Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

Chickens should accept seeds of all kinds as the equivalent of wheat, as for one it makes more sense and for two, chickens could then be considered the "tier 0" of animal husbandry. Seeds are far easier to obtain than fully grown and harvested wheat, and to balance this they could just make it where it takes about 3-4 seeds per chicken to get them to reach "mating mode".

-Log blocks take shorter/longer to break depending on how many log blocks are above them

Chickens should accept seeds of all kinds as the equivalent of wheat, as for one it makes more sense and for two, chickens could then be considered the "tier 0" of animal husbandry. Seeds are far easier to obtain than fully grown and harvested wheat, and to balance this they could just make it where it takes about 3-4 seeds per chicken to get them to reach "mating mode".

Better Than Wolves much?

but yeah i totally agree just hope nobody thinks we took that idea from BTW

-eeeeeee! 888 posts-

'Better Than Wolves much?

but yeah i totally agree just hope nobody thinks we took that idea from BTW

-eeeeeee! 888 posts-'

Thats in vanilla 1.4 ;P

I've always wondered why you could place a pebble on the ground and get 1m3 cobble block, perhaps placing a cobble block should consume... I'd say about 6 or 12 small stones.

I've always wondered why you could place a pebble on the ground and get 1m3 cobble block, perhaps placing a cobble block should consume... I'd say about 6 or 12 small stones.

http://www.terrafirm...ge-log-archive/ Go read the changelog for Beta v2 Build 40 Codename: Oompaloompa.

http://www.terrafirm...ge-log-archive/ Go read the changelog for Beta v2 Build 40 Codename: Oompaloompa.

Well I guess it will be coming somewhat soon, with the whole construction thing happening... Thanks for the heads up.

oh gods... why does everyone have to be so active in this thread when I have comp issues?!

Fuck it, dealing with this later...

No, deallllz with it noooowzzz

lol, and its because life hates you that we love to fill this thread when your away. MWAHAHAHAHAHA

I noted on the main list in eternals first post a request for torches on slabs, placing pictures and weapon racks on them would also be nice.

I noted on the main list in eternals first post a request for torches on slabs, placing pictures and weapon racks on them would also be nice.

torches on slabs, i think cant be done in minecraft because technically, the half slab takes up a full block's space, so nothing else can be in that space

What I mean is like, in the same way that signs can be placed on the sides of stairs, torches and pictures and whatnot should be placeable... at least on sides of slabs that have not been chiseled.

What I mean is like, in the same way that signs can be placed on the sides of stairs, torches and pictures and whatnot should be placeable... at least on sides of slabs that have not been chiseled.

eyeh... then you'd have a torch floating right above the side of a slab, just the way the graphical thing works, seeing as the torch adheres to the center of a block, so it will be right above the actuall slab

Right clicking a non-grass dirt block with flux "salts the earth" causing the grass to not grow back until the block is broken and replaced.

Why not use salt instead of flux?

Also some suggestions of my own:

Weight should affect jump height, especially underwater, and maybe fall damage. Falling in the sea with full plate armour and a sack of rocks on your back should be a death sentence.

Make an additional stage for armour creation, crafting it with leather on a bench. Metal armour without some sort of padding is murder. Could also use wool.

Why not use salt instead of flux?

Also some suggestions of my own:

Weight should affect jump height, especially underwater, and maybe fall damage. Falling in the sea with full plate armour and a sack of rocks on your back should be a death sentence.

Make an additional stage for armour creation, crafting it with leather on a bench. Metal armour without some sort of padding is murder. Could also use wool.

Weight is everything but a small change. There are several threads about it. All of them were shot down. You can't ask for believable weight system in a game were you move cubic meters of everything; you wouldn't be able to carry a cubic meter of dirt.

Padding isn't a small change either, and it was also suggested. But unlike the previous one, it was pretty much loved ._.

When people ask for realistic weight they're usually asking for a skyrim inventory, not for an actual realistic inventory.

It's a moot point now, anyways.

I actually haven't played skyrim, it just can't work in this pc : so i don't know how the inventory is in skyrim.

I actually haven't played skyrim, it just can't work in this pc : so i don't know how the inventory is in skyrim.

so every item has a set "weight" value

your character has a set "carry weight"

if you go over that set carry weight by carrying too many things, you move really slowly and can't fast travel

'I actually haven't played skyrim, it just can't work in this pc : so i don't know how the inventory is in skyrim.'

I had to turn all the graphics down. Make sure you mess with the advanced settings too. My old computer can run it, but only on minimal settings.

i do not want inv weight ever being a debuff or buff in any way. You should have limitations to whats in your pack, but not anything else for playability's sake.

Inventory was an afterthought, I was mainly thinking just about armour. I like the idea of armour having disadvantages so that one can play as something like a scout/archer without and have some mobility advantage. Something like wearing any more than one piece of metal armour prevents swimming. It is a simple enough change. Restricting jump height should also not be that hard. I could be wrong of course I haven't looked into the jump code. I remember in clonk there were medieval combat mods where armour prevented jumping, meaning that warriors, though heavily resistant to damage and uber in close combat, had major mobility issues and had to be supported by others without armour. Perhaps this suggestion would fit better in the kingdoms thread. Also if the modders have already ruled it out then nothing to see here.

-snip-

If you meant that, well, there is actually also a thread for that. I think this is what was decided: as wrought iron armor is already pretty damn good protection, it's gonna be the heaviest, while the next tiers give more protection but also have very minor weight debuffs.

Perhaps we could change the winter fruit trees to become a block that looks like branches rather than a large dead mass of leaves, which probably would have fallen off. I could make a model as an example if more explanation was necessary.

Perhaps we could change the winter fruit trees to become a block that looks like branches rather than a large dead mass of leaves, which probably would have fallen off. I could make a model as an example if more explanation was necessary.

You mean, change the fruit trees leaves in winter so they look like branches, rather than leaves?

It should be applicated to some of the wood trees as well, shouldn't it?

I keep forgetting I posted in here and then I keep writing partially messages and then closing the tab, long story short. I explain that, that would be true with most deciduous trees and that I made a model in less than twenty minutes and finally put it on a tree-ish thing by copying and rotating in google sketch-up and it looked like this...

Posted Image

And then I said "we could probably live with something as crappy as that, because yes it looks better than the dead leaves"

1: wool can be used to make string.

2: string can NOT be used to make wool. Atleast not in the current proportions and not without some special equipment.

3: String is required to attatch tool heads to sticks to make tools.

4: eventual other sources of string. Perhaps derived from bark? I'm not sure.