Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
TFC 0.79.29 Changelog
- Baby sheep color is now based off of the color of the parents like in vanilla Minecraft, instead of all baby sheep always being white.
- Magic damage now does 25 HP of damage instead of the vanilla 1 HP. The primary example of magic damage is poison potions.
Added consistency to checks for rain exposure.
- Torches burn out in fewer conditions.
- Barrels fill up in more conditions.
- Crops can now be protected from the snow.
- Smoke racks can now be protected from the rain.
- Flint and Steel now plays the "click" sound when creating firepits and forges, as well as when lighting firepits, forges and pit kilns.
- Fixed rare case of crop growth rate being a negative value.
- Fixed decay protection system not being properly applied to food.
- Animals now properly store all of the genetic modifiers of the father when breeding.
- Fixed IndexOutOfBounds crash when rendering the texture on a protection meter when the buffer config option is set to a value larger than 24.
- Fixed alcohol quantum entanglement exploit.
- Fixed chisel taking durability damage when using smooth mode on a non raw stone block.
- Fixed scythes losing their smithing bonus when used to break leaves or crops.
- Fixed inconsistent checking of valid blocks surrounding the forge.
Attempted to fix the solid-side checks for blocks chiseled using stair mode.
- The testing I did shows it working better, but bit logic can be confusing so I don't promise it's 100% fixed -Kitty
Firepits can now be created on blocks with just a solid top face, instead of requiring an opaque cube.
- Note: the no firepits on blocks of wooden or cloth material rule is still enforced.
- Fixed flint and steel not working on the top face of wood or cloth material blocks due to firepit creation logic.
- Fixed solid-side check for blocks chiseled using slab mode being inaccurate when using the TFC_Core method to check rather than the check written in the block class itself.
- Fixed horizontal support beams replacing blocks when placed between two vertical support beams.
TFC 0.79.28 Changelog
- Fixed login crash due to the client attempting to render the HUD before the player has finished logging in.
- Fixed smithing efficiency bonus being applied to all blocks, instead of just blocks the tool is effective on.
- Fixed sapling time-stamp resetting when growing into a tree fails due to not enough space. Added WAILA message for saplings that do not have enough space to grow that will not disappear until the sapling grows into a tree, as constantly scanning to see if space has been cleared is resource intensive.
- Fixed rare case of the old double chest crash when trying to place a non-oak chest next to an oak single chest.
TFC 0.79.27 Changelog
- Added WAILA support for protection meters.
- Added config option to disable the tool mode indicator.
- Seeds for hardy crops can be planted regardless of the current temperature.
- Removed leftover calls to unfinished, unimplemented, body temperature system. Should create slight performance increases.
- Widened core sample scan range for surface nugget spawning.
- All extra items obtained from crafting recipes such as hides from scraping sheepskin and straw from refining grain are dropped at the player's feet instead of first attempting to place it in their inventory.
- Grass can now spread to blocks with indirect sky access (e.g. blocks underneath transparent blocks like glass or fences).
- Floating grass that is within range of support beams will not convert to dirt when receiving a block update.
- Fixed missing NBT data error message using display name instead of unlocalized name, resulting in random crashes when looking up recipes for food.
- Cleaned up food crafting recipes so both the input and the output displayed have the blank NBT tags.
- Fixed dough making not consuming enough grain due to the negative decay value on extremely fresh or cheated-in foods.
- Removed some leftover references to the old dual-ores that would appear when using addons like NEI.
- Fixed block exist check in fungi spawning using vanilla's weird coordinate system.
- Fixed being able to pick up lava and hot spring water with a barrel or large vessel.
- Fixed possible liquid dupe exploit.
- Fixed buggy plum tree leaves. All buggy plum leaf blocks must be broken manually for new bug-free plum leaf blocks to grow.
- Fixed decay tag truncating causing some foods to last indefinitely if the initial tick created a small enough amount of decay.
- Fixed milk buckets that have been filled from a barrel or large vessel missing their NBT data.
- Fixed spawn protection capping out at 180 days regardless of config setting.
- Fixed server/client config sync issues for ore unit and timer config options.
- Fixed synced config options from servers being applied to single player worlds if the player does not restart the game after logging out of the server.
- Fixed issue with hot, unworked items that are hit or drawn in the anvil not displaying the "This item has been worked" tooltip since the arrow was not moved.
- Fixed extra unit obtained from pouring liquid unshaped metal into a crucible or another mold.
- Fixed baby animals occasionally spawning inside of blocks and dying if the mother was standing right next to the block when giving birth.
TFC 0.79.26 Changelog
Upgraded to Forge 10.13.4.1558
- The prospector's pick now works with all blocks put into the TFCOres.cfg file in addition to TFC ore blocks.
- Added config option for crops on farmland dropping seeds when they die of natural causes such as old age, freezing temperatures, or not enough sunlight.
- Added clearchunk debug command used to strip the surface blocks off of a chunk to reveal the raw stone below.
- Added tree layers to debug info overlay.
- Added WAILA support to distinguish between the different water plants.
- Barrels and Large Vessels now have grayed out slots when sealed to make it a bit more obvious that the slots cannot be interacted with until the container is unsealed.
- Added localization support for "This item has been worked" tooltip.
- Completely cooled, completely full, unshaped ingots now stack to 32.
- Added help tooltips to blueprints.
- Removed "BR:" prefix from blueprint item names.
- Added chat error message for attempting to use a blueprint without having a hammer or chisel.
- Snow can no longer accumulate on top of pottery blocks
- StripChunkCommand will not remove any blocks found in the TFCOres.cfg file, in addition to TFC ore blocks.
- Ore that is mined without the proper tool will drop nothing. Hammers can be used to break ore blocks, although it will take the same time as breaking the block by hand, and will only drop the nugget version of the ore. Minerals will drop nothing, as they do not have nugget versions.
- Kimberlite will now always drop at least a chipped gem when mined with a proper tool, instead of often dropping nothing.
Fruit Tree Cleanup
- Growth is now based on year length. Trunk blocks take 1.5 months to grow (at least 6 months from planting until first branch appears), and additional branches take 1 month to grow. Leaf blocks can grow every 2 days regardless of year length.
- Growth cannot occur during winter months regardless of temperature, but will catch up for the lost time in the spring.
- Branches will not grow unless the trunk is at the maximum height of 4 blocks.
- Newly generated trunk and branch blocks are more likely to also generate with a few leaf blocks.
- Food and Thirst no longer deplete while debug mode is enabled.
- WAILA display for smoke rack now uses verbs instead of nouns to make it more clear that the smoking and drying is in progress, and not complete.
- Firepit input slot has been restricted to only items that it can heat up, as well as firestarters and flint & steel.
- Ingots, Double Ingots, Sheets and Double Sheets cannot stack if they are heated, or have been worked.
- Bears are now 10 times as likely to attack a nearby player, and move twice as fast.
Tweaked cloudberry and cranberry bush generation.
- Increased the max bio temp for both by 5 degrees.
- Generation now works on peat grass blocks in addition to peat blocks.
- Cloudberry now has higher priority over cranberry for generating on top of a peat deposit.
- Tweaked code for animals to help increase addon compatibility.
- Fixed NPE caused by last blueprint of stack not being properly deleted.
