Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

The ability to create shears out of all metals.

Deeper oceans.

- interesting. May add. Cancel that, it would be impossible to implement. You'd need a separate timer running for each block, making them unstackable and eating up computer resources. - wouldn't jet give you black dye? After all the saying 'jet black' refers directly to the mineral in TFC - definitely not a tiny tweak, but I've already suggested it to Dunk - might break early game balance a bit - No changes to the propick, says bioxx - ...I like dis. - Already done in PR 40

- I suppose it could just give grass blocks period.

- jet = a pure form of lignite. since lignite is already implemented and drops coal, jet = the brown dye you would be able to derive from lignite, and regualr bitumous coal would be able to give black dye.

- i dont really understand how it would break early game balance, but ill take your word for it.

- All im seeing in the change log for pre40 is toned down chunk walls for hillsedge biomes. Im talking about making hills biomes less steep, ie. actual hills instead of cliff-like landscape.

Dude, please stop spamming. If you want to be an active member and post a lot then by all means do so, but please make at least some of your posts constructive.

Eternal, he wasnt spamming, he was just trying to be nice, i see nothing wrong with a post that says "good job" or nice idea" not all things have to contribute ideas to the mod

Eternal, he wasnt spamming, he was just trying to be nice, i see nothing wrong with a post that says "good job" or nice idea" not all things have to contribute ideas to the mod

He said nearly the exact same post in almost every thread on the first page.

He said nearly the exact same post in almost every thread on the first page.

Look, you're quite right ,in that he has posted a lot of similar encouraging posts. I can understand why this would annoy you. However, I feel you are being a bit harsh on him. Not everyone has something to contribute to a thread every time they post. He's still relatively new, how do you know he is just lacking the confidence to challenge other, more experienced, members posts ? This is especially relevant considering the poor guy has recently decided he doesn't want to post anymore because of the criticism he was facing. Instead of publicly decrying him could you not have, perhaps, sent him a private message as a senior member of the forum encouraging him to use the like button instead of commenting to say well done and perhaps encouraged him to contribute if he does have something to say ? You might say your post was not intended to hurt him, but the tone was distinctly negative, and some people are more sensitive than others.

/rantover

P.S. Sorry for derailing the thread, resume normal service :)

Edited by Jed1314

Look, you're quite right ,in that he has posted a lot of similar encouraging posts. I can understand why this would annoy you. However, I feel you are being a bit harsh on him. Not everyone has something to contribute to a thread every time they post. He's still relatively new, how do you know he is just lacking the confidence to challenge other, more experienced, members posts ? This is especially relevant considering the poor guy has recently decided he doesn't want to post anymore because of the criticism he was facing. Instead of publicly decrying him could you not have, perhaps, sent him a private message as a senior member of the forum encouraging him to use the like button instead of commenting to say well done and perhaps encouraged him to contribute if he does have something to say ? You might say your post was not intended to hurt him, but the tone was distinctly negative, and some people are more sensitive than others.

/rantover

P.S. Sorry for derailing the thread, resume normal service :)

Wasn't trying to be mean, I was just explaining to noodles why I asked him not to spam

Wasn't trying to be mean, I was just explaining to noodles why I asked him not to spam

It was more in reference to your earlier post than the one I quoted, but I am on my mobile so looking for it would have been a struggle to find it. I appreciate you weren't intentionally being mean, perhaps stern is the right term actually. Equally don't take my post the wrong way, you do an admirable job of moderating these forums (despite not being a mod :P)

-anvil recycling. put anvil in bloom, get 14 melted ingot worth of the metal back.

You mean you don't want to make anvil totems like everyone told me when I suggested this?

You mean you don't want to make anvil totems like everyone told me when I suggested this?

Posted Image

in the campcraft mod there are camp fires that look like this

<picture>

...point being?

btw - woo, second topic I've made that's become hot <3

Some of them are very good though, balance issues aside.

Besides, most of them are the same but just wording-adjusted to help with coding. (the grass block suggestion for instance)

I ask this because sometimes the original intent of the suggestion is modified in your translation. Also its somewhat insulting.

Not sure if these have been suggested or not but here are a few I thought of tonight.

-Place torches on support beams

-breaking a chiseled stair or slab returns the original block instead of nothing

-place torches on chiseled stone

-stairs of each wood type

So you know how we mine all around stone blocks in order to get the raw stone, right? I would really love it if this applied to all types of blocks, or at least for ore blocks, as I'd like to collect raw ore blocks for a mineralogy museum.

So you know how we mine all around stone blocks in order to get the raw stone, right? I would really love it if this applied to all types of blocks, or at least for ore blocks, as I'd like to collect raw ore blocks for a mineralogy museum.

That's a really cool idea. (The museum)

Also excellent idea, but a bit bigger than this thread was intended for.

Make a new thread for it and I will personally upvote it because I actually really like that idea

Haven't gotten the chance to play the new changes since I just got back from vacation, but...

Couldn't stone break up into a stack of 4-8 rocks, which when crafted (with sand and clay? or a sand/clay mortar product) created a cobble block? Probably too much inventory weight, so I don't know, but it could work.

Also, while I was in Orlando, Florida, I noticed that the mornings there are very misty. ...Morning mist would be a nice touch to certain biomes. :U

Haven't gotten the chance to play the new changes since I just got back from vacation, but...

Could stone break up into a stack of 4-8 rocks, which when crafted (with sand and clay? or a sand/clay mortar product) created a cobble block? Probably too much inventory weight, so I don't know.

I also notices while I was out that mornings in Orlando, Florida are very misty. Morning mist would be a nice touch to certain biomes. :U

Love the mist. Can I change that to a more code-friendly 'give air blocks a random opacity range based on the time of day'?

I also haven't played with the new mechanics yet, so I'm not 100% on how the new rocks system works. May or may not add that part based on relevance once I update and start playing again

Breaking the chiseled object shouldn't return the original object, rather chunks of that type of rock on a rare occasion and never more than one. You broke down the resource into a smaller component, so it's only natural that the whole thing isn't there.

Breaking the chiseled object shouldn't return the original object, rather chunks of that type of rock on a rare occasion and never more than one. You broke down the resource into a smaller component, so it's only natural that the whole thing isn't there.

Well I think that in terms of worked blocks, 'mining' them is really just intended to be a way of picking them up. I mean think about it, if you've laid down stone bricks and (implicitly) mortared them, are you gonna be able to pull out a section of the wall with your bare hands? No, you take your handy dandy pick and shove it into the hard mortar, breaking a big ol' square chunk away and then levering it out of position with the pick head so you can get a good grip on it to remove it. No one in their right mind removes carefully worked masonry they want to reuse by wailing on it with a sharp object until they're swinging at air.

Posted Image

Small tweak. :U

The knapping GUI could stand to have some outlines.

Not whatever, you were even in both of the rather large threads where this idea was shot down brutally and then stomped on by a sumo wrestler wearing a backpack full of lifting weights and a pair of crampons (look it up).

Hey! Don't call me that. And yes, I am back(sort of)

Masonry (slabs) should effect the durability of the chisel.

Masonry (slabs) should effect the durability of the chisel.

NOOOOOO! /hard working builder making a 50+ high tower.

NOOOOOO! /hard working builder making a 50+ high tower.

Exactly my point. when was the last time you saw someone chisel out a thousand blocks with a flat piece of tin?