Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

[0.2.4] TFC2 Prerelease

490 posts in this topic

So having generated several biome maps, I discovered that the island layouts are exactly the same east-west.  All internal swamps and lakes are also exactly the same.  Portal locations differ (the red hexes are just the hex you're in when you generate the map), and rivers and heights are different, though for all I know the heights may have to do with the islands having different terrain features.   It also generated the spawn island biome map to look like desert, when it in fact was not desert.  World seed is  -3064229721071771081.  The middle series of islands in this map has the largest swamp I've seen yet, btw.  Has several trees scattered out in the swamp, which I think is good and should perhaps happen more.

Spoiler

teleportingCOMPOSITE-Smaller.jpg

Also, when rivers enter swamps, there's some rough voids that go on.  I know water issues aren't a high priority, but just thought this might have more to do with the swamp generation, than with water behavior itself.

Spoiler

2017-04-10_23.16.20.png

2017-04-10_23.11.30.png

I know that the island issue is fixed in 0.1.5 and I think the swamp issue is as well. Will be publishing this update in a few.

I don't know if there's a trick to getting water to flow during worldgen but I ended up on an island with short cliffs into the ocean in many places and where the streams ran to the edge they didn't flow over the edge.

I love the rapid fire updates and I'm really looking forward to this mod when it gets fleshed out more.  I love the concepts and the terrain is already beautiful.

water not falling.png

so i am happy that you are utilizing other mods like pam's, so as you don't have to do as much work. and i don't know where agriculture lies on your todo lists of tiers(since i saw you were focusing on the stone age before move to different ages), and you may, or may not(i don't mind either way), want to add a few foods to catch it up to what tfc 1 used to be. i did some checking and pam's does not have everything that tfc 1 had

Specifically:

Green apple
Green Bean(pam's does have peas or/and beans but no GREEN beans...... i don't know how much naming matters)
red bellpepper
yellow bellpepper(Pam's has only a normal bellpepper)
horse Meat
wintergreen berries
bunch Berries
Snow berries
Elder Berries
Goose berries
Cloud berries

http://imgur.com/dJ4jMj9 compared to http://imgur.com/2dJZXPD

as you can see, even though there are some missing they are minor and mainly sub types (green this, <color> that, and a few berries) also to help Pam's harvestcraft's case it does have a lot of base foods(non-crafted stuff) that wasn't there in the first place.

http://imgur.com/Ei5FGhj

can't wait to see if(probably a very BIG IF) you re-implement the taste mechanic and how it would work with Pam's meals

Tried newest version - go to portal, died in void and food still disapears. Is this still supposed to happen? ^^

5 hours ago, Narmo said:

Tried newest version - go to portal, died in void and food still disapears. Is this still supposed to happen? ^^

Logic would dictate that as a "no". I would assume those particular bugs are just very ingrained into the code due to the particular way bioxx is doing various things related to them.

Edited by Mathias Ademar

7 hours ago, Allekatrase said:

I don't know if there's a trick to getting water to flow during worldgen but I ended up on an island with short cliffs into the ocean in many places and where the streams ran to the edge they didn't flow over the edge.

Is that a freshwater lake, or the ocean?   I like it whatever it  is.  I think it's good to have something other than beach sometimes.

1 hour ago, Darmo said:

Is that a freshwater lake, or the ocean?   I like it whatever it  is.  I think it's good to have something other than beach sometimes.

It's the ocean.  There were streams running to the edge all over the place but they all stopped, defying physics instead of being waterfalls.  The next island I went to was almost entirely covered with desert highlands but had green valleys with lakes and streams cutting through it.  It looked amazing.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the second island I went to in that world.

Spoiler

H75GYHS.png

The hexes are pretty visible but I think I read that it's likely that Bioxx is going to introduce some noise to blend those out a bit.  Either way I think it looks amazing.

Edited by Allekatrase
screenshot

This seed hangs on world creation. Waited, waited, and waited some more... Restarted my PC, "re-created" the map, so it would start fresh, waited... went to make some coffe. Nope. No go.

I'm posting it here, might turn useful for debbuging purposes.

1 hour ago, Allekatrase said:

It's the ocean.  There were streams running to the edge all over the place but they all stopped, defying physics instead of being waterfalls.  The next island I went to was almost entirely covered with desert highlands but had green valleys with lakes and streams cutting through it.  It looked amazing.

Ya, Bioxx has already said that the water not falling thing is more a problem with vanilla water mechanics and is low priority.  You can force it to update by just replacing a piece of water with a torch or something.  So really it's fixable by the player, in areas where it's important to them.

