Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

[0.2.4] TFC2 Prerelease

490 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2017 at 3:17 PM, Bioxx said:

Pam's will be required moving forward, however it is my intention to handle all setup stuff myself so that the players only need to acquire the mod themselves. With TFC2 I am taking a much different approach and trying to not create extra burdens upon myself when it really isn't needed. Post MC1.8 development is hard enough as is, may as well let other mods carry the load where appropriate. Ofc, as you may have noticed pams food decays in true TFC style, so there is little functional difference between using her mod, and me having implemented all of the items myself. It's just a massive time saver.

As far as agenda, It's my intention to make sure that the stone age stuff is completely playable before moving on. That should include pottery and some other basics. Getting the entities that we already have added to be completely functional is also a high priority.

Keep the feedback and questions coming guys, your interest keeps me interested and motivated.

so the player can survive the first winter without any access to metal? The way I see it would make sense from a code point of view to work on each Age separately, This way you could release Upgrades to the mod with each new Age, but the game would be totally playable in between.

So in the Stone Age, the players would have access to wood constructions and hide clothing.

In the Copper Age players would have access to Stone Building and better weapons.

And so on and so forth.

I know I have always asked for more content into the Stone Age, but this time it even makes sense from the coding point of view.

Let's have a nice able to survive rich content Stone Age, before we start adding metallurgy

It's supposed to be very hard to survive in the initial stages of the game, but not impossible.

Once again thank you for this wonderful mod. It has helped to keep me sane.

Was exploring in Creative mode with JourneyMap and had the following crash:

Spoiler

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
  TFCASMLoadingPlugin ([1.11.2]TFC2-0.1.4.jar)
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Time: 4/9/17 12:03 PM
Description: Exception while ticking a block

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot get property PropertyEnum{name=wood, clazz=class com.bioxx.tfc2.api.types.WoodType, values=[Rosewood, Blackwood, Palm]} as it does not exist in BlockStateContainer{block=tfc2:log_naturalpalm, properties=[wood]}
    at net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.func_177229_b(BlockStateContainer.java:201)
    at com.bioxx.tfc2.blocks.BlockLeaves.func_180650_b(BlockLeaves.java:109)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:745)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:709)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:624)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:149)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Thread: Server thread
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.func_177229_b(BlockStateContainer.java:201)
    at com.bioxx.tfc2.blocks.BlockLeaves.func_180650_b(BlockLeaves.java:109)

-- Block being ticked --
Details:
    Block: tfc2:leaves2[fancy=true,wood=palm]
    Block location: World: (2406,74,-4040), Chunk: (at 6,4,8 in 150,-253; contains blocks 2400,0,-4048 to 2415,255,-4033), Region: (4,-8; contains chunks 128,-256 to 159,-225, blocks 2048,0,-4096 to 2559,255,-3585)
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72955_a(WorldServer.java:745)
    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:217)

-- Affected level --
Details:
    Level name: 1.11.2 TFC2
    All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['FancyCatzChris'/163, l='1.11.2 TFC2', x=2292.88, y=155.33, z=-4161.20]]
    Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 312 Drop: 0
    Level seed: -4027821444414746883
    Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true
    Level generator options: 
    Level spawn location: World: (1520,64,-5416), Chunk: (at 0,4,8 in 95,-339; contains blocks 1520,0,-5424 to 1535,255,-5409), Region: (2,-11; contains chunks 64,-352 to 95,-321, blocks 1024,0,-5632 to 1535,255,-5121)
    Level time: 20924 game time, 20924 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
    Level weather: Rain time: 48000 (now: false), thunder time: 121150 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: true
Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:709)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:624)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:149)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.11.2
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
    Java Version: 1.8.0_31, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 2938622768 bytes (2802 MB) / 4154982400 bytes (3962 MB) up to 4154982400 bytes (3962 MB)
    JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP 9.38 Powered by Forge 13.20.0.2228 9 mods loaded, 9 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
    UCHIJAAAA    minecraft{1.11.2} [Minecraft] (minecraft.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    mcp{9.19} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    forge{13.20.0.2228} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.11.2-13.20.0.2228.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    tfc2_coremod{0.0.1} [TFC2[coremod]] (minecraft.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    mercurius_updater{1.0} [mercurius_updater] (MercuriusUpdater-1.11.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    harvestcraft{1.11.2g} [Pam's HarvestCraft] (Pam's HarvestCraft 1.11.2g.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    tfc2{0.0.1} [TerraFirmaCraft 2] ([1.11.2]TFC2-0.1.4.jar) 
    UCHIJAAAA    journeymap{1.11.2-5.4.6} [JourneyMap] (journeymap-1.11.2-5.4.6.jar) 
    Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
TFCASMLoadingPlugin ([1.11.2]TFC2-0.1.4.jar)
  com.bioxx.tfc2.asm.transform.ModuleEntityRenderer
  com.bioxx.tfc2.asm.transform.ModuleWorldGen
  com.bioxx.tfc2.asm.transform.ModuleFood
    GL info: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['FancyCatzChris'/163, l='1.11.2 TFC2', x=2292.88, y=155.33, z=-4161.20]]
    Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

It seems that map will no longer load. Same crash on startup every time.

