Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

stuff and things

No, simply because they would have to put in a new crafting recipe for each possible permutation of that pattern in the grid

Large patterns like the shovel might need only 6 or so new recipes added, but something like the knife could require dozens

Also, I think you should be able to fuck up knapping

you ever try to shape a rock with another rock? it's hard as balls and half the time you just end up cracking the rock in half

No, simply because they would have to put in a new crafting recipe for each possible permutation of that pattern in the grid

Large patterns like the shovel might need only 6 or so new recipes added, but something like the knife could require dozens

you ever try to shape a rock with another rock? it's hard as balls and half the time you just end up cracking the rock in half

That's true. Well, i suppose i just said that because i'm still a little bad at knapping and half of the times i end up wasting rocks -.- more of a complain than something really well though...

Multiple stages of brokenness for each rock-tile in the knapping GUI (ie: fine -> cracked -> really cracked -> broken), semi-randomly generated tiles on opening of GUI, knapping a tile knaps the four adjacent (plus shape) tiles. Some rocks would be doomed to fail, and user error might screw a knap, but the idea should generally work most of the time as long as you work from the outside, in. You could also make it so that sixteen (example) strikes consumes a stone from your inventory (as long as you had more you could continue knapping though) to really add pressure, but that might not be as viable in my head as it is in practice.

Feel free to run with that idea if you think it's unsatisfactory.

There's already a smoothing setting, and slopes in minecraft are blasphemy

adding the heiroglyphs tho - I love little aesthetic channges like that :3

They pop off like that because horiz. supports are supposed to go on TOP of vert. ones. Not to the side.

Supports by design pop away if you place them where they don't belong.

In essence, H= will not work, but

=

H will

i would still like to see it so you could place a vertical support on top of a horizontal support

it would help me build interesting mining structures like this one

(btw this is a mine head frame for a shaft)

Posted Image

Multiple stages of brokenness for each rock-tile in the knapping GUI (ie: fine -> cracked -> really cracked -> broken), semi-randomly generated tiles on opening of GUI, knapping a tile knaps the four adjacent (plus shape) tiles. Some rocks would be doomed to fail, and user error might screw a knap, but the idea should generally work most of the time as long as you work from the outside, in. You could also make it so that sixteen (example) strikes consumes a stone from your inventory (as long as you had more you could continue knapping though) to really add pressure, but that might not be as viable in my head as it is in practice.

Feel free to run with that idea if you think it's unsatisfactory.

Give it its on thread dude, too big for here

i would still like to see it so you could place a vertical support on top of a horizontal support

it would help me build interesting mining structures like this one

(btw this is a mine head frame for a shaft)

Posted Image

o_o well gee.

Um, that has diagonals in it tho...

o_o well gee.

Um, that has diagonals in it tho...

diagonals aren't so bad...

diagonals aren't so bad...

but how would he make them in here

Yes to all. Instead of sand being harder to dig, the 8 or 4 blocks (and only them, no other updates) surrounding it decrease their size and fill in the hole.

but how would he make them in here

don't worry i figured out a way of doing it :)

now to build a working "mill" fed by the ore shute

Yes to all. Instead of sand being harder to dig, the 8 or 4 blocks (and only them, no other updates) surrounding it decrease their size and fill in the hole.

That's a fairly big chunk of code to add to the physics.

Should probly be in a thread of its own, although I think it may have been suggested and shot down already. Not 100% on that

* Increase skeletons reaction time and lower the accuracy. Those damn snipers are making successful shots in my head, flying past my 1x1 open window with a decent speed (when they accidentally fall from my roof).

* Does the skeleton only have 1-2 bones, or mmm, it is a damn walking bone pile?

* I know - you will not like it, but: lets somehow make undead very resistant to piercing damage (as in the DF, they have no organs to penetrate).

* The skeleton should have a chance to not interfere with arrow or just musdirect it - it has a damn holes between bones, doesn't it? It also should have a chance do not receive damage from incoming spear - it will stuck between ribs.

* It should very rarely DO NOT drop a bow - unless its completely broken.

* The bow dropped should be in a bad state - rarely over 50%. Time knows no mercy.

* OK, where are arrows? Maybe, drop at least 4-5?

* Weakness to crushing damage. Blades worse than (wrought?) iron should inflict less damage. Otherwise, count as mace.

* And, tu-dum, ARMORED SKELETONS *trollface*, which have decreased their weakness to mighty blow.

Now about zombies.

* On very rarely occasions, an armed pack leading with captain, dressed in some iron/steel - or centurion - in bronse cuirass - should spawn. Those who say "metal in early game! no!" - you'd better run. Although, if somehow you get them... hm, killed you will receive a good reward. Trust me, dealing with it is like making the hedgedog fear using your naked ass.

* Same weaknesses, as I propose for skeletons - zombie has no vital organs to pierce, will suffer to damage from cut (unless bone is cut or broken).

And those creepy things.

