Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

damnit, I was looking for that quote. could not find XD

Four to six liters of water or other liquids are generally required each day in the wilderness to avoid dehydration and to keep the body functioning properly

next sentence, same link, (thanks for providing the answer

an X^2 method of hunger degrading? +11412524332

should be roughly set up so it takes about 7 days to entirely starve to death.

same with water... 3 days on that one.

a*x-t

I forget the term for the curve, so I just think of it as X^2. ;P

How about 100(0.3)^x - x

x is days since full hunger. 100 is full hunger.

I don't know how many days you would last on that.

Also more negative effects should exist for being hungry. That way you should still have to eat every day. Also, meals need durability, so you can eat them in parts.

>6+ pages of unchecked suggestions

ugh...

...fuck it. Dunk, feel free to update the OP as necessary with the good ones

I just don't have the time anymore

:(

but your good with this.

dun leave

Tweak - Obsidian is no longer created in its old form, Obsidian can now Spawn ontop of lava. It looks like a Stone but with a Obsidian Skin.

Tweak - Right clicking while holding a book will open the Book and Quill menu, If you do not have a Ink Well that is full of ink as well as a Feather the menu will not open. For every letter it takes 1 durability from the ink well.

Tweak - When you place a Sign it doesnt instantly open the menu it just places the sign. Right clicking a sign, you can open its menu assuming you have a Ink well and feather. For every letter it akes 3 durability from the ink well.

Tweak - Theres a new mode for the Chisel called Hieroglyph mode, In this mode if you have a Hammer in your inventory you can write on rock like you can on a sign.

Tweak - If a Creeper is following you and is within 3 blocks of you they will start to blow them selves up. If a creeper falls far he will blow up when he hits the ground instead of just dieing. If you look a Creeper in the eyes he will charge you. Creepers will avoid water but if theres no other way to get you they will go into it.

Tweak - Squids are now Neutral until approched where they will attack you and stick to you constantly doing damage until you kill it (Think metroids stuck to your chest).

Tweak - Bats now spawn in Caves and Ravines. Bats are not agressive but annoying and can do damage while swarming around in the cave after being disturbed. 9 times out of 10 Bats will spawn in their Sleep State hanging upside-down on the ceiling. You can disturb them by just getting close to them.

Tweak - Stews and Meals should start losing its bonuses the hotter they get, even cooling them down it should still have its penalties making it so overcooking them isent an option.

Tweak - Ability to place Tool Racks on Crafting Tables.

Tweak - Mushrooms should be edible. Red Mushrooms should be poisonous.

Tweak - Beds would be colored dependant on the wool used to make them. You cannot mix and match wool to make Bed.

Tweak - Make Mobs only Spawn Underground and in Dungeons not Just Dungeons.

Group - Armor and Tools can be made out of All materials but some Armors and Tools are horrible and useless.

New Block - Barrel, You can store up to 8 buckets of any 1 liquid in a Barrel. Right clicking on it will open its interface unless you have a bucket in which you will either dump the bucket into the barrel or fill the bucket with the barrels contents (Im leaving this open ended so the creators can use this for Fermenting and Distilling of Alchohol)..

New Item - Ink Well, Ink Wells are used for writing.

New Item - Clay Chunk, This is created by putting 4 clay into the crafting table.

New Item - Clay Brick, Clay Bricks are unfired Bricks. Bricks are used to make Brick blocks.

New Item - Clay Flower Pots, Clay Flower Pots are unfired Flower Pots.

New Function - When in a Small Inclosed space with no way for the air to escape, you will slowly run out of air and die from suffication just like being underwater.

New Function - By putting 2 Clay Chunks into the Crafting Table you would open up the Kneeding menu, The Kneeding menu is like the Knapping menu. Most clay things are made in the Kneeding menu including the Clay Mould.

New Function - Ive seen a Path Finding mod which extends the AI so far along that it makes Mobs very scary, I think that you Should Implement Path finding especially for Creepers.

New Function - Creepers can Trigger a Collapse if it Breaks a Support Beam.

New Function - If you are in the Rain for Too long you will get sick which will give you Slowness, Hunger and Slowly Depleting Health. It can be cured by eating lots of soup, Note that Curing your self requires 14 Bowls of Soup and you can only have 3 Bowls of Soup Per Day. It will go away on its own if you have not died after 2 weeks.

New Function - Temperature Bar, If its too cold you'll get frostbite, too hot you will be slowed.

New Function - Knives have 3 modes, Food Preparation, Slab and Stairs. This would allow the Knife to be used to Whittle Plank Blocks into what ever you Desire.

New Function - Blood Moon, Rarely a Blood Moon which will lengthen the night by 3 times as long as well as make Underground Mobs spawn above ground and excessively.

Tweak - Obsidian is no longer created in its old form, Obsidian can now Spawn ontop of lava. It looks like a Stone but with a Obsidian Skin.