Edited by CJHKing2
grammar and added text

1 hour ago, CJHKing2 said:

Was exploring in Creative mode with JourneyMap and had the following crash:

I think Konlii reported the same crash earlier.  It seems to be a problem with the new tree types.  Probably best to not try to go to the tropics until Bioxx resolves it.

3 hours ago, TonyLiberatto said:

This is actually the way it happens in real life.

Water from the end of the stalactite leaves more calcite in a pile on the cave floor, and pretty soon a cone-like stalagmite forms. That’s why stalactites and stalagmites are usually found in pairs. Sometimes they grow together to form a pillar or column.

Read more here:https://www.kidsdiscover.com/quick-reads/how-stalactites-and-stalagmites-form/

It usually does, but it was not a thing back in TFC1.
Dunno, maybe I'm just not used to the way it's suposed to be.

Seed -6703019836230813036

• Portal at 849, -6515 goes to black void
  • River anomaly when meeting ocean (1221, -5029), (1676,-4995),(1910,-4816),(2113,-4811)

Seed -5356851023781925515

• Portal at 3112, -6919 goes to black void

Most issues I've encountered have already been reported, so I'll just say Excellent Work!

Ocean water glitches might sometimes be related to decoration spawns. I found this area with lots of broken sugar cane in it (picked most of them up before I thought to screenshot)

http://imgur.com/a/ynfwX

1 hour ago, Strait Raider said:

Ocean water glitches might sometimes be related to decoration spawns. I found this area with lots of broken sugar cane in it (picked most of them up before I thought to screenshot)

I'd guess it's due to the new sand physics.  If you hadn't noticed, sand now falls if it has *any* potential lower adjacent spot.  It's no longer supported by two or even three adjacent blocks.  All it takes is a block update.   So there's a chance that there was sand in those spots, with reeds on top, and there was a empty trench adjacent, and the whole row of sand fell into it.  Maybe.

Edited by Darmo

There's a portal right next to spawn in this seed: -4528675957464237312

The portal goes to the Paths dimensions and drops you into the void.

Are there supposed to be portals on every island?  I spent a long time looking and went all the way around the first world I created and didn't find one and so ended up creating new worlds until one was near spawn.

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but streams and rivers have an issue with beaches where the sand is higher than the water level.  The water will go up to be level with the sand instead of carving a small ravine through it.  This happens all over the place so I'll be surprised if it hasn't been mentioned already.

stream.png

1 hour ago, Darmo said:

I'd guess it's due to the new sand physics.  If you hadn't noticed, sand now falls if it has *any* potential lower adjacent spot.  It's no longer supported by two or even three adjacent blocks.  All it takes is a block update.   So there's a chance that there was sand in those spots, with reeds on top, and there was a empty trench adjacent, and the whole row of sand fell into it.  Maybe.

Yeah, when I start a new world I just stand motionless on the beach for a minute to wait for all of the sand in the nearby ocean to settle down.  Otherwise there is a massive amount of lag in dropping and picking up items.

If I go down into the water after, I can pick up tons of sand that popped out into item form during the landslide.

Love the rivers too - the world gen is looking great!

After a few days of heavy coding, I mostly took the weekend off but I'm back into fixing stuff now before I close out the night. I want to say that I really appreciate the response from everyone so far. I know that there are still a TON of broken things but the ability to get feedback and have you guys focus me in on issues to work on and mechanics to improve has truly been invaluable for getting my butt into gear. I'll keep working hard.

The next update will have some pretty sweeping changes to island shapes. As has been pointed out a few times, we have a real problem with orphan islands creating bad spawn locations. In addition, portals can potentially spawn on those islands making them virtually impossible to access. As a result, I'm imposing a min and max circle to islands. This ends up making the islands more round which unfortunately makes them slightly less natural looking when viewed from space, but it DOES solve 95% of the orphan islands issues. HERE is an example. What I did to fix them up a bit was to make the size of the circles fluctuate based on some 1 dimensional noise and the angle from the center of the map. This makes the island edges more jaggy and causes more bays and peninsulas to form. Overall I think it still looks quite good. If you would like to generate your own images like this use the following command "/pi biome <filename>" and a png will output to your minecraft directory. Note: In the next patch, this will require that you be in creative mode.

