Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

So this will be for all the small little bug fixes and minor tweaks we want in game. I'll update the OP periodically with a list of all the stuff you guys add in the thread, as long as it's balanced. If you post that you want another tool that breaks everything at vanilla diamond speed, you will be soundly ignored.

- Please make generated mineshafts spawn vert. and horiz. supports instead of fences and planks.

- Make the scythe harvest grass and flowers in an AOE, like the RedPower sickle. Possibly also grown wheat cereal crops.

- 3D textures for campfires

- Bones added to passive (non squid) mob drops

- Mutton from sheep [Already being added]

- Give chert a gravel-like flint drop rate

- Grass blocks check for nearby grass blocks when updated, and behave like dirt if there are none

- Allow anvils to be tossed into bloomeries (forges would be way too small)

- Add a y-axis requirement for squid spawning space (need a 2x2x3 area, rather than just 2x2)

- Give support beams more collision textures

- Increase the break time of dirt blocks under trees

- Place torches on support beams

- Breaking a chiseled stair returns the original block instead of nothing

- Place torches on chiseled stone

- Stairs of each wood type

- Add gridlines to knapping GUI

- Make masonry affect chisel durability

- Add a support strut reskin for stone brick supports using chisel

- Rabbits as a food mob. (mmmm, hasenpfeffer)

- Rare, variable sized bald rock outcroppings in otherwise grassy areas

- Addition of flint block and leaf block to mob ai.

- Darker nights in winter, lighter nights in summer

- Reskin of desert shrub to button/barrel cactus/prickly pear

- Getting one or more strings per wool blocks in crafting grid

- Sand harder to dig than dirt

- Sandstone harder to mine

- Chopping tree with saw gives log blocks

- Saw 'chisels' log blocks/plank blocks like stone

- Glass pane + 2 sticks = crossed pane (decorative)

- Please change the exquisite gem texture. Idk what that's even supposed to look like.

- Add new mode to chisel for heiroglyphs (sandstone only)

- Tall grass grows in wheat-like stages. Older grass gives more seeds.

- Grass blocks check X radius for tall grass, and can spawn some if there is none

- Clay molds can be placed in the crafting grid to get 5 clay

- Change zombie rare drops to random damaged tier-0 metal tools

- Variants of gravel based on surrounding stone(like sand)

- Falling sand/gravel sounds

- Lightning ignores armor and deals 15 points of damage- 19 if wearing metal armor

- Rain takes time to put out fires(no finally a reason to worry about lightning)

- Poison kills, no more spider eye diets

- Lightning hits the highest point within 25 blocks of where the lightning would have struck

- Fireplaces do damage to mobs/players when lit and stepped into.

- 3 planks in 2x2 grid = Stairs of that wood type

- Remove cave ins caused by placing cobble blocks on ceilings

- Ladders can be placed on top of each other (rather than must have a block on its back)

- Clay blocks dry and become a solid block (ceramic? adobe?)

All animals should drop bones & meat

Sheep drop lamb meat when killed...

-chert removed as rock layer type. chert = a kind of flint.

-sand digging speed to be nerfed for w. iron ++ shovels.

-supports to be immaterial, like leaf blocks.

-supports to prevent caving in a larger area. about 7 blocks instead of the current 5.

-grass blocks to be affected by gravity when not in the immediate presence of other grass blocks.

-Caves to be less frequent and larger in scale.

-fruit trees to use same log blocks as default trees, or vice versa.

-scythes to not kill 3x3 area of leaves or w/e it is currently but break the leaves with the speed of shears.

-major increase to scale-up of effeciency of black steel and up tools.

-anvil recycling. put anvil in bloom, get 14 melted ingot worth of the metal back.

-squid not spawn in 1 layer of water. Whenever im near squid in shallow water it makes sounds like mob sneaking up on me.

-fruit trees to drop more than 1 fruit per leaf block. 2-3 would be good.

-Randomized rare chance of cave in for sedimentary rocks.

-Reduction of near surface level cave occurence. Nothing is more annoying than zombies spawning in tiny dirt caverns just under the grass layer when you try to make bed near.

-Add something to make finding cave interesting. Maybe fungus or random sized stalactite/stalagmite generation?

-make rock type transistion less drastic.

-some sort of mechanic to make bellows pumping automatic or enable player to work them from inside of forge gui.

Some of these probably seem bigger than small tweaks to some other people, but you know " its just like my opinion, man" :P

Im just here to say, I love this idea. No matter how much complication you put into this wonderfull mod, you will NEVER shake me away and lose me. I am here to make minecraft more comlicated. Without complications TFC is nothing to me. I love this idea and all others :). These fixes are downright amazing thank you.

Im just here to say, I love this idea. No matter how much complication you put into this wonderfull mod, you will NEVER shake me away and lose me. I am here to make minecraft more comlicated. Without complications TFC is nothing to me. I love this idea and all others :). These fixes are downright amazing thank you.

Dude, please stop spamming. If you want to be an active member and post a lot then by all means do so, but please make at least some of your posts constructive.

eternalundeath, please include the suggestion as it was stated or leave it.

eternalundeath, please include the suggestion as it was stated or leave it.