Tweak - Right clicking while holding a book will open the Book and Quill menu, If you do not have a Ink Well that is full of ink as well as a Feather the menu will not open. For every letter it takes 1 durability from the ink well.

Tweak - When you place a Sign it doesnt instantly open the menu it just places the sign. Right clicking a sign, you can open its menu assuming you have a Ink well and feather. For every letter it akes 3 durability from the ink well.

Tweak - Theres a new mode for the Chisel called Hieroglyph mode, In this mode if you have a Hammer in your inventory you can write on rock like you can on a sign.

Tweak - If a Creeper is following you and is within 3 blocks of you they will start to blow them selves up. If a creeper falls far he will blow up when he hits the ground instead of just dieing. If you look a Creeper in the eyes he will charge you. Creepers will avoid water but if theres no other way to get you they will go into it.

Tweak - Squids are now Neutral until approched where they will attack you and stick to you constantly doing damage until you kill it (Think metroids stuck to your chest).

Tweak - Bats now spawn in Caves and Ravines. Bats are not agressive but annoying and can do damage while swarming around in the cave after being disturbed. 9 times out of 10 Bats will spawn in their Sleep State hanging upside-down on the ceiling. You can disturb them by just getting close to them.

Tweak - Stews and Meals should start losing its bonuses the hotter they get, even cooling them down it should still have its penalties making it so overcooking them isent an option.

Tweak - Ability to place Tool Racks on Crafting Tables.

Tweak - Mushrooms should be edible. Red Mushrooms should be poisonous.

Tweak - Beds would be colored dependant on the wool used to make them. You cannot mix and match wool to make Bed.

Tweak - Make Mobs only Spawn Underground and in Dungeons not Just Dungeons.

Group - Armor and Tools can be made out of All materials but some Armors and Tools are horrible and useless.

New Block - Barrel, You can store up to 8 buckets of any 1 liquid in a Barrel. Right clicking on it will open its interface unless you have a bucket in which you will either dump the bucket into the barrel or fill the bucket with the barrels contents (Im leaving this open ended so the creators can use this for Fermenting and Distilling of Alchohol)..

New Item - Ink Well, Ink Wells are used for writing.

New Item - Clay Chunk, This is created by putting 4 clay into the crafting table.

New Item - Clay Brick, Clay Bricks are unfired Bricks. Bricks are used to make Brick blocks.

New Item - Clay Flower Pots, Clay Flower Pots are unfired Flower Pots.

New Function - When in a Small Inclosed space with no way for the air to escape, you will slowly run out of air and die from suffication just like being underwater.

New Function - By putting 2 Clay Chunks into the Crafting Table you would open up the Kneeding menu, The Kneeding menu is like the Knapping menu. Most clay things are made in the Kneeding menu including the Clay Mould.

New Function - Ive seen a Path Finding mod which extends the AI so far along that it makes Mobs very scary, I think that you Should Implement Path finding especially for Creepers.

New Function - Creepers can Trigger a Collapse if it Breaks a Support Beam.

New Function - If you are in the Rain for Too long you will get sick which will give you Slowness, Hunger and Slowly Depleting Health. It can be cured by eating lots of soup, Note that Curing your self requires 14 Bowls of Soup and you can only have 3 Bowls of Soup Per Day. It will go away on its own if you have not died after 2 weeks.

New Function - Temperature Bar, If its too cold you'll get frostbite, too hot you will be slowed.

New Function - Knives have 3 modes, Food Preparation, Slab and Stairs. This would allow the Knife to be used to Whittle Plank Blocks into what ever you Desire.

New Function - Blood Moon, Rarely a Blood Moon which will lengthen the night by 3 times as long as well as make Underground Mobs spawn above ground and excessively.

... So, the one that updates the list says he won't do it 'cause there is too much work, and you give him even MORE work ._.

(Not saying these are bad suggestions, i haven't actually readed them, but... god, they are a LOT)

A few good ones in there though, makes me wish this thread wasn't unmaintained anymore. :P

This should be a separate forum. That way, each idea would be clearly separated, and conversion wouldn't overlap.

This thread is sort of like at a dinner with lots of people when there are two interesting conversations going on at once and you want to listen to both.

I feel like we are missing out on colored glass. Why not colored glass made with Minerals :P

Why is this thread not pinned?

Okay, a few new ideas:

To make borax more useful to get flux out of dolomite, and limestone, and the like, you need to actually mine it with a hammer. Also, instead of dropping 2 flux, there would be a 20% chance of dropping one, otherwise you'd get nothing.

Because I have found borax, but why mine it? There is way more dolomite.

Why is this thread not pinned?

Okay, a few new ideas:

To make borax more useful to get flux out of dolomite, and limestone, and the like, you need to actually mine it with a hammer. Also, instead of dropping 2 flux, there would be a 20% chance of dropping one, otherwise you'd get nothing.