I agree the desert valleys are pretty nice.  It looks like those two streams in your picture did their falling water pretty well.  I too kind of hope there's be some sand noise introduced around the edges of the green hexes.  Not a huge deal though.  What bugs me more is that the trees  that show up in desert valley hexes sometimes seem very at odds with the desert.  You picture in particular captures it for me - I'm not aware of anywhere that conifers like that grow near sandy desert environs.  They're usually more stunted I think.  If not already the case, I'd suggest restricting desert island trees to the smallest size category, if nothing else.  Now if there is ever a 'badlands' island type (or sub-area of desert islands) that would go better with more trees I think

@MiaMia  I actually love the grass on stone.  It's a bit like moss.  I think it tends to blend things better, so it's not always stark differences.

6 minutes ago, Darmo said:

@MiaMia  I actually love the grass on stone.  It's a bit like moss.  I think it tends to blend things better, so it's not always stark differences.

I can agree about green grass texture on top of a stone block, maybe some texture pack makers might even make it really mossy. But not actual standing grass blades - those have no place on stone imho. What would they grow on?

In other news - every third or fourth seed hangs my minecraft (and sometimes it's fresh after resetting windows, which I do a lot of with this alpha). But those playable are fun. I decided to try to stay longer with one and build a house. Pity there's no thatch - no way to hide entrance.

3 minutes ago, MiaMia said:

I can agree about green grass texture on top of a stone block, maybe some texture pack makers might even make it really mossy. But not actual standing grass blades - those have no place on stone imho. What would they grow on?

They grow like this:

Spoiler

grass_on_stones_0008_01_preview.jpg

17 minutes ago, Darmo said:

What bugs me more is that the trees  that show up in desert valley hexes sometimes seem very at odds with the desert.  You picture in particular captures it for me - I'm not aware of anywhere that conifers like that grow near sandy desert environs.  They're usually more stunted I think.  If not already the case, I'd suggest restricting desert island trees to the smallest size category, if nothing else.

I haven't said anything about deserts since they're so clearly not finished, but yeah if there are conifers in a sandy area like that I think juniper trees are really the only ones that make sense.

Okay, this one is kinda fun :D

I wanted to build a house out of hickory logs facing their top/bottom side inside the house. I built ceiling out of some other wood, one level higher and started filling it with hickory facing down. But when I try to place next hickory block in a corner with existing ones, more often than not it will fall down ... as a few sticks. I even managed to catch it ;)

3xK15xZ.png

Edited by MiaMia

17 minutes ago, MiaMia said:

Okay, this one is kinda fun :D

I wanted to build a house out of hickory logs facing their top/bottom side inside the house. I built ceiling out of some other wood, one level higher and started filling it with hickory facing down. But when I try to place next hickory block in a corner with existing ones, more often than not it will fall down ... as a few sticks. I even managed to catch it ;)

I think that might just be how the block physics are supposed to work for wood?  At least for now.

Gonna point you to this post if you haven't already seen it.

Yeah, I figured this might be that. But... what is good for Ancient Rome, is good for Minecraft too. Finished house:

K3Dins5.png

Hello

Can we make a server with this version ? And which version or forge i have to take ? Couldron ?

Thank you for your reply.

3 hours ago, MiaMia said:

Hmm... grass on stone? :)

JdDIQF5.png

I believe that is a feature, when weeds and such grow on a hard surface they will clump together to form a sort of dirt/waste clump. I think that is what Bioxx is going for.

26 minutes ago, Christelleb75 said:

Hello

Can we make a server with this version ? And which version or forge i have to take ? Couldron ?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is working with MP and you can use the latest 1.11.2 Forge.

Edited by MrBlack

48 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I believe that is a feature, when weeds and such grow on a hard surface they will clump together to form a sort of dirt/waste clump. I think that is what Bioxx is going for.

Yes indeed. Maybe when we get more art for type of vegetation, we can change it up a bit, but for now the effect is intended.

3 hours ago, MiaMia said:

This seed hangs on world creation. Waited, waited, and waited some more... Restarted my PC, "re-created" the map, so it would start fresh, waited... went to make some coffe. Nope. No go.

I'm posting it here, might turn useful for debbuging purposes.

Didn't hang for me but was certainly much slower to load than expected. The culprit is probably trees.

11 hours ago, Redsm97 said:

so i am happy that you are utilizing other mods like pam's, so as you don't have to do as much work. and i don't know where agriculture lies on your todo lists of tiers(since i saw you were focusing on the stone age before move to different ages), and you may, or may not(i don't mind either way), want to add a few foods to catch it up to what tfc 1 used to be. i did some checking and pam's does not have everything that tfc 1 had

I probably will not be adding any TFC specific foods. There are a number of things that I may end up doing to change pams stuff around but I've got no intention of diving down the food rabbit hole again.

