Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EternalUndeath

Tiny Tweaks Metathread

383 posts in this topic

1: wool can be used to make string.

2: string can NOT be used to make wool. Atleast not in the current proportions and not without some special equipment.

3: String is required to attatch tool heads to sticks to make tools.

4: eventual other sources of string. Perhaps derived from bark? I'm not sure.

eventual is the wrong word, i think initial is more accurate, because, honestly, hunting down giant spiders in a tomb just to get some string is rather silly

but yeah plant fibres or something like that would be good for string and eventualy rope

That isn't as easy as you all make it sound the entire First Industrial Revolution was based around making cotton and wool into string. Loom, power loom, spinning wheel, flyer and bobbin, water frame, spinning mule, spinning jenny, cotton gin and a billion other inventions. Its not an easy process by any means, although we probably would only be using the loom most likely. here is a link to a table of the processing for cotton. Like I said not as easy as people think. These processes aren't even in our timeframe it would even harder for us. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textile_manufacture_during_the_Industrial_Revolution

If I had to grow cotton just to make enough string to make tools, I'd probably no longer be able to play this game. Which would make me a sad panda.

If I had to grow cotton just to make enough string to make tools, I'd probably no longer be able to play this game. Which would make me a sad panda.

nah you woud be able to get string from other plants or stuff like that for an early source, but cultivating would be your best choice if you want massive ammounts of string for your kitty to play with

Well, you could always use tree roots and inner basswood bark as string, I do it every time I create a hatchet out of rocks.

p.s. Wool into sting should/could be MUCH later.

Bump, Requesting sticky. This thread along with the ascetic blocks thread work hand in hand to attempt to organize the smaller insignificant ideas from the larger more complex ones.

Tweak - Ability to place Tool Racks on Crafting Tables.

Tweak - Mushrooms should be edible. Red Mushrooms should be poisonous.

Tweak - Beds would be colored dependant on the wool used to make them. You cannot mix and match wool to make Beds.

plz, allow make forge near another forge on side. cuz it's fine

mad paint skillz:

Posted Image

Posted Image

THOSE are the health/water/hunger/stamina bars? YUCK!

dont diss programmer art. its very temporary(or so I think)

- Retexture Status bars

plz, allow make forge near another forge on side. cuz it's fine

mad paint skillz:

Posted Image

I like that, wouldn't it increase temperature too. The GUI should be combined and has 3x the space and can be restarted with 1 charcoal because that just makes sense.

And those are insane paint skills, holy cow.

Why not make it so this type of construction will also count as ladders?

Posted Image

doesnt that count as ladders already?(uses smart moving, couldnt know either way)

doesnt that count as ladders already?(uses smart moving, couldnt know either way)

No, it's not. They need to be 2/10 block height at max. So this counts, while prevous picture - not.

Posted Image

then this is a good change to ask for. :)

And unless day/night ratios change by X-level and season, there is no way in hell it's gonna be anything other than 1:1

I actually enjoy the idea of day/night being based on the month. Obviously don't go to extremes with it. I'm also slightly annoyed by the fact that every server uses 8-day months, resulting in a whole year passing by in just one day.

I would actually enjoy if the following would be standard:

-30 day months.

-30 minutes a day.

-Day/Night ratio based on month (1.3 : 0.7 in total summer and 0.8 : 1.2 in total winter)

Without sleeping or Server downtime this would result in 7.5 weeks for one year. Which I would call the perfect speed for this game.

really think about it.... with that long of a year, how does one breed animals for food? how does one go though the harvest cycle to bake bread? while I agree a day-year schedule should not be the standard, having weeks of server time being a game year means that the game cant progress

Hunger suggestion:

The lower your hunger, the more food fills it up.

Eg. If you are a starving person url, you could get by on a pork chop a day, and never actually starve to death, but always be hungry. If you like to be full constantly, you need to eat a lot more.

This would add another dynamic to the game: Do you eat a lot and have the benefit of being full, or stay low in order to save food?

Also, the hunger bar should be bigger; you can go for a few days without food, but you should eat every day.

I actually enjoy the idea of day/night being based on the month. Obviously don't go to extremes with it. I'm also slightly annoyed by the fact that every server uses 8-day months, resulting in a whole year passing by in just one day.

I would actually enjoy if the following would be standard:

-30 day months.

-30 minutes a day.

-Day/Night ratio based on month (1.3 : 0.7 in total summer and 0.8 : 1.2 in total winter)

Without sleeping or Server downtime this would result in 7.5 weeks for one year. Which I would call the perfect speed for this game.

What if we go far north or south and days are short nights are long and it really never gets to full sunlight.

Eternal darkness!? Well, 6 month long darkness?

YES

What if we go far north or south and days are short nights are long and it really never gets to full sunlight.

I didn't include that one since it's probably really hard to do wthin minecraft :D

regarding breeding animals for food: They allready drop more meat than in Vanilla. I guess that would end up as finetuning.

Hunger suggestion:

The lower your hunger, the more food fills it up.

Eg. If you are a starving person url, you could get by on a pork chop a day, and never actually starve to death, but always be hungry. If you like to be full constantly, you need to eat a lot more.

This would add another dynamic to the game: Do you eat a lot and have the benefit of being full, or stay low in order to save food?

Also, the hunger bar should be bigger; you can go for a few days without food, but you should eat every day.

Actually, I just thought of a better idea: Food empties slower the more hungry you are. It would fill in all these ideas.

Edit: Also, torch javalins

an X^2 method of hunger degrading? +11412524332

should be roughly set up so it takes about 7 days to entirely starve to death.

same with water... 3 days on that one.

ecc, any basic school states it takes 24 hours of no liquid ingestion for a person to die ;) how come you say 3? also TORCH JAVELINS = APPROVED! :D