Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Konlii

[TFC2][HarvestCraft] Angry Bees 1.11.2

6 posts in this topic

What is this?  An addon for TFC2 already?!  Well, technically it's an addon for Pam's HarvestCraft, but I only ever use HarvestCraft with TFC2, so there you go.

Overview

This mod adds angry bees to Pam's HarvestCraft, as well as a beekeeping suit complete with gloves.

Breaking beehives will release a swarm of angry bees on anyone nearby.  Equipping every piece of the beekeeping suit will protect you from their stings.  Leather boots and hardened leather boots will also work with the beekeeping suit, but if you even take off a single glove you are exposing yourself to the wrath of the bees.

Opening any container that holds a queen bee also has a chance of releasing a small swarm of angry bees.  Thankfully, you can safely store a queen bee by keeping it in a glass bottle.

The only way to get rid of a swarm of angry bees is to jump in the nearest lake.  Otherwise, you will have to wait until they lose interest in you.

Crafting

A bee in a bottle can be crafted simply by putting a queen bee and an empty glass bottle together.

Beekeeping gloves are crafted from leather and woven cotton.

All other pieces of the beekeeping suit are crafted from wool in the standard armor shapes with the addition of woven cotton.

Spoiler

Beepeeking Hat Recipe

Beekeeping Tunic Recipe

Beekeeping Leggings Recipe

Beekeeping Boots Recipe

Mainhanded Beekeeping Glove Recipe

Offhanded Beekeeping Glove Recipe

Bee in a Bottle Recipe

Queen Bee Recipe

angrybees.cfg

Spoiler

# Configuration file

general {
# List of entities that are immune to bee stings, one per line
# [default: [minecraft:polar_bear], [tfc2:bear]]
S:entityBlacklist <
minecraft:polar_bear
tfc2:bear
>

# Chance of being stung while swarmed by angry bees
# [none, low, medium, high, africanized]
# [default: medium]
S:stingChance=medium

# The duration of an angry bee swarm (in number of ticks)
# [range: 1 ~ 2147483647, default: 800]
I:swarmDuration=800

# The distance an angry bee swarm will travel to attack an entity
# [range: 0 ~ 15, default: 6]
I:swarmRadius=6
}

Download

Source

636284077285950956.png

Edited by Konlii

I have never used this mod, so please pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't make more sense to use smoke to calm the bees, instead of putting the queen in a glass bottle? That's really weird.

Using smoke would make the bees go into a dormant state, where they can be safely handle, but do not produce anything until the smoke source is removed.

Except normally you don't go around stuffing queen bees into your pockets and continuing through your day like normal.

EDIT:

Since you've never used it, I should specify that the way HarvestCraft does bees is weird.  When you find a beehive in the world the only thing you can do with it is crack it open and take the queen out.  Then you build an apiary and put the queen in.  The apiary produces honeycomb, wax, and a bee grub you can use to make a new queen.  That's it.  It is super strange that destroying a beehive and stealing the queen doesn't have any consequences whatsoever.  That's why I made this addon.

Edited by Konlii

I see, so the glass jar is only to transport the queen to create a new apiary. It makes a bit of sense now, not much but a bit.

One way or other thanks for this addon. It is really refreshing to see that people are already thinking on building on top of TFC2,

Looks cool going to give it a shot.

Small request maybe make it so you can get a swarm in a jar and make it a throw weapon?. I mean for those of us whom like pvp, throwing a few bee bombs into someones base can clear them out.

15 hours ago, Rangendio said:

Looks cool going to give it a shot.

Small request maybe make it so you can get a swarm in a jar and make it a throw weapon?. I mean for those of us whom like pvp, throwing a few bee bombs into someones base can clear them out.

Hitting an entity/breaking a block with the Bee in a Bottle in your hand already has a chance to break the bottle, but I hadn't thought of actually throwing it.