Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Texture Artist Submissions

15 posts in this topic

This thread is purely for the submission of art for those who are apply for the new artist position. Please refrain from holding discussions here.

Please attach your art submission to your post.

post-606-0-11848100-1341204062_thumb.png

In case it isn't clear, the items from left to right are:

• Corn
  • Carrot
  • Pumpkin
  • Tomato
  • Watermelon
  • Orange
  • Orange (Smaller version)
  • Bellows

Love this mod, can't wait for new farming features :]

From left to right:

Corn, Carrot, Pumpkin, Tomato, Watermelon, Orange, Anvil.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Multiple styles to try and best meet your requirements)

Posted Image

this is my summision. i was unsure of wether you wanted a block or sprite version of the melon and pumpkin so i did both. i did 2 corn textures, one for cooked one for not.

i choose the axe not because i think all tools should be retextured, but becausei had an idea that higher end metal tools and weapons should have slightly better textures. and steel was easier. I took advantage of the similar shape of the pumpkin and melon to show my ability to make multiple variaties of the same sprite. I am also using the melon and pumpkin sprites as placeholders. i simply cut out the side of the pumpkin block texture and made some slight modifications to make it fit the sprite slightly better, i am no where near as happy with it as i am with the other textures but it was a rush job so i was not expecting myself to do great on everything, i timed myself at just under 4 hours for these.

from top left to bottom right

Cooked/buttered corn

Carrot

Orange(not sure if i like it but it looks like an orange so....)

Custom Axe(slightly sharper looking blade and metal wire coating on the handle)

Raw corn

Tomato

Pumpkin

Melon

Pumpkin block (side)

Pumpkin block (top)

Melon block (side)

Melon block (top)

Pumpkin block (unlight Jack-o-lantern face)

pumpkin block (light Jack-o-lantern face)

the jacko lanter face was designed around the light version. the unlight version looks weird in comparison to give the player more of an insentive to light the J-o-l.

My entry:

Posted Image

From left to right: Corn, Carrot, Pumpkin, Tomato, Watermelon, Orange. I chose to modify the the firestarter as I couldn't find much else to change. The firestarter was a little odd, and I thought this texture felt a little better. Honestly, my pumpkin/watermelon could be better, and my corn is slightly square, not to mention my spiky hair carrot, but I tried to keep a vanilla feel with the outlines and scaled items.

Here is my entry

Posted Image

From left to right

Corn, carrot, pumpkin, watermelon, tomato, orange,anvil.

Sorry for the spacing issues

Well, I tried.. I'm not good as you guys. :D

That's my .png, I have the .psd too, all with transparencies and different layers for food and "raw green cable of the plants"(Not just the leaves.. I think you got the idea).

Posted Image

• Corn
  • Pumpkin
  • Carrot
  • Watermelon
  • Tomato
  • Orange
  • Random Chisel (As is my new favorite tool! :D)

don't worry horenpa, your textures look great. you should be proud of your work. i like it it feels kida cartoonish and carefree. im not very good with words so i will just stop there before i say something supid. i wish you luck. everyone here so far has got alot of skill. hope i do well. either way i gave it my all and im proud of my work as should everyone here.

Ok here is my work, mostly is just reworked the stuff.

Posted Image

I also work on 32x32 textures for faithful so i know much about texturing/retexturing.

Heres the link to the page.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's my submission. My reworked sprite is the firestarter.

Posted Image

Hastily done to make up for all the time I spent not being home. :U

edit: Noticing my orange pallet is a bit off. Oops. By the way, the last sprite is willow leaves. Because they currently use vines, which is weird.

Only spent about twenty or so on this. sorry :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

That last dude is a firestarter.

Also, I wasn't sure as to what image type you wanted, so I've uploaded these as whole images with no transparency. I still have the others, if you wanted individual files.

post-691-0-52861300-1341721818_thumb.png

post-691-0-50990600-1341721828_thumb.png

Posted Image

Should be in a decent size... I think, Top to bottom is corn, carrot, pumpkin, tomatoe, orange, melon, and my 'reworked sprite' are the fruit tree saplings, sorry if its a BIT overboard, but I'm getting tired of seeing the jungle tree saplings.

Posted Image

-snip-

Lumireaver, these look quite nice. A bit vibrant, though. Don't be afraid to use duller colors. Remember that, esspecialy in TFC there aren't a whole lot of bright colors.