- Fixed blueprint GUI so under the correct circumstances the title displays "Change Rotation" and there is no blinking cursor in the text box to make it more obvious what the screen is for.
- Fixed wrought iron knife blades providing their own ceramic mold when melted in a forge.
- Bugged leather racks will no longer cause block updates when they delete themselves.
- Fixed torches extinguishing early if there is a desync between the client and the server.
- Fixed javelins losing their NBT data when thrown.
- Fixed javelins not applying the smithing bonus for attack damage when thrown.
- Fixed unknown/incorrect dirt blocks generating underneath pine and sequoia trees that spawned directly on top of clay, clay grass, peat, or peat grass.
- Fixed time variables not being updated when creating a new world until after world generation was complete.
- Fixed spawn chunks being covered in snow if the world was created immediately after leaving a world that was in the winter months.
- Fixed food stack hotkey combining cheeses with different infusions.
- Fixed food stack hotkey combining food with different smoke profiles.
- Fixed crafting grid output showing incorrect NBT data for refining grains and making dough.
- Fixed not getting straw if grain is refined using shift-click.
- Fixed WAILA header for some ore blocks not using white text.
- Fixed smoke rack string not always updating and turning black when smoking is complete.
- Fixed off-by-one error for WAILA smoking timer display.
- Fixed some big trees not properly generating branches in the leaves.
- Fixed player inventory/crafting grid not respecting slot and item max stack size when shift-clicking.
- Fixed vanilla bug where shift-clicking a crafting output that results in a stack of multiple items will consume some of the items if they cannot all fit in the player's inventory.
- Fixed wooden buckets not posting the FillBucketEvent
TFC 0.79.25 Changelog
- The knapping/clay forming/leather cutting interface now supports click and drag to remove pieces.
- Added config option to enable finite water (two water source blocks will not create a third).
- Added chat error messages for when players attempt to use items that are missing necessary NBT data.
- Smithing bonus now also affects the tool's efficiency in breaking blocks. Tool heads now also display the smithing bonus tooltip.
- Fence gates can now be opened and closed with redstone signals.
- Wild crops will always die of old age, regardless of the config setting. This does not affect crops that are planted on farmland.
- Angry untamed dogs (fed bones, but no collar) who are tied to a fence will now stand up to attack nearby animals, instead of attacking while sitting down.
- The more familiar a dog or bear is, the less likely it is to attack other animals.
- Adult animals who have reached their familiarity cap will have a yellow, partially-filled heart, and will no longer show the "Familiarized" check on the WAILA HUD.
Altered some block and tile entity updating to help prevent unnecessary loading of neighboring chunks.
- Farmland will not search in unloaded chunks for fresh water.
- Blast furnaces will not update when they are partially unloaded.
- Fruit trees will not grow leaves or branches into unloaded chunks.
- Mushrooms will not spread to unloaded chunks.
- Grass will not spread to unloaded chunks.
- Bloomeries will not update while they are partially unloaded, and will instead complete their processing once they are fully loaded.
- Chests will not check unloaded chunks for adjacent chests to create double chests.
- Fire pits will not smoke food on racks in unloaded chunks.
- Forges will not check unloaded chunks for chimney validation.
- Pit kilns will not scan for nearby fire in unloaded chunks.
- Note: Both charcoal pits and sluices will keep adjacent chunks loaded while they are processing.
- Fixed Red Steel swords and maces dealing 10 less damage points than Blue Steel.
- Scraping leather will now only damage the knife when used on spots that haven't been scraped yet. Unfortunately this makes dragging across the hide to scrape it a bit more difficult, because lingering on a scraped spot for too long requires letting go of right click and clicking again to scrape the next spot. If you are quick in dragging across, it is possible to do it all with just one held click.
- Fixed crash caused by using a sealed empty large vessel/barrel to click on another large vessel/barrel.
- Fixed barrel seal date showing years before 1000 in SMP if the server time is after 32767000 ticks. (May 6th, 1014 in default year length).
- Fixed items being workable and weldable in the anvil regardless of temperature.
- Fixed mod pumps not working with TFC liquids.
- Fixed CodeChickenCore finite water config option also affecting TFC water.
- Fixed lava flowing over water generating vanilla stone.
- Fixed the water boost for crop growth being applied if the fresh water was on the same y-level as the crop itself, and not the farmland below it.
- Fixed NPE caused by ceramic vessels used to smelt ore that have lost their NBT data.
- Fixed not being able to disable food decay.
- Fixed hoppers breaking cobble/gravel/sand/dirt blocks instead of being crushed by them if they are in the process of pressing olives.
- Hopefully fixed render issue with food and enchanted items in the same inventory.
- Fixed not getting straw if the tall grass is broken with the final use of a knife.
- Fixed female adult cows that have not been familiarized that day instantly drinking the bucket of milk the moment you milk them.
- Fixed attempting to shear a sheep with a knife increasing the familiarity even if the sheep couldn't be sheared. Fixed successfully shearing sheep with a pair of shears not increasing familiarity. Fixed shearing colored sheep with a pair of shears dropping wool that cannot stack with other pieces of wool.
Added a new block specifically for extinguished torches to fix burned out torches still providing light. The extinguished torch block does not tick, so it will help very slightly with performance for worlds with a bunch of burned out torches.
- This change is not an immediate fix, and existing burned out torches will not convert to the new block until they receive an update tick, so there will be many worlds with both the old and new burned out torches existing at the same time.
- Old extinguished torches that have converted to the new torches may need to be right-clicked with a torch twice before they will actually light. This should only happen the first time, and all following re-lighting should work on the first try.
- Hopefully fixed double chest crash.
TFC 0.79.24 Changelog
- Fixed anvil crash when the arrows are lined up but the rules aren't met.
- Fixed crash with odd support beam placement.
Fixed a bunch of obscure crashes that were reported on OpenEye:
- Ingot Pile NPE, Biome CCE, Fire pit input slot and temperature gauge NPE, Farmland NPE, Log Index OOB, Gravel NPE, Skeleton item drop NPE, Meal NPE, Farmland Highlighter NPE, Keybinding NPE, Oil lamp NPE, Lumber Index OOB, End Portal NPE.
- Fixed a bunch of crashes related to going to dimensions other than the overworld. However, I still would not recommend travelling to other dimensions, as it is still quite buggy.
- Fixed death in the end dimension respawning the player back in the end dimension instead of the overworld.
TFC 0.79.23 Changelog
- There is a known issue in this version that causes the game to crash if the player is smithing and lines up the arrows without matching the rules. 0.79.24 will release in the next day or two and updating will fix the crash and allow the world to load normally. Please exercise caution while smithing, and know the only alternative to waiting for the update if the game has already crashed is to delete the anvil using 3rd party software such as MCEdit.
- This update breaks compatibility with the majority of TFC addons. Either uninstall all addons, or wait to update TFC until the addons you use are updated to be compatible.
- Some unused/placeholder items have been removed from the game. When you first load up a world you will get an FML notification saying that some items/blocks have been removed. It is safe to hit "Yes" as the items removed were only possible to get through cheating.
- Field of View (FOV) now changes when the player is sprinting/slowed/flying/using a bow/etc. in the same way as vanilla.
- Lava now lights flammable blocks on fire instead of placing sulfur on them. Note that the range for this is larger than the range of vanilla lava setting blocks on fire.
