Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

Howabout you dont? Have it reject the recipe unless its all 1 type That would solve it.

hmm would that work?

and besides i was just playing devil's advocate there

In fact i think it wouldn't work... i heard somewhere that minecraft recipes don't care about the damage value of the items, just their ID's. IF this is true -which proably isn't... :-, then it's not possible to make the recipe reject multiple kinds of planks mixed, unless you want all the planks to have their own ID.

Just a tip JAG, it's heard, for the simple past of hear, not heared.

In fact i think it wouldn't work... i heared somewhere that minecraft recipes don't care about the damage value of the items, just their ID's. IF this is true -which proably isn't... :-, then it's not possible to make the recipe reject multiple kinds of planks mixed, unless you want all the planks to have their own ID.

I think it doesn't care by default, it probably depends on the coding you put in the comparator functions. Its PROBABLY possible to implement. If I recall correctly the TFCplanks -> plank blocks recipes were type-restricted, and eloraams mods all worked properly despite most of her items being DMG value defined.

I think it doesn't care by default, it probably depends on the coding you put in the comparator functions. Its PROBABLY possible to implement. If I recall correctly the TFCplanks -> plank blocks recipes were type-restricted, and eloraams mods all worked properly despite most of her items being DMG value defined.

actually i think it does, i've been playing technic and all those items with the damage values like the batteries and phillosipher's stone all work at different damage levels

also, if it didnt work lke that, damaged axes wouldnt be able to cut logs into planks

Oh? i didn't knew that most of RP2 items shared damage values ._. so that's why i can use it along with so many other mods...

actually i think it does, i've been playing technic and all those items with the damage values like the batteries and phillosipher's stone all work at different damage levels

also, if it didnt work lke that, damaged axes wouldnt be able to cut logs into planks

I think items defined as tools have slightly different behavior with dmg values, but in respect to recipes, its probably defined in the recipe's code or definitions somehow, because recipes DO have the ability to differentiate between coal and charcoal.

(in other mods mind you, there aren't many recipes that use coal/charcoal otherwise :P)

I think items defined as tools have slightly different behavior with dmg values, but in respect to recipes, its probably defined in the recipe's code or definitions somehow, because recipes DO have the ability to differentiate between coal and charcoal.

(in other mods mind you, there aren't many recipes that use coal/charcoal otherwise :P)

well hang on then, sence they added collored stairs in vanilla in the new snapshot, what happens if you put multicolored planks in to mkae those?

You should get multicolored stairs. Mojang is going to even try this? Nope.

You should get multicolored stairs. Mojang is going to even try this? Nope.

you know how immensly infuriating this would be to code for just a small change that most people wouldnt even notice/care about?

you know how immensly infuriating this would be to code for just a small change that most people wouldnt even notice/care about?

That's exactly why i think Mojang won't even try it ._.

- Please make it so trees do not have sideways logs its ugly.

- Make Days are 0.5x Speed and Nights are 1.0x speed so players can get more out of the day due to how much you need to get done in the day.

- Please make it so trees do not have sideways logs its ugly.

- Make Days are 0.5x Speed and Nights are 1.0x speed so players can get more out of the day due to how much you need to get done in the day.

Since when are there sideways logs?

And unless day/night ratios change by X-level and season, there is no way in hell it's gonna be anything other than 1:1

1.3 brought sideways logs with it, I dunno if TFC is USING them though.

That seems like cheating Zan, making day longer than night? there is a config to adjust timescale, but it is a linear flow, so day/night is the same length. Do trees have sideways logs in TFC? i have yet to see it...

1.3 brought sideways logs with it, I dunno if TFC is USING them though.

I know that, but sideways logs have to be placed, they don't generate to my knowledge

and if they don't generate, why remove them? You can just opt not to place them

I know that, but sideways logs have to be placed, they don't generate to my knowledge

and if they don't generate, why remove them? You can just opt not to place them

actually, it would make sense for the stray logs corresponding to branches to spawn sideways.

but branches aren't usually the thickness of the trunk, ya know? Branches are going to be re-examined by dunk, so just hold off on that until then.

not sure if tweak enough for this post or to minor for a seperate one...

- shift-klicking wheat lay down a small layer of hay (like snow)

- multiple shift-klicking on the same spot raises the hay (like snow) after a certain height maybe spread to adjacent sides

- the hay "melts" away over time and/or by walking over

- a hay block (crafted with a string or else) near the above version of hay prevents it from disapearing

- klicking with a fork on hay or hayblock spread the hay in a certain radius

suggestion: rocks + Hammer = gravel

not sure if this has been suggested already

I like it, but it could get a little exploity with the sluice.

Maybe it would be more balanced if it needed a tier 2 or 3 hammer.

I like it, but it could get a little exploity with the sluice.

Maybe it would be more balanced if it needed a tier 2 or 3 hammer.

... Can i ask you why you need gravel when you already are in tier 2/3 metals? by then, most of the players get all their metal from mines, not from sluices or panning, so what would be the point in adding this mechanic if it can only be done with those tier metal hammers?

Maybe it can only be done with a hammer made of the hardest kind of rocks, and the softer kind of rocks -the stronger were extrusive something rocks and the weakest sedimentary rocks, weren't they?-