I've also cleared up some Portal bugs and will have a number of other misc bugs fixed (hopefully more than I create).

A note on stalactites, I think they'll look better once I add some variation to their size perhaps.

I'd also like to point out that SubTropical and SubPolar climate zones may be replaced by Temperate. This is not a bug if you go north or south from the spawn island and come across another temperate island.

10 minutes ago, The0newithnogame said:

forgive my ignorance, on the image Bioxx linked to, what are the yellow and red hexes?

I'm going to guess yellow is gates (note there are four), and red is maybe a dungeon?

Just LOVE the trees and streams. Have seen some pretty amazing sights in TFC2 so far:

31PX8XA.png

zGlnjqJ.png

Jn6pt1b.png

rROnsRW.png

Edited by CJHKing2

39 minutes ago, The0newithnogame said:

forgive my ignorance, on the image Bioxx linked to, what are the yellow and red hexes?

Looks like red is worldspawn.

Interesting that those "special" hexes are all on the coast, though...

I noticed that when you pick up a grass block, it is quite large in your hand and grey; stone block shown as last image for comparison.

Spoiler

yOxCueJ.png

FzOwkKf.png

sxIIASE.png

On 4/6/2017 at 6:23 PM, Bioxx said:

Making it do 0 damage seems like it would be even more confusing than just taking away the ability at all. Bears will be auto aggro in the future so its not really an issue about aggroing. It's something that I'm going to leave in place and we'll see. Should give more incentive to use a knife or axe to defend yourself. Although many of the entities use tfc1 levels of health atm (1000+) so they might be nearly unkillable.

Thinking about it, removing the ability to punch entities with an empty main hand does offer some interesting possibilities.  Such as separate special actions when left and right clicking an entity when both hands are empty.  Or perhaps a special action when holding certain items in the offhand and nothing in the main hand.  Maybe you need to have an empty main hand and hold left click to grab entities (like sheep) before you are allowed to perform the item action in your offhand (like shearing the sheep).  Following the sheep idea, have all animals lead-able, but only tame animals grabbable?

This decision has potential.

Edited by Konlii

1 hour ago, natsuarashi said:

Did the river made a circle at the south of the island?

It would appear so. Bit of an issue with hexes that generate at the exact same elevation. luckily it shouldn't happens very often so I won't bother spending time on that.

Yay! Playable pre-alpha :D

My very first map - the "heart" of the island was on a high cliff, not accessible from anywhere on the beach. Luckily there were a few low hexes with trees, which I chopped and used for stairs. But I don't know if this kind of inaccesible terrain is intentional or not?

Other than that, only one little bug - sometimes chopping one kind of tree chops a few logs from another kind nearby.

Going off to generate more maps now...

That map you posted Bioxx, I see on the southwest there appears to be a tributary system with 6 sources?!  I'm wondering if it's 7 blocks wide at the end.  I would love to have that seed, to check that out.  I've never seen more than three steams feed together I think.   Do the hexes track the steam size?  So in theory, if water wheels were a thing, could one require they be built in a 'level 3' or greater stream hex in order to work?  Level being the number of sources contributing?  Or one big lake-to-ocean river, which from what I've seen would be level 7 in size?  That way a player couldn't just build them on any old water source...

Edited by Darmo

@Darmo indeed the hexes know everything about themselves, including if they have a river and how big this river is. There is a maximum limit to river size because we don't want them to be bigger than the hex itself, but they can become quite wide. So yes in answer to your question, that would work perfectly. You'd just query the nearest hex and check its properties. 

That, I might add, is something that isn't really possible in vanilla worldgen because it has comparatively little data about itself or its surroundings.

On this starter island (-9188109869299542264), the portal closest to world spawn goes to a void, and if you do the /pi biome you get a map with the red spawn way out in the ocean. So there is a place, you just can't see it?

Also, at island cords 903, 2280 there is a broken river.

some things i found when trying the 0.1.0 alpha, crashed when exiting the paths dim, but that has probably been dealt with as the latest is 0.1.4 and not 0.1.0 lol. 

Edited by Mathias Ademar
Forgot how to embed images and didnt feel like fighting with imgur. lol