- Added in-game GUI for the TFCCrafting and TFCOres config files. Crafting config options now sync from the server to connected clients.
- Added config option to disable saplings dropping from harvested leaf blocks, making it so the only way to gather saplings is to gather ones spawning in the grass. Sapling drops are still enabled by default.
- Items in the output slot of the crafting grid now have the NBT data transferred before the item is removed. This means that crafting recipes like making tools with a smithing bonus, dying vessels, and food management will have an item in the output slot that is identical to what the player will get when removing it from the slot.
- Added easier compatibility using the ore dictionary for other mods to add axes, saws, scythes, hammers and knives that will properly behave in the world. e.g. Any tool that is registered as "itemKnife" can be used to gather straw. Any tool that is registered as "itemAxe" can be used to fell an entire tree.
- Added config option to enable the old behavior of bowls always breaking, and clay forming giving 4 bowls.
- Cobblestone created from caving in/exploding raw stone blocks now mines at the same speed as raw stone, and gives 1-3 rock items instead of the cobblestone block.
- Gold pans must now be used by clicking the top face of the block that is underneath the flower water.
- The output crafting slot can no longer be shift-clicked if the output item is a piece of food and the player's inventory is full.
- Year length can no longer be set to a value less than 96. Existing worlds with shorter year lengths will have the value forced to be 96, which may result in some odd behavior. Most of this odd behavior can be fixed by taking note of the current in-game date before updating, and then using debug mode and the buttons on the calendar screen to advance time until it is that date again after updating. Players online while this is done will have their hunger and thirst bars drained, and all of the food in the world will experience at least some decay. Advance time using the largest increments possible first (years, then months, then days) to reduce the amount of food decay that happens.
- Food that cannot be used as an ingredient (e.g. Raw Chicken) can no longer be placed in the food slots of the food prep interface.
- Bears no longer attempt to attack players on peaceful difficulty. Bears and wolves will no longer attack other animals on peaceful difficulty.
- Blast furnace now only accepts iron ore and ISmeltable items registered with a metal type of pig iron.
- Knapping and clay forming achievements now trigger when the item appears in the output slot, instead of when it is taken out of the slot.
Alloy percentage tweaks to fix the ability to make alloys without all the ingredients.
- Bismuth Bronze is now made with 50-65% Copper instead of 50-70%.
- Red/Blue Steel is now made with 50-55% Black Steel, instead of 50-60%.
- Cooked food no longer appears raw when dropped on the ground as an entity.
- Fixed clients being able to see debug information even when the server has the config option disabled.
- Using the /debugmode command on a server will update the client of the player who issued the command to include the extra debug info and buttons. Any players who join while debug is enabled through this command will also see this information.
- Fixed butchering skill being applied to food dropped by killing zombies.
- Fixed falling cobblestone not dealing damage when coming in contact with players/mobs. Blocks now properly deal 100 HP of damage per block height fallen.
- Fixed propick not displaying the smithing bonus tooltip.
- Fixed tool racks rendering tools backwards when placed on the East/West side of a block.
- Fixed infused string not being transferred when combining/splitting infused cheese. Fixed the S key combining infused cheese with non-infused cheese.
- Fixed meat drops not having variations in flavor profiles.
- Fixed crafting of food adding extra blank/zeroed NBT tags.
- Fixed year length not reverting back after switching from SMP to SSP.
- Fixed food dupe exploit.
- Fixed sandwiches and salads not rendering some ingredients in the tooltip if one of the middle slots was left empty during creation.
- Fixed barrel interaction for IFluidContainerItems.
- Major general code cleanup. Hopefully this will give at least minor performance increases for those on struggling systems.
- Fixed NEI clay dupe exploit.
- Fixed achievement triggers block other crafting event handlers, such as getting the mold back from unshaped ingots.
- Fixed small ore clusters using the vein method for generation.
- Fixed crafting achievements not being triggered when the player shift-clicked the output.
- Fixed tool upgrading exploit possible with the MFR unifier.
- Fixed all vanilla plank blocks being converted to TFC oak plank blocks, instead of just vanilla oak plank blocks.
- Fixed buggy fruit tree saplings that appear normal creating buggy fruit tree logs that crash the game when rendered.
- Fixed TFCOre configuration options like maximum height not working properly.
TFC 0.79.22 Changelog
- Fire pits and forges will light mobs and players on fire if walked over while they are lit.
WAILA Support for animals:
- The word "Baby" appears before the animal's name if it is not an adult.
- The gender of the animal appears after the name with the ♂ or ♀ symbols.
- The expected due date for birth appears if the animal is pregnant.
- The word "Familiarized" is followed by a green check if the animal has been familiarized in the past 24 hours, and a red x if it has not.
- Numerical familiarity percent indicator. Off by default because there is already the heart icon.
- For adult female cows, the word "Milk" is followed by a green check or a red x depending on if the cow is ready to be milked.
- Flowers, reeds, mushrooms and vanilla crops (with the exception of pumpkin & melons) along with any other modded plants/crops that are EnumPlantType.Crop can now be planted on TFC farmland. Plants will behave the same way as they do in vanilla in regards to growth, and the farmland plot will restore nutrients as if it was laying fallow.
- Added a bunch more achievements.
- If interacting with a barrel/large vessel does not result in a transfer of liquid, the GUI will open. Example: Clicking on a liquid-filled barrel with a bucket of another liquid will open the interface, instead of doing nothing.
- Powder kegs can now be lit with a flint and steel, or by there being a fire block nearby.
- Tweaked unshaped unknown ingot to match the new brown ingot texture.
- There is now a 50% chance of getting the bowl back when finishing a salad. However, the clay forming recipe will now only give 2 bowls, instead of the previous 4.
- Fixed log duplication exploit.
- Fixed another ClassCastException from Railcraft heat blocks.
- Fixed trees spawning in incorrect climates. Existing worlds will very likely see a change in what saplings naturally respawn, as well as what trees are found in newly generated areas. There may be some odd world gen borders where the tree type suddenly changes between newly explored and already existing areas.
- Fixed empty bottles being deleted if there's no space for them in the inventory when drinking alcohol.
- Fixed NullPointerException crash when trying to break a metal sheet block that doesn't actually exist.
- Fixed snow accumulation to spread a bit more evenly across multiple heights.
- Fixed crop growth taking forever with year lengths of 192 or longer.
- Fixed not being able to switch tabs in barrels and the food prep interface if using a custom mod that alters the player's display name.
- Fixed almost all death messages just saying "Username died."
TFC 0.79.21 Changelog
WARNING: The formatting of the general config file has changed. The following information is required to prevent your game from experiencing issues or crashing. The file TFCOptions.cfg will be deleted the first time the game is run using the new version. A new file called TFCConfig.cfg will be replacing TFCOptions.cfg and is formatted slightly differently. It is a fresh file, and will not copy over any custom settings you had. If your server or client was using custom config values, you MUST put the new TFCConfig.cfg file in the config folder and edit it with your custom values BEFORE the game is run for the first time using the new version. If you do not, the game will run using the default options, and you will very likely experience issues or even crash when you try to change the config to your custom values. There will also no longer be any record of your custom values as the old config file will have been deleted. A copy of the new default TFCConfig.cfg file can be found here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/files/TFCConfig.cfgNew Features
- Added forge version enforcement so the game will not load if the installed forge version is not at least the version TFC was built on.