Because I have found borax, but why mine it? There is way more dolomite.

Thread isn't pinned because it's, in fact, dead. Or was dead for some time anyway.

And borax was added to help out with the situation when you found borax and copper, but didn't found any tier0 metals, so I believe. This tweak actually looks nice, but 20% thing is a bit harsh, I think. 50% seems more appropriate.

That would be fine as well. I just want to actually want to use my Borax, to go to the bottom of the underground river and actually try to mine it.

Also:

1. Coal should be much more efficient than charcoal, why should I mine the 5 coal veins I found when charcoal is faster and easier to get? It should either burn hotter or last longer (or both).

2. There should be large veins of cobblestone underground, to make mining harder, sort of like how there were gravel veins in vanilla, but bigger.

Technically speaking, charcoal should be better, shouldn't it? i mean, while coal can be mixed with minerals from the rocks it was in, charcoal has almost no impurities.

And gravel veins in vanilla didn't make mining harder, just annoying -__- and doing it with cobble in TFC would be even worse... At least, give 'em some logical reason to be there. Like, say, some caves have a cobblestone floor 'cause of past cave ins, and so when you find this cobblestone "veins" it's because there is a cave right above you?

Jag, that is a really good idea! Yes!

Also, one person on this forum who blacksmiths IRL was talking about how much better and hotter coal burns. Can't remember who

Oh, a one more thing that wasn't in my last post:

Very small veins of ore scattered along the walls of a cave, maybe 4 or 5 blocks, using the idea that whatever formed the cave also formed the ore. Caves need to be more lucrative to explore.

I'm really not sure about that idea, though.

That's... not a good idea. All this giant and sparse veins thing was to get away from vanilla's clasic mining technique: exploring caves. Why we have 'em? Why not?

It's main functions right now are:

-For the looks.

-To get deeper without using the pick that much.

-(Possible future feature)Being the home of monsters

-Gives you a wide surface to prospect without the need to waste pickaxes.

And that's enough for now, i think.

That would be fine as well. I just want to actually want to use my Borax, to go to the bottom of the underground river and actually try to mine it.

If you don't want, you may not use it, it's not like someone forcing you to.

why should I mine the 5 coal veins I found when charcoal is faster and easier to get? It should either burn hotter or last longer (or both).

Why shouldn't you mine it? It's relatively cheap non-renewable fuel to use in forges, where you don't really need worry about parasitic salts and minerals in melt. And how is it faster to fill charcoal pit and wait in-game day when you can just mine couple of blocks (which will happen anyway when you fell trees) and get fuel right away? In what possible universe?

2. There should be large veins of cobblestone underground, to make mining harder, sort of like how there were gravel veins in vanilla, but bigger.

Harder != longer, which is what any falling block in mineshaft ceiling does.

Transcengopher, I just want my Borax to be valuable. Also, for some reason I can get charcoal way faster than coal, especially when the coal is far away, and I heard that coal works better IRL, but I may be wrong. Also, for the last one, I can't really argue with that, except mining is supposed to take a long time. It is way to easy to get minerals now.

Anyways, my new batch of ideas:

Hunger should go down slower the lower it gets, to allow you to save food at the cost of health and sprinting (I don't know if it affects sprinting).

The more you eat a food, the less it fills you, to encourage a varied diet. It would go up again if you stop eating it. Meals wouldn't be affected.

Edit: also, at Jag, I think I agree.

Well, coal might be better in some ways, but charcoal will still be used for smelting ores. Just because charcoal has less impurities than actual coal, which has all sorts of stuff mixed within, from organic oils to metal ores.

Hunger desn't seem to affect sprinting, but thirst definitely does, and can use the same principle.

Thing with meal I don't like, it looks gamey and not believable. Steak will not give me less nutrition just because I ate steak yesterday. From the other hand, steak will give me less nutrition if I've overdone with my meal. So maybe instead of your suggestion it could be done so if you eat many items of food it will fill less. For example single steak will fill 40/100 hunger, while 2 steak at once - not 80, but only 70.

Somehow I feel like this makes meat much more preferable food, which I kind of don't like, so my suggestion itself will need some tweaks. Maybe make it so there's some number of hunger points that can be disposed of at once, and all above will be very ineffective. So player is encouraged to eat like three times a day as opposed to gulping down huge chunks of food when satiation is dangerously low.

The problem I have with food is that I have stacks of cooked eggs and this is all I need. We could add a very realistic nutrition system, or we could go with gameplay and just make variety good in your diet.

There is a way of purifying coal into Coke, which is actually preferred in smelting over charcoal... It's a item in the creative inventory already so it must be a planned feature

Can we craft ink from charcoal somehow? It's how India ink's been made since a few millennia BC, and it means you wouldn't be constantly depopulating squid populations. You could even make it take a hammer to pulverize, or a quern to grind. But anything would be great.

Hope that's tiny enough!