Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TheSnarkyKnight

Weapons, sheats, and ranged weapons

What do you think of this suggestion?   4 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about my suggestion? Do you think TFC 2 would benefit from the things I suggested? Do you want TFC 2 to have these features?

• Yes, they're AWESOME!!!!!!
    • Yes, they're nice.
    • I really feel kinda indifferent about it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

It's been a while, huh? Anyway, I've got two ideas and would like to hear what you think of them:

Deployable Weapons

Spoiler

Imagine that you've reached a new island and that you're still conquering it (assuming we're still going with the idea that an island still has to be conquered by defeating the bosses on each part): you stumble upon the enemy stronghold of the area, let's say a fort overrun by goblins. They're raining arrows sown on you and the only way in is the gate, where all the enemies are. So, since you still can't place or break blocks in this part of the island, you would have to rush the gate and get ganked by lots of mobs. However, if you had a siege weapon that you could use, things would be easier. So let's say that you brought with you a "Trebuchet Assembly Kit", a cumbersome item that HAS to be carried on your back like a barrel. You put it down and start assemblying it, let's say by right clicking it with a wrench. After some good wrenching, you build the trebuchet, load the shot and fire at the wall, breaching it after a few shots and giving yourself a new entry point. Of course this weapon could be destroyed by mobs, it wouldn't be indestructible. If it survived the battle you could pack it up again and bring it away, otherwise you lost the resources invested.

Otherwise, you could use a powder keg to try and blow up the wall, however the gunpowder required to breach it would be a lot, making this a really expensive (if gunpowder is still dropped by mobs) and/or endgame (if alchemy/chemistry is required to get gunpowder) option, not to mention the fact that it has a single use.

"Grenades"

Spoiler

The player could small pots of clay, then he could fill these pots with various items and fluids. He could, for example, fill them with sand for blinding opponents and extinguishing fires, or water for firefighting while also having damage against fire mobs. He could fill them with gunpowder and add a fuse to make bombs, adding small stones or glass shards for shrapnel. He could add oil and a fuse to make greek fire, or simply have pots full of oil and then setting the enemy on fire with a fire arrow or an enchanted weapon (or a torch, if he's poor). He could also make (later on) "special" pots that could contain acid or even magma. If one has the inclination to do so, one might even fill a pot with carnivore bugs and throw it on an enemy.