- Added WAILA display for timer on log piles while they are part of a lit charcoal pit, although this is only visible if the log pile is exposed with a metal (trap)door or you are quickly looking at it through the flames before the block burns up.
- Added config option for gold pans and sluices overworking chunks.
- Added ability for addons to add custom armors.
Added custom flower pots to hold TFC plants. Made directly from the clay forming interface, no pit kiln firing necessary. Cannot hold fruit tree saplings, but can hold all other saplings, flowers, and misc plants such as cacti and mushrooms.
- Clay forming recipe :
- Added tooltip to display durability bonus gained from smithing skill.
- Added animal time multiplier config option that changes both gestation period times and required days until adulthood.
- Added API functionality so addons can add custom chisel modes.
- Added config GUI support for the basic config options. The menu is accessed by clicking on Mods on the title screen, then selecting TerraFirmaCraft (not TFC%5Bcoremod%5D) from the list of mods, and then clicking the Config button.
- Added vanilla iron doors to the whitelist for valid charcoal pit cover blocks.
- Gold pans can no longer be filled from blocks that are underneath flowing water.
- Wooden buckets and ceramic jugs can now be filled from flowing water.
- Peat blocks now look like an item when in inventories or as an item floating on the ground.
- Unknown ingots are now stored in piles. Any unknown ingots currently in chests will not be able to be put back in the chest once removed. Changed texture of unknown ingots to a muddy brown.
- Errors and info displayed in the console are a bit cleaner.
- Quivers and items that would overburden the player will go into the back slot when picked up from the ground if the slot is empty.
- Quivers and items that would overburden the player can now be shift-clicked into the back slot.
Cleaned up shift-click behavior to be more consistent across containers.
- Food can now be shift-clicked into and out of the food prep interface. Other items can be shift-clicked into the side storage slots if they will fit.
- Shift-clicking items into the forge will first try to fill the input/fuel slots, and then place the entire rest of the stack in a single available storage slot.
- Added pottery placement help tooltip to large vessels.
- Fixed log piles not always burning their invalid cover blocks if the charcoal pit was lit far enough away.
- Fixed Bloomery ClassCastException.
- Fixed food displaying heat color information used for metals, instead of having a maximum temperature of Very Hot.
- Fixed a few rare NullPointerExceptions with the anvil, forge, and knapping interface.
- Fixed crucibles and leather racks being invisible if there are no other solid blocks in the sub-chunk (regular chunk also divided into 16-block sections vertically).
- Fixed stone walls being replaced by leaves.
- Fixed desync of chisel mode between server and client.
- Fixed back slot item being deleted on death when gamerule keepInventory is set to true.
- Fixed using hotbar numbers to remove an item from the crafting output slot not properly transferring any associated NBT data to the newly created item.
- Fixed clay and clay grass in areas with metamorphic surface areas not having the correct dirt background.
- Fixed hunger filling overlay when holding a piece of food not rendering.
- Fixed world generation getting out of control and creating massive tendrils in deep ocean biomes that could crash the game.
TFC 0.79.20 Changelog
Upgraded to Forge 10.13.4.1448
- Due to the new fluid mechanics in this version of forge, there may be some unexpected bugs with liquids in this update. If you come across any of these bugs, please report them ASAP.
- Nerfed wrought iron ingot rare drop from zombies.
- Fixed IllegalAccessError crash when mounting a horse, donkey, or mule.
- Fixed NullPointerException crash from knapping by locking the slot that contains the item used to open the interface.
- Fixed food prep render while using fast graphics.
- Fixed sheep incorrectly loading the date they were last familiarized from NBT data. This bug only affected sheep that had been completely unloaded due to chunks unloading or world reboots.
- Fixed oil lamps being able to be smelted in a crucible with no heat and providing the incorrect metal. Oil lamps can still be recycled in a crucible for 100 units, but they must contain no fuel and the crucible must be heated to the melting temperature of the lamp's metal.
- Fixed ability to heat up anvils in the forge, which would result in destroying the item. The only way to recycle anvils is in a crucible.
TFC 0.79.19 Changelog
- Added WAILA config option for displaying ore quality. Config option appears in the TerraFirmaCraft "module" section of the WAILA config screen.
- Added baby pheasant texture so they don't look so weird when the calendar screws up and they spawn as babies.
- Added chat message for failed attempts at using a forge due to an invalid chimney.
- Added localisation support for "Male", "Female", and "Pregnant" chat messages.
- Dog tails rotate according to the animal's health, just like with vanilla dogs.
- Added number overlay to the health bar displayed while riding animals. Fixed the "Press 'sneak' to dismount" message appearing when opening up a horse/donkey inventory. Fixed the experience bar not rendering while riding a boat/pig/minecart/etc, even though they have no jump bar that would replace it.
- Prospector's Pick results now display ore quality for players with a master prospecting skill.
Tweaked alcohol production so it only works with 4 to 12 oz of food per water bucket, instead of having no upper bounds.
- Note: Even with the added upper bounds, there are still a few cases where processing sugarcane will result in a barrel with a little fresh water that can convert to rum if left unattended.
- Gold pans have a 1 in 100 chance of breaking on the last of the 5 uses of a filled pan.
- Pheasant textures are now 64x32 like all other small animal textures. This fixes pheasants not rendering properly for players with very old graphics cards.
- Glass and Stained Glass blocks (not panes) are now considered solid blocks when checking for a valid chimney going straight up from the forge block.
- All TFC info messages that appear in chat are now grey and italicized to help distinguish from standard chat.
- Dirt, grass, gravel and sand blocks once again trigger block updates when destroyed by explosion. Should fix flying debris/tall grass/flowers/etc. leftover from surface explosions.
- Chopping down a tree now spawns combined itemstacks of logs instead of an individual log item entity for each block. While breaking from the top down, each time a full stack of 16 logs is reached the full itemstack entity is spawned at that height. Any leftover logs that don't make up a full stack of 16 will be spawned in an itemstack entity at the location of the block broken to trigger felling the tree.
Switched bow to use four pulling textures instead of three.
- Bow is drawing, but cannot be fired.
- Bow can be fired with the minimum amount of force.
- Bow is a bit more drawn just to help fill the animation gap.
- Bow is fully drawn.
- Crucibles with nothing in them now say "Empty" instead of "Unknown".
- Newly generated swamp biomes will have dirt underneath the water, instead of stone.
- Removed the grain restriction on the food prep slots while it is in sandwich mode, because there is no restriction on those slots while it is in salad mode so it was easy to get around anyways.
- Changed knapping interface to only consume the items from your inventory under specific conditions. Clay is consumed when the first valid recipe is formed. Rocks and leather are consumed when the first piece is removed from the screen.
- Fixed clicking on a placed metal sheet with a metal sheet of a different type converting the sheet in the player's hand to be the same type as the one that is placed.
- Fixed support beams being invisible to other players in SMP when placed top-down.
- Fixed lamps consuming fuel while they are turned off.
- Fixed ClassCastExceptions caused by forest generation, fence gates, saplings generating on farmland, debris generation, and biome decoration.
- Fixed NullPointerException in the anvil GUI.
