillings, but that's all done with modern machinery.

But who would the "magic" community except a poison that effects the undead being made out of this?

But who would the "magic" community except a poison that effects the undead being made out of this?

Speaking as a vet D&D player, undead are immune to ALL forms of poison, magical or otherwise, as are constructs (snow/iron golems) and oozes (slimes). This stems from the fact that even magical poisons are things that halt the metabolic and/or mental processes of living creatures, and undead constructs and oozes have no discernible metabolisms to disrupt. This is the same reason for why they're immune to the extra damage from a rogue's sneak attack (that, and they have no discernible vital points either).

Of course TFC =/= D&D, but I'm just saying - it makes sense when you think about it. The reasoning is solid regardless of which game you apply it to.

Edit:

There are actually poisons in D&D that affect undead, now that I think about it. They're from the Book of Exhalted Deeds and... aren't really poisons per se, but they use positive energy to disrupt the animating force keeping the undead up and about. They are, however, ENTIRELY different from any other kind of poison and don't work on anything but the undead, so they'd be an entirely different crafting altogether.

Mercury poisoning doesn't only affect the digestive system though it also affects the nervous and respiratory systems. I suppose undead wont need repiratory systems however some type of nervous system would make sense. The symptoms include loss of body function, insanity, extreme weakness, loss of senses, possibly a coma or in extreme cases, death. Silver affects the undead, a silver/mercury mix is possible, they use it for teeth fillings apparently.

Mercury is quiksilver, as far as I can tell, mercury for all intents and purposes is like bodacious silver liquid magic-poison.

Anyways, I like the idea of repurposing unused potions in minecraft, I am really interested in what the debonnare potion is.

Mercury poisoning doesn't only affect the digestive system though it also affects the nervous and respiratory systems. I suppose undead wont need repiratory systems however some type of nervous system would make sense. The symptoms include loss of body function, insanity, extreme weakness, loss of senses, possibly a coma or in extreme cases, death. Silver affects the undead, a silver/mercury mix is possible, they use it for teeth fillings apparently.

...when on earth did I mention the digestive system?

metabolism = all chemical processes required to maintain life. Zombies don't use their nervous systems to move around. This is not 28 days later, this is more like evil dead. If this were 28 days later logic, or resident evil logic ('zombies' in both cases being biologically viable), then skeletons would be a no-go. These are fantasy zombies, and therefore do not rely on biological process to remain animate.

...of course this is all just BS, bioxx can do whatever the shit he likes with his mod and make a total liar out of me. So to correct myself I should state the 2 assumptions I'm working off of.

1) Skeletons will remain in the mod.

2) Bioxx wants to maintain consistency and suspension of disbelief.

If those 2 are true, then TFC zombies are fantasy zombies and undead work on fantasy principles.

And yes you could make a sword out of amalgam... but it would not only be a very dangerous process, it would also be less effective than a sword made of just pure silver.

Speaking as a vet D&D player, undead are immune to ALL forms of poison, magical or otherwise, as are constructs (snow/iron golems) and oozes (slimes). This stems from the fact that even magical poisons are things that halt the metabolic and/or mental processes of living creatures, and undead constructs and oozes have no discernible metabolisms to disrupt. This is the same reason for why they're immune to the extra damage from a rogue's sneak attack (that, and they have no discernible vital points either).

Of course TFC =/= D&D, but I'm just saying - it makes sense when you think about it. The reasoning is solid regardless of which game you apply it to.

Edit:

There are actually poisons in D&D that affect undead, now that I think about it. They're from the Book of Exhalted Deeds and... aren't really poisons per se, but they use positive energy to disrupt the animating force keeping the undead up and about. They are, however, ENTIRELY different from any other kind of poison and don't work on anything but the undead, so they'd be an entirely different crafting altogether.

Does acid counts as a poison? I can think in a skeleton melting in an acid pool... ^_^ *maniatic assasin face(?)*

Whatever, shouldn't the conversation be about the enchantment system, more that if the poisons can or not affect skeletons and zombies? ._. just saying... Right now i have no ideas left about these, but i'm sure i will later.

Does acid counts as a poison? I can think in a skeleton melting in an acid pool... ^_^ *maniatic assasin face(?)*

Whatever, shouldn't the conversation be about the enchantment system, more that if the poisons can or not affect skeletons and zombies? ._. just saying... Right now i have no ideas left about these, but i'm sure i will later.

Acid is not a poison. It is a corrosive agent.

Acid works by having an abundance of spare H+ ions floating around in solution, which attach to and break down other compounds.

Poisons are all different, but all of them - from heavy metals to complex protein toxins - work by directly inhibiting one or more of a living creature's vital metabolic pathways, usually by sticking themselves in the place of something else that was SUPPOSED to go there, and gumming up the works.

digestive system controls metabolism. But anyways, acid would work nice but that would be a difficult addition to code with things melting and all. How about catalysts, what new catalysts do you think would make a good addition?

digestive system controls metabolism.

...What?

No. That's wrong.

What you put INTO your digestive system has an effect on the RATE of your metabolism, but that is pretty much it.

Your metabolism covers everything from the kreb's cycle to the CO2 content of your blood. Take it from someone with a biology degree, eh?

Anyways, EternalBoat, mercury being somehow liquid silver for all intents and purposes? yes, or no.

[And if any, anything to say about how it'd pan out, in a believeable/fantastical sense]

And then, what about other kinds of destructive venoms/poisons/toxins, link ones that cause necrosis, or dissolve flesh, bone, and other nasty things.

Yes but the pyruvate necessary to begin the Krebs cycle can only be made with the sugars that the digestive system creates and integrates. I've taken and Advanced Biology Course and my dad was a major I know this stuff too. Poison enters and is integrated through the digestive system which controls the supply for metabolic reactions. Therefore I was half wrong I suppose yet i digress, this is completely irrelevant.

And Boea it would look like liquid silver I guess, but I guess we have decided that instead of only affecting the undead like silver, it can't affect the undead. I like the idea of more poisons maybe some neurotoxins that can cause paralysis or just poisons that cause the poison effect. However anything that eats away at entities would be very interesting to code.

...What?

No. That's wrong.

What you put INTO your digestive system has an effect on the RATE of your metabolism, but that is pretty much it.

Your metabolism covers everything from the kreb's cycle to the CO2 content of your blood. Take it from someone with a biology degree, eh?

jeezus crunchy christ you know alot, did you by any chance take an anatomy/physiology class?

hah nevermind i just read thw whole thing i was quoting. heh thats what i get for posting at 2:00 AM

Anyways, EternalBoat, mercury being somehow liquid silver for all intents and purposes? yes, or no.

[And if any, anything to say about how it'd pan out, in a believeable/fantastical sense]

And then, what about other kinds of destructive venoms/poisons/toxins, link ones that cause necrosis, or dissolve flesh, bone, and other nasty things.

Oh, like the bite of the puff adder?

Posted Image

Or a bite from a brown recluse...

Posted Image

I still don't think much info can be gained from this though i don't think it is very easy to code either of those looks.

Oh, like the bite of the puff adder?

Posted Image

Or a bite from a brown recluse...

Posted Image

well, you have just given me a serious case of the jibblies

Now that nobody probably wants to look at this thread anymore, any ideas for catalysts, anything magical whatsoever, just something.

While ignoring the gross stuff above I still need more content, therefore I am bringing this back up, ignore the snake and spider bites and talks of poison. And say what magic things you think could fit well into TFC that we could use.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0