* Arrows should do almost no damage. When a spiked creeper blows up, it should throw the arrows out, just in your face :blink:

* Slashing is the key to kill, crushing is the way to fail.

Spiders.

* Just as creeper (slightly different resistances) - the exoskeleton protects it from piersing, crushing do less damage (assuming no open wound), slashing will do the trick - spider has an inner "hydropneumatic" system to move its legs and cutting it makes it moving slower.

That system should make even SSP moar interesting and hardcore.

P.S.: Then I started, I thought it will be a short post about skeletons reaction. ^_^

Also, it will be good if less-valued pickaxes will be able to mine only certain categories of ore (maybe, Tier +2) - and the +2 ore will be lost periodically due to crumbling from strikes.

Maybe, same method is good for a trees - let's imagine, that your not-so-durable stone axe will break after 2-3 maples cut down.

Also, it will be good if less-valued pickaxes will be able to mine only certain categories of ore (maybe, Tier +2) - and the +2 ore will be lost periodically due to crumbling from strikes.

Maybe, same method is good for a trees - let's imagine, that your not-so-durable stone axe will break after 2-3 maples cut down.

i think someone elce thought of this first, but i am not on board.

what happens if you find a MASSIVE vein of ore and your tool can t mine it >.<

with current ore gen, i am staying with the current system

Let's think about gathering ore, you are mining the stone around it, not the actual metal :/ so anything better than stone should mine any ore.

"Make the knapping GUI smarter, so the recipes only need the pattern to be the same as the tool you want to make, and don't need to be centered."

Well actually doesn't it work with a hammer? I remember I made a mistake so I "shifted" the recipe (as in i just sucked it up and made it again) one block lower, and it worked fine. I haven't tried it with a hoe (seeing as those can be shifted vertically, while a shovel cannot) yet though.

mobs and stuff

These are not tiny tweaks. This should have its own thread.

Also, most of these have already been proposed before, and many of them have already been confirmed.

Next.

Well actually doesn't it work with a hammer? I remember I made a mistake so I "shifted" the recipe (as in i just sucked it up and made it again) one block lower, and it worked fine. I haven't tried it with a hoe (seeing as those can be shifted vertically, while a shovel cannot) yet though.

What i meant was that, logically, making the hammer form sideways should still give you a hammer head. In the way you said, it works with the knife too -which you can make with the blade at the left or the right, and in any place of the knapping grid-. I was initially only refering to shovels -since you can only make them centered-, then realized it should work that way with every single tool. And the idea was rejected for gameplay purposes : so, i don't really see a point in arguing about it any more.

A way to place or ensconce a torch on a support beam.

Completely secondary and likely to earn me hate: finite torches. They go out over time, have a usage meter, something. Can be relit with another torch or a special knapping recipe. This opens the door to:

Other light sources: Basic Lamps, Candles, anything. I've played minecraft for years and if there's anyone who I believe can finally remedy the technological disparity between my ornate stone structures and a stick I caught on fire, it's Bioxx. Even without finite torches, just something.

A way to place or ensconce a torch on a support beam.

Completely secondary and likely to earn me hate: finite torches. They go out over time, have a usage meter, something. Can be relit with another torch or a special knapping recipe. This opens the door to:

Other light sources: Basic Lamps, Candles, anything. I've played minecraft for years and if there's anyone who I believe can finally remedy the technological disparity between my ornate stone structures and a stick I caught on fire, it's Bioxx. Even without finite torches, just something.

This seems like a tweak, true, however this does raise implications and consequences that deserve deep discussion. For example, if we want candles we need wax (bees) or tallow (butchery). Lamps use either oil (need some means of rendering it down), candles (see previous), or electricity (not happening).

Needs its own thread dude.

Placing blocks directly on logpiles by pressing shift (similar to the crafting table and vanilla furnace)

Placing blocks directly on logpiles by pressing shift (similar to the crafting table and vanilla furnace)

...can't you already do that? I'm pretty sure I have

Has the idea of the saw being used to harvest log blocks themselves instead of log items for construction purposes been mentioned? Gotta get my log cabin on.

Has the idea of the saw being used to harvest log blocks themselves instead of log items for construction purposes been mentioned? Gotta get my log cabin on.

- Chopping tree with saw gives log blocks

Yyyyyyep

I'll just hijack that other knapping thread. I don't think this is really significant enough to warrant a whole thread. :U

I have a list of my own:

-craft button mabey: redstone with stone?

-craft piston: same as before but with stone and planks.

-I think the chest is too small.

-faggots: 8 sticks with 1 string?

-crafting a iron door/ other types of doors?

-bonemeal should speed up growth of plants.

-passive mobs should have less health: should be insta kill (grab the neck and slit the throaght).

-charcoal piles should update blocks around them when changing into charcoal.

-make some way to limit forge temperature so you can heat ingots at the same time while working with others.

-some way to see how long an animal is into its pregnancy.

please tell me what you think of these suggestions