- Hopefully fixed drunk players getting kicked from servers when attempting to type in chat.
- Fixed barrels attempting hide processing when food is sealed in a water barrel and is not a valid alcohol recipe.
- Fixed bloomery block deleting itself without dropping the item if the chimney is no longer valid.
- Hopefully fixed the ceramic break sound not playing for the player who broke the ceramic item.
- Fixed Chalcolithic achievement not triggering if filling the mold completely drains the vessel of liquid metal.
- Fixed loom duplication of string/yarn/jute fiber exploit.
- Fixed the height of a riding player not adjusting with the size of the ridden horse/donkey/mule.
- Fixed blast furnace destroying the ore if the crucible below it doesn't have enough space to hold the molten metal.
- Fixed tamed dogs with a collar becoming fully healed when pet.
- Hopefully fixed the rare case of the fire block being extinguished when the pit kiln timer completes, which resulted in the pit kiln failing to complete its conversion process.
- Fixed pond weed not being able to generate in fresh water.
- Fixed grass spreading to dirt blocks that are underwater.
- Semi-fixed the duplication bug from using NEI to look up a recipe while in the knapping interface. Rocks and leather will properly save the state they were previously in when the player looks up a recipe. Clay will reset, but is still somewhat buggy. If the clay screen is reset before the output item is taken, the interface will look like it has been reset, but in reality all the same spots have still been removed (exit interface to truly reset without losing clay if there was no valid output). If the clay is reset after the output item is taken, the interface properly resets and you are able to form a new item which will consume another 5 clay.
TFC 0.79.18 Changelog
- All water buckets (salt/fresh, wooden/red steel) can now be used to fill vanilla cauldrons. This was added per request for mod compatibility, but the request was not very specific. If this is incorrectly balanced please let us know exactly which buckets were supposed to be changed to work with cauldrons.
- Added config option to disable hiding of blocks and items from NEI. Set to false to show hidden items in NEI. Note: Most of these items were hidden to prevent players from cheating them in and crashing their game. Use at your own risk.
Powder keg explosions now scale according to how much gunpowder is inside.
- Requires a minimum of 12 gunpowder for a tiny explosion.
- Three stacks of gunpowder will give the previous B79 explosion size.
- A full barrel (12 stacks) will give the old B78 massive explosion.
- Large vessels can no longer be used as powder kegs.
- Added config option for server admins to disable powder kegs.
- Added the ability to glaze colors onto small ceramic vessels for easier organization. Craft an unfired clay vessel with any oredictionary-registered dye to color it. Crafting with another piece of dye will override the original color, not mix with it. There is no way to remove the color once it has been added.
- Items melted in the forge that result in only one ingot will go into the input slot rather than try to be moved over to the storage slots.
Bloom Overhaul - This change means that all large blooms must be split in the anvil in order to get the full amount of wrought iron. Once the bloom has been split into 100 unit or less pieces, it is up to the player if they wish to turn it into an ingot by using the anvil, forge, or crucible.
- Crucible input slot will no longer accept refined blooms larger than 100 units, or raw blooms of any size.
- Raw blooms that are melted in a forge will now give unknown metal.
- Refined & Raw Blooms of any size that are melted in the forge will give at maximum 100 units of metal. Any remaining units of metal will be destroyed.
- Removed the majority of plans being automatically selected in the anvil. Players must now manually select the plan.
- Splitting blooms no longer auto-places the blooms in the player's inventory. Instead, split blooms are spawned in the world on top of the anvil. Note: Due to how finicky item entities are in Minecraft, it is strongly suggested that you stand directly next to the anvil while splitting blooms to make sure you pick the items up.
- Changed wooden button crafting recipe to just use one plank block again.
- Seaweed can be quickly harvested using left or right click with a knife.
- Hoe modes won't switch to nutrient mode for stone hoes even when the player has a high enough agriculture skill since nutrient mode doesn't work on stone hoes no matter what.
- Added bone handle recipes for stone javelins. All stone tools should now be able to be crafted with either a stick or a bone as the handle. This difference does nothing other than add a use for bones.
- Lamps now give off the same light level as glowstone, instead of the light level of torches.
- Fixed anvils not taking world seed into account when determining placement of the red arrow for smithing. A "superseed" which is never shared with the client, and is determined on initial world load has also been added, so even worlds with the same seed that were generated at different times will have different red arrow placements for specific smithing recipes. Note: Unfortunately this change means that the red arrow placement on all existing worlds has changed, and your current combinations of moves will likely no longer work. However, this new arrow placement should not change even if the server reboots.
- Fixed mortar creation draining too much lime water, often resulting in a negative amount of liquid left in the barrel.
- Fixed sugarcane processing not properly checking the water : cane ratio, resulting in less than an ounce of sugar if too much cane was processed.
- Fixed ghost items in the input slot when barrel processing results in more than one full stack of items.
- Fixed sapling timer to properly use config modifier and start the moment the sapling has been planted.
- Fixed stone dropping the wrong rocks and no gems when mined by machines from other mods.
- Fixed burned out torches being replaced and consuming a torch if you miss and click the top/bottom side of a block.
- Fixed infinitely looping falling blocks on partially chiseled detailed blocks, as well as some other vanilla and modded blocks.
- Fixed rare exploit that allowed for growing crops underground.
TFC 0.79.17 Changelog
- Fixed server crash when using hoppers.
TFC 0.79.16 Changelog: Attack of the Kitty
- Upgraded to Forge 10.13.2.1291
- Important: This update breaks compatibility with the majority of TFC addons. Either uninstall all addons, or wait to update TFC until the addons you use are updated to be compatible.
Added official WAILA support for the majority of blocks.
- Note: Support for mobs and extended support for containers may or may not be added in future builds.
- Added ability to blow in empty jugs. Right click to blow, and look around to change the pitch. Note: The sound for this is a little quiet through standard speakers; best experienced while wearing headphones.
- Made from a single Gold, Platinum, Rose Gold, Silver, Sterling Silver or Blue Steel ingot in an anvil.
- Lamps can be filled with any liquid, but not all liquids will work as fuel. Olive oil is a valid fuel for all lamps. Lava is a valid fuel for blue steel lamps.
- Burn for about 2,000 in-game hours by default. Burn length is configurable. Blue steel lamps filled with lava will burn infinitely.
- Added TFC Hopper for creating olive oil. Crafted with two wrought iron double sheets in an anvil. Place the hopper over a barrel or large vessel, put olives inside, and then place a smooth stone block on top. This is a slow process. The TFC hopper does not have any of the vanilla hopper item moving functionality.
- Right click to extinguish or relight.
- Lilypads properly spawn in 1 deep water in swamp and lake biomes.
- Expanded EVT range for peat generation to be <= 0.25
- Added error message for when an invalid entry is located in TFCOre.cfg. Note: The game will still crash, but the error message will appear in the crash report as well as the console to point at which entry was invalid.
- Added chat message for attempting to plant seeds when there isn't enough sunlight.
- Localisation Updates
- Stone walls now connect to each other when stacked, allowing for taller walls.
- Moved TFCBlocks and TFCItems to the API so that the objects can be accessed without needing the main codebase.
- Increased create button size on food prep UI to better fit other languages.
- Added configuration option to control ravine and fissure generation frequency.