Played the heck out of TFC.  Absolutely loved it.  Ran my own server. 6 of us played in it routinely, others came and went.  But we absolutely had a great time with it.  Been watching the forum and waiting patiently for TFC 2.  Am happy to see this Alpha pre-release. Will be happy to help with play testing.

Getting a 404 error from your Drop Box link for 0.1.5.

Here are my notes from 0.1.4, which is only the things I haven't seen others talk about in this thread:

Water Bottles
Was fishing, caught a Water Bottle. Can fill water bottle from ocean and fresh water. Can drink fresh water from the water bottle until it is empty, but it does not satisfy thirst; i.e. Blue Thirst Bar does not fill.

Fire Pit Issues
Can not make torches or cook food. Can build fire pit. Only certain logs will cause the fire animation and heat the item placed in the top box. Food and Sticks will all warm to 350 degrees but the process never completes.  That is to say that the item is not moved from the top box to the box on the right; the food does not finish cooking and the sticks do not turn into torches.

Gardens
Pam's Harvest gardens do not spread and can only be placed in specific areas.  I have not figured out what the specifics are, but they can not be placed in land processed with a hoe, and not all grass plots.  Only certain ones.  But I can't figure out what those grass plots have in common.

Farm Land
The Hoe'd land/farm land is returning to dirt after x amount of time and the crop that was planted pops out and floats above the dirt.  Which is fine if there is a watering mechanic.  But when I pick up the floating item it disappears and does not show up in my inventory. When I harvest a crop the harvested items appear and float above the farm land.  I can pick those up and find them in my inventory.

Crafting Sticks
If you open the player inventory and place planks in the left two boxes you can pick up 4 sticks in the right box. When you pick up the 4 sticks you do get them and can place them in your inventory, however, the number of planks in both of the left two boxes doubles.  So, you put 4 planks in the left two boxes (top and bottom) pick out the 4 sticks and you will now have 8 planks in the left two boxes. Pick up 4 more sticks and you will have 16 planks in each of the left two boxes, etc...

Hope this helps.

Do you want me to start a new world for 0.1.5 testing, or keep on going with the 0.1.4 world while running 0.1.5?

Keep up the good work,

Popsicle.

Edited by Popsicle
typo's

Can't DL the latest release is a new one enroute?

More 0.1.4 Stuff

Armor Slots
I caught a pair of Leather Boots while fishing.  Seems there is a lot of junk in the ocean.  Have caught many things.  But as for the Boots and Armor, in the player Inventory the armor slots appear to be in the wrong order. From top to bottom they are Feet, Legs, Chest, Head. They were Head, Chest, Legs, Feet, in TFC. I put the boots in the current Feet slot and they also show up in the Shield slot in the bottom right of the character profile. And they are also in my left hand. I do not know how to see if they are actually providing me with additional armor.

Max Health
At Level 17 my Max Health is now 21.7   But while I was fishing I watched it go down from 22 to 21.7. I had 1.5 segments of Hunger and Thirst was 4.5.  But I could have sworn that at Level 13 it was 25 or 27.  Okay, paying more attention, Max Health and Current Health decrease as the Thirst bar empties. It looks like they both  decrease .1 for every segment that the Thirst bar goes down.  And they continue to decrease once the Thirst bar is completely empty. To be clear, on the Health Bar there are two numbers, at first spawn they are 20.0/20.0   As the Thirst Bar goes down both numbers decrease by .1 and the red Health bar stays full because the current and max health are the same number.

Leaf decay in 0.1.5 is not 100% perfect, but it is leaps and bounds better than it was before.

I am having a problem where I created a world, it loaded up, but then I just hang in the air with no terrain.  Just the sun and moon forever orbiting me.  I can open my inventory and look around, but cannot actually do anything and commands don't seem to work, either.  Then when I try to exit the game Java crashes.  Not Minecraft, but Java itself, so no Minecraft crash reports.

I recreated the world using the same seed and it happened again.

Seed: 7797571651033916966

EDIT:

This particular configuration of spruce seems to have a problem with leftover log blocks after chopping.

Spoiler

Before chopping:

2017-04-11_21.58.59.png

After chopping:

2017-04-11_22.00.31.png

Edited by Konlii

There was this little bump in the river and I don't know why and I think it's a bug!

2017-04-06_19.40.05_cut.jpg

Edited by CtrlAltDavid

The Dropbox link is 404'd could you please fix the link or has it been moved?