assistance setting up an economy system?

kelik
By kelik in Discussion,
some people on the server i play on are trying to set up a basic economy system using the (currently useless) gems. so far what we've come up with are as follows: chipped gems are worth 5 gp (gem points) flawed gems are 10 gp normal gems are 20 gp flawless gems are 50 gp exquisite gems are 100 gp the type of gem doesn't matter, because they appear with different frequencies depending on the rock you mine, so it would be too difficult to determine the true value of each gem type. for comparison, we are thinking the approximate value of a stack of charcoal would be 20gp. meaning 4 chipped, 2 flawed, or a normal gem. my question to you, the forum, is; do the numbers match up with the approximate rarity of each gem quality, and do you think the value of charcoal that i gave matches to the amount of time it would take to find the appropriate gems? also, if you've been on a server that used a similar economy, please describe your server's economy system and what you thought were its strengths and weaknesses.
  • 11 replies