- Added help message to chisels to remind players that they need a hammer. Chisel's red block outline highlight and tool mode selection icon now only appear if the player also has the required hammer in their hotbar.
- Added config option for vanilla shears recipe. Disabled by default. Added Can Work : Can Weld heating messages to wrought iron knife blades.
- Changed the tooltip on bloom items to display units instead of %.
- Tweaked blast furnace to treat ore in a queue manner, so the item in the first slot will always be the hottest.
- Food can no longer be put in the input slots of the forge. Use a firepit or a grill instead to cook your food!
- Adjusted nutrient drains of wheat, maize, barley, rye, oats, rice and potatoes so that they are less likely in the average case to completely drain a 100%-starting plot of nutrients before reaching maturity. This does not mean that such a situation is no longer possible, and if the crops are grown in minimum temperatures, or on plots that are not properly hydrated or start will full nutrients, it is likely to still happen.
- Sandwiches and Salads will no longer shift-click into the crafting grid.
- Snow melts a bit slower.
Collapsible Block Overhaul.
- Support beams will now properly hold up dirt, gravel and cobblestone blocks. Sand is still not, and will never be supported by support beams. Note: Support beams will not catch blocks that are already falling, they are still for prevention, NOT protection. Fixed weird behavior when placing these blocks around support beams that caused them to occasionally shift sideways. Fixed supported dirt blocks disappearing when turning into grass.
- Cave ins now properly propagate to ore blocks, turning them into falling cobblestone. Ore blocks will also now be destroyed by falling blocks, so cave ins that happen above an ore vein that fall onto it will DESTROY the ore. Note that in both of these cases, no ore items will be dropped, as the ore has been destroyed. This behavior can be changed in the configs.
- Fixed getDrops method of ore blocks, so that they properly drop the correct quality of ore or item/powder, instead of the generic ore/mineral item - This will hopefully fix issues with blocks that break other blocks from other mods, such as buildcraft quarries.
- Added missing size information to TFC flint & steel.
- Snow can generate on top of thatch.
Major Horse Cleanup
- When opening a horse inventory it will now always be the horse you are either riding, or properly the one clicked on - Fixes saddle duplication bugs and other random crashes related to opening inventory.
- Rewrote horse inventory to use TFC's modular inventory system. Note: Clicking a horse with a saddle will no longer do anything. Players must open the horse inventory manually in order to add the saddle.
- Breeding horses now properly results in variations. Donkeys and Horses can be bred to create mules.
- Feeding an animal while breeding or familiarizing now properly replenishes some hunger. Pigs struck by lightning no longer turn into vanilla zombie pigmen.
- Added TFC Jack o'Lanterns. They behave the same way as vanilla, but cannot be used to create golems. Vanilla jack o'lanterns will automatically turn into TFC ones when picked up from the ground.
- Disabled creation of snow and iron golems using TFC pumpkins or jack o'lanterns.
- Updated sugarcane textures so they are no longer identical to reeds.
- Removed a bunch of stuff from the creative menu and NEI display that shouldn't be cheated in anyways.
- Moved barrel and large vessel preservation to the API. Brined food sealed in brine has a 0.75 decay modifier.
- Grills now act like trap doors to allow forge access. Shift-right click on a completely empty grill to open it. Right click on an open grill to close it. The location of the hinge is dependent on where the player clicks when placing the block. Removed config option for 3D grill render.
- Fixed arrows and javelins "stuck" in blocks going into the inventory instead of the quiver when picked up. Also fixed related bug that caused item duplication.
- Fixed wolves not properly consuming bones for taming when the player is sneaking.
- Fixed being able to familiarize pigs more than once a day, resulting in the inability to breed pigs while sneaking.
- Fixed inconsistency between Large Vessel and Barrel GUIs, resulting in some output messages being missing.
- Fixed clay/clay grass and peat/peatg grass not being a valid charcoal pit cover. All opaque cubes (take up the full 1m^3 space) are valid charcoal pit covers.
- Fixed having to have 1 extra support beam in inventory in order to place top-down.
- Fixed weird behavior when trying to cook berries. With the exception of maize ears, only dough and bread stages for grains can be cooked (i.e. harvest, refined & flour cannot be cooked). Sugar, sugarcane, sandwiches and salads also cannot be cooked.
- Fixed creation of a forge if the cursor is moved off the (char)coal block while holding use on a firestarter.
- Fixed chiseled blocks deleting themselves when the vertical strip of the South East corner is removed.
- Tilling grass always sets the nutrients to 100% full no matter the year length. Fixed nutrients draining to small negative values.
- Fixed all isSideSolid calls so they are checking if the correct block's side is solid.
- Fixed a bunch of Class Cast Exceptions and Null Pointer Exceptions reported through players who have OpenEye installed.
- The seal date should now be correctly read from broken barrels.
- Fixed majority of crashes caused by cheating in leather racks. Creative mode is only for debugging. Use at your own risk.
- Fixed forges not dropping contents when broken.
- Fixed Chest and Barrel dropping when doTileDrops is false.
- Fixed a few ore dictionary mistakes.
- Fixed molten block fountain bug.
- Fixed cobblestone blocks created from cave-ins not being recognized by the NEI/WAILA HUD.
- Fixed logs playing placement sound and doing the placement animation even when they aren't actually being placed.
- Fixed javelins getting negative durability.
- Moved loading ores to postInit so that ores from other mods are already registered. Hopefully fixes most TFCOre.cfg related crashes.
- Fixed smoke racks not properly turning black when complete.
- Fixed ability to throw full stacks of logs on a firepit to continually fuel it.
- Removed breaking particles from some blocks that are using the wrong ones.
- Fixed being able to place goldenrods just about anywhere.
TFC 0.79.15 Changelog
- Unlit pumpkins no longer have faces again.
- Naturally generated fruit trees now have the same number of leaves as player grown fruit trees. Tweaked hitbox of fruit tree branches to make it easier to harvest saplings and fruit. Fruit can now be harvested from leaves using left or right click. Nerfed amount of fruit each leaf blocks drops to 4 - 16 ounces.
- Barrels no longer accept liquids with a temperature above 385 Kelvin. No more storing lava in a wooden barrel.
- Carpets can now be dyed with both vanilla and TFC dyes.
- Only fresh water barrels can be used to cool items down.
- Familiar animals can now be renamed even if they have already been named once.
- Bears can only be familiarized once a day. Made bears harder to familiarize by default, meaning that feeding them fish increases the familiarity by a much smaller value.
- Increased adult familiarity cap for bears, deer and pheasants since the babies are unobtainable.
- Set the adult familiarity cap for all other animals to be below the required value for naming.
- Chickens and pheasants can once again be plucked without having to be familiarized first, but plucking will decrease familiarity.
- Removed wolves having to wait a month after giving birth to breed again.
- Wolves will eat all meat with the exception of calamari.
- Female wolves will no longer chase after nearby male wolves after giving birth.
- Wolf collars can be dyed using both vanilla and TFC dyes.
- Wolves will only accept bones if they don't have an owner.
- Note: Wolf behavior in general is still a bit wonky, and likely will be until they are completely rewritten.
- Fixed armor stands always dropping armor with full durability when "killed".
- Fixed seeds displaying the propick's "Found nothing of interest" message instead of "It's too cold to plant this, it wouldn't survive very long."