Some of them are very good though, balance issues aside.

Besides, most of them are the same but just wording-adjusted to help with coding. (the grass block suggestion for instance)

make arrows have a drop chance like the javelin.

make arrows have a drop chance like the javelin.

You know this was actually discussed in another thread and it was suggested that metal-headed arrows could be made that would increase the likelihood of that drop chance. I REALLY like the idea, but I think that it's a bit too much of a change to count as just a little tweak.

If you like the idea as much as I do, give it your love and support here:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/711-arrow-heads-stone-and-beyond/

Knifes used in skinning, to skin animals for their leather...

Make skills. So everything you do has skills, you can improve on those skills. There would be a skill for farming,mining,wood cutting, hunting and so on... High level of the skill the better you are at doing the thing that the skill represents....

And how do you think the level of a skill affect your work? For example, what can change the farming skill when I use the hoe? Farm tiles doesn't have an use time, the only think that comes to mind is that it could affect the durability of the hoe.

For wood cutting? A tree takes less than 2 seconds to take down with a stone axe, and you can take down many trees, rebuild the cheap axe, and keep working. I don't see a skill use there.

For mining it's almost the same, it could affect minning time and tool durability, wich is the same as progressing tiers and finding new ores.

Bottom line, IMO skills aren't worth it. More coding for nothing really new

This is not an rpg skills will not be implemented we have discussed this many times. We don't want Steve to progress, we want the player to progress and learn new skills themselves. This type of game is far more involving and addictive. If you would like something else go play runescape.

This is not an rpg skills will not be implemented we have discussed this many times. We don't want Steve to progress, we want the player to progress and learn new skills themselves. This type of game is far more involving and addictive. If you would like something else go play runescape.

What ever...

What ever...

Not whatever, you were even in both of the rather large threads where this idea was shot down brutally and then stomped on by a sumo wrestler wearing a backpack full of lifting weights and a pair of crampons (look it up).

Also, that is a fairly large game mechanic, not a minor tweak. So wrong thread on top of being a generally bad idea.

Teranz, you're an experienced poster who's had many good ideas here before. I'm holding you to a higher standard than the flood of new guys that showed up recently - I won't go as lightly on you as I will them.

Not whatever, you were even in both of the rather large threads where this idea was shot down brutally and then stomped on by a sumo wrestler wearing a backpack full of lifting weights and a pair of crampons (look it up).

Also, that is a fairly large game mechanic, not a minor tweak. So wrong thread on top of being a generally bad idea.

Teranz, you're an experienced poster who's had many good ideas here before. I'm holding you to a higher standard than the flood of new guys that showed up recently - I won't go as lightly on you as I will them.

I will take that as a complement in one way and a suggestion to improve my posts...

I will take that as a complement in one way and a suggestion to improve my posts...

I'm glad - that's exactly how it was meant, and I was worried you might take it poorly.

Just a really minor change, could the way the top of a vertical support looks be changed? So it touches all blocks, especially if it has horizontal supports connected? I don't really like the anti-gravity look of hovering stone over a support. Perhaps make them touch the block.

Sorry if this is jumbled, it is exactly midnight...

Support beams should support 25 block area if placed in the middle. And by that i mean that if you place a standing up support beam it would support 25 - 5x5 blocks, so that you could place unstable blocks like cobble stone and stuff...

Support beams should support 25 block area if placed in the middle. And by that i mean that if you place a standing up support beam it would support 25 - 5x5 blocks, so that you could place unstable blocks like cobble stone and stuff...

Or he could leave it at its 4 block radius and you add one horizontal beam to each side... While he codes something more productive...

Or he could leave it at its 4 block radius and you add one horizontal beam to each side... While he codes something more productive...

It is just recoding 1 item...

- grass blocks drop grass blocks that turn into dirt if held for too long.

- brown and black dyes implemented through jet and regular coal respectively. crafted same way as red dye from flower.

- ocean biomes generating deeper water.

- stone/flint shears (cavemen had to have some way to cut hair :P)

- prospector's pick gives reading of the main types of rock that are in its scanned area.

- some sort of root/dirt block that generates under trees thats harder to excavate. ( I know this is not really a small change, i just wanted to list here anyway)

- hills biomes create less steep hills. That, or add a cliff biome :P

- grass blocks drop grass blocks that turn into dirt if held for too long.

- brown and black dyes implemented through jet and regular coal respectively. crafted same way as red dye from flower.

- ocean biomes generating deeper water.

- stone/flint shears (cavemen had to have some way to cut hair :P)

- prospector's pick gives reading of the main types of rock that are in its scanned area.

- some sort of root/dirt block that generates under trees thats harder to excavate. ( I know this is not really a small change, i just wanted to list here anyway)

- hills biomes create less steep hills. That, or add a cliff biome :P

- interesting. May add. Cancel that, it would be impossible to implement. You'd need a separate timer running for each block, making them unstackable and eating up computer resources.

- wouldn't jet give you black dye? After all the saying 'jet black' refers directly to the mineral in TFC

- definitely not a tiny tweak, but I've already suggested it to Dunk

- might break early game balance a bit

- No changes to the propick, says bioxx

- ...I like dis.

- Already done in PR 40