Fixed crafted items such as bricks not stacking when crafted using a smithed tool.
- Note: Existing items that do not stack will still experience the bug; this fix is only for items crafted from this update onwards.
Fixed graphite only spawning in schist.
- Note: This fix only applies to newly generated terrain. Chunks that have been loaded before this update will not have this fix, and the graphite will still only be located in schist rock. Unfortunately there is no simple way to retroactively generate the mineral. Deleting the region data for an area and regenerating the terrain will correctly spawn the graphite in all the intended stone types. Delete with caution as any changes to that area since it was originally generated will be reverted.
- Fixed NullPointerException for the majority of cases where an item is missing necessary NBT data. An error message will print in the console if such an item is created. Please let us know if you ever see the error message in your console log.
- Fixed hunger bar showing part of the thirst bar to the right of it while the player is saturated.
Fixed door duplicating when broken by a falling block.
- Note: Not all instances of the falling block duplicating were fixed.
- Fixed donkeys not always dropping their chest contents on death.
- Fixed NullPointerException from putting hot items in a barrel with no liquid.
- Fixed bear familiarity indicator staying black.
TFC 0.79.14 Changelog
Important: I highly recommend updating to forge v1272 to help with lag.
- Altered Cheese production slightly. Adding a bucket of vinegar to milk now creates a milk + vineger mix. More milk can be added afterward, if desired, to top off the barrel or it can be immediately sealed to create curdled milk. When turning curdled milk into cheese any edible food(except more cheese) can be added to infuse the cheese with extra flavor. Only 20oz or less will be accepted by the recipe. The exact amount determines the total amount of flavor added.
- Disabled frog sound below freezing temperatures.
- Adjusted familiarity indicator display to better indicate progress.
- Chickens will follow all livestock food instead of just wheat grain. Livestock will follow maize ears in addition to grains to match breeding items.
- Removed luring deer with vanilla wheat.
- Replaced all Blocks.air checks with isAir() for better compatibility. Should fix inability to till random soil blocks when Railcraft is installed.
- Fancy Spawn Egg Colors!
- Organized Creative tabs some more.
- Added nutrient tool tip to seeds. Only visible with at least expert agriculture skill (same as using nutrient hoe mode).
- Decreased speed that crucible inputs single liquid unshaped metal units for easier precision. Increased speed that crucible outputs into molds.
- Disabled Hemp Seeds. Note: This will result in a Forge Mod Loader error when you first load up your existing worlds. It is perfectly safe to hit "Yes".
- Disabled autoselection of plans in the anvil because this process cannot determine who the lastworker is. This can cause a number of issues. Will revisit this at a later point if a good way to determine the lastworker is found.
- Added Turkish Localization
- When chiseling, the red box that appears when detailing now also appears in other chisel modes.
- Updated several localisations.
- Added stained glass as a valid charcoal pit cover.
- Torches can be manually extinguished if right clicked with no torch or stick in hand.
- Made knife help tooltip more intuitive with non-soil block cause.
- All vanilla World Types now default to the normal TFC world type if generated.
- Tweaked basically every Gui behind the scenes to fix a few issues with texture packs.
- While food is being smoked, it will prevent decay ticks.
- When Smoking food, the string will now turn black when the item is fully smoked to give the players some indication that it is done.
- Donkeys no longer drop their chest on death. This is to prevent getting vanilla chests until I can rewrite horses.
- Fixed fences being replaced by leaves.
- Spindles no longer stack and cannot be repaired by crafting together
- Fixed Iron Age Achievement not triggering.
- Added a few more null and NullPointerException checks. NEI and other mods should not be producing NullPointerException errorsanymore, and should render all items correctly.
- Fixed armor stands not dropping armor when "killed"
- Fixed Quiver Duping.
- Fixed picking up skeleton arrows/javelins when wearing a quiver.
- Prevent creepers, spiders, skeletons and zombies from spawning in leaves and thatch blocks.
- Fixed, zombies had a chance of dropping vanilla tools.
- Fixed leaves replacing sequoia trunks on generation.
- Fixed spawn protection not being correctly loaded.
- Fixed a bug where destroying a double chest could return a vanilla chest.
- Crops will now properly only drop harvests when the hoe ready mode is green, and no sooner. With the exception of peppers, this is when the crop is in the final stage of growth, and is using the final texture.
- Fixed brining not affecting flavor. Fixed inability to brine/pickle cheese.
- Fixed puppies despawning.
- Fixed barrels not draining liquid from the block when converting to an item when broken - Fixes cheese dupe.
- The seal date should now be correctly stored on broken barrels.
- Fixed ClassCastException from Debris checking if their top is solid instead of the top of the block below them.
- Fixed detailed blocks and slabs giving an invisible item when destroyed by falling block.
- Fixed falling blocks trying to fall through blocks with solid top and creating a never-ending falling sound.
- Fixed donkey inventory not functioning like a TFC Chest.
TFC 0.79.13 Changelog
Important: This update will cause stairs to disappear from your world due to the rewrite. I apologize.
- Added custom death message for alcohol poisoning and heat stroke.
- Partially rewrote drunk code so that drunk effects properly appear and disappear.
- Items that implement IFluidContainerItem can be used with barrels and large vessels now. This will add support for fluid item containers that are not in the simple forge FluidContainerRegistry, but instead use the IFluidContainerItem interface.
- Slowed decay for Wheat, Barley, Oat, Rye & Rice Grain (item, not category). Now decays at the same base rate as eggs and cheese.
- Tool Racks can be placed on solid sides of blocks, instead of only opaque cubes. Allows for placement on the large face of slabs.
- Tweaked where the bloom item drops when breaking a bloom block to provide more consistency. For best results stand in the block directly in from of the bloomery doors. Standing further away may cause the item to do weird things #BlameMojang
- Hammers no longer take damage from chiseling.
- Rewrote stairs to be less resource intensive.
- Removed some silly code and tweaked water drinking by hand to be faster. Lowered drinking sound volume.
- Blast furnace will no longer accept items while there is a player inside the chimney.
- The owner of a wolf can now leash it to remove its anger toward a target. Note: This is still wonky when wolves are angry at other wolves.
- Cheese can now be smoked. It does not need to be brined first.
- Fixed NameTag UI not sizing with screen.
- Fixed invisible water plant block in creative menu.
- Fixed grass sky check for grass, claygrass & peatgrass.
- Fixed the Unknown farmland block.
- Fixed buggy alcohol poisoning death.
- Fixed vanilla MC creating new snow if there is already some there.
- Removed barrel console spam.
- Fixed vanilla bow being created instead of TFC Bow.
- Fixed several instances of floating trees.
- Fixed support beams not being placed client side when placing from the top down.
- Fixed anvil not returning the correct damageDropped value. This also fixes the naming bug with NEI.
- Fixed being drunk and typing not attaching the players name to the chat message.
- Fixed wolf health resetting to 20 when taming
- Fixed transfer command not being usable unless opped.
TFC 0.79.12 Changelog: Attack of the Pull Requests
Upgraded to Forge 10.13.2.1236
- Detailed blocks now support onSideSolid checks for various purposes. Up to 12 miniblocks may be carved out of a side before it is no longer considered solid.
- Chiseling stairs now supports carving large sections out of a block instead of only allowing basic shaped stairs. Corner stairs are now a thing.
- The new year now starts in January instead of March
- The bottom of the crucible hitbox was adjusted to help prevent miss-clicking when attempting to click on the forge beneath it.
- Lit torchs can now have their timer reset by interacting with another lit torch.
- Small Vessels with metal in them now show the metal amount in the tooltip.
- Blueprints for chiseled blocks now support rotation of the blueprint.
- Added visual heat bar to food icons.
- Fixed disappearing grass bug that appeared in 79.11
- Fixed Large Vessel gui showing incorrect time.
- Lit torches should now properly extinguish in the rain.
- Unfired large vessels can no longer pick up water.
- Fixed squashed side texture on bellows.
TFC 0.79.11 Changelog
Upgraded to Forge 10.13.2.1236
- Vertical support beams can now be placed on the ceiling and they will place all the supports needed to reach the floor.
- You can set a pit kiln on fire by dropping a torch on it, also addad a few sparks as a visual confirmation that it's working.
- Added Overworked indicator to sluices.
- Less than 1/4 full hunger now results in weakness and mining fatigue.
- Updated some AvoidEntity calls to certain animals and disabled vanilla spider jockeys
- Tweaked food prep UI
- Added a timer check to food for trimming decay to prevent the player from trimming decay while food is still trying to play catchup from a large time skip.
- Disabled forge gui hotbar keys
- Firestarter will generate smoke when it gets damaged from being used to start a fire.
- Replaced paper with straw for increasing the chance of making a firepit.
- Added sound to firestarter.
- Tweaked wolf litter sizes to be one to two puppies.
- Added new "Preserving" message to pickled food that is being stored in Vinegar.
- Fix for rendering unknown dirt farmland.
- Fixed too high catastrophic support beam collapse chance. Now set to a flat 1% chance of supports snapping when a cavein occurs above them.
- Fixed several charcoal related bugs.
- Fixed alcohol partial recipes not functioning.
- Added missing Silver, HC and Unknown molding recipes.
- Fixed frog sound. Will only play at night in fresh water surface block, and if there is a grass or water plant block near by.
- Added code to make sure that knives are destroyed when handling food.
- Fixed health bar showing current health as higher than max health.
- Fixed rare stack overflow from dense forest generation.
- Fixed flying sequoia trees in snowy areas.
- Leaves should now properly cause slowdown to entities when walking through them
- Wool sheared from sheep can be turned into yarn again
- Fixed scythe not taking damage.
- Nametag no longer tries to reference non-existent nametag texture.
- Fixed bow animations and rendering using ASM. Removed some vanilla lines that were hardcoded by mojang.
- Fixed leaves and thatch not causing slowdown when being walked through.
- Bloom to iron ingot process is now properly Refine -> Split -> Refine
- Can no longer quickstack foods with various processing tags which caused the loss of all tags.
- Fixed brining not consuming the correct amount of brine
- Fixed Barrel giving incorrect pickling message.
- Fixed knife dupes with splitting food.
TFC 0.79.10 Changelog
- Rewrote powder kegs. Explosions hitting raw stone now have a chance to create cobblestone instead of dropping loose rocks.
- Mobs can no longer spawn inside of thatch blocks.
- Made bell peppers a more tropical crop, less resistant to the cold. Should make them less common in the wild in colder climates.
- Minor fish tweaks.
- Moon phases are now based on the year length.
- Added many TFC items to the forge fuel handler so that they can burn in other mods' devices.
- Adjusted chiseling rules so that you can not chisel any raw stone block that has raw stone, or an ore block, within the 2 blocks directly above it.
- Fixed melee skeletons.
- Fixed a few more cases of unknown dirt.
- Fixed temperature discontinuity at certain heights.
- Fixed fruit trees spawning in rainfall values higher than 500, instead of at least 500.
- Fixed armor stands despawning.
- Fixed crashes from placing incorrect blocks underneath grills.
- Fixed propick messages not being translated in SMP.
- Fixed gravel dropping flint with metadata.
- Fixed familiarity indicator not working for all animals.
TFC 0.79.9.357 Changelog
- Fixed horses not spawning and being deleted from pre-existing worlds.
TFC 0.79.9.356 Changelog
- Adjusted chiseling rules so that you can not chisel any block with with 2 raw stone blocks above it. I'm aware that this can be a pain for decoration but I put the usefulness of support beams above that.
- TFC Gravel should now drop flint the same way as vanilla
- Deer no longer run from players if familiarized enough.
- Bears no longer attack players if familiarized enough. Bears should still attack players if attacked first.
- Thatch now blocks light.
- Anvils only make sounds when actions are actually performed.
- Rewrote how items melt in the forge. Large items that return more than 1 mold full of metal no longer return as a stack. They will instead grab a mold from the forge storage slots 1 at a time and attempt to return them to the storage area. If there is no more room, they will be spit out into the world.
- Compressed entity data when sent to the client. Less precise client-side values, but that's alright. Saves a lot of space and allows for a lot more information to be sent.
Added familiarity indicator to animals. Sneak to see it. It will have a white border if the familiarity will no longer decay. It will turn gold when familiarity is maxed out.
- Note: Currently only working properly for wolves. Indicator will be empty for all other animals. #DunkCode
- Vanilla sticks and planks will get replaced with TFC items on pickup. Temporary solution to boat crash drops.
- Config Changes - Removed enableInnerGrassFix config, added configs for disabling cave ins and changing the spawn protection buffer.
- Added null checks to prevent clientside crucible crashing.
- Fixed misplacing a Grill deletes it from the inventory.
- AnvilManager now clears recipes when the world is unloaded to prevent massive recipe list when making new worlds.
- Fix Ore Breaking Animation.
- Fixed animals not being able to be familiarized when pregnant.
- Fixed wolves butt-scooching around when sitting.
- Fixed sheep and cows only being familiarized by shift clicking while shearing and milking.
- Fixed array mismatch which caused trapdoors to render with the wrong metal types. This has the side effect of changing Metal Sheet blocks. I apologize if your placed sheets suddenly change.
- Fix Chiseled Slab and Stair Breaking Animations.
- Fixed Metal Trap Door Hinge Breaking Animations.
- Added missing Trap Door localization
- Anvil recipes no longer change based on which dimension you are in.
- Skeletons now correctly drop the TFC Bow.
- Fixed leather rack not being destroyed when the block beneath is destroyed.
- Fixed some metal sheets not having an Smeltable metal type associated.
- Added some null checks to ingot piles to prevent crashes.
- Fixed non ore items allowing you to overfill a bloomery
- Corrected trees not growing in new chunks if they were covered by snow. Also slightly rewrote the system for validating that a tree can survive in a particular climate.
- Fixed falling blocks disappearing when they fell on certain blocks.
- Fixed javelins not being used out of quivers.
TFC 0.79.8 Changelog
- Reduced Hardness of all Smooth Stone and Stone Brick Blocks
- Can now cut decay from items as long as there is a knife in your inventory by adding a single piece of food to the crafting grid. It will scan your inventory for a knife and damage it. This facilitates the altered process for the D key trim. It now uses this no-knife recipe. This should hopefully get rid of the knife dupe.
- Added ASM tweak to fully prevent players from moving when overburdened.
- Squids can be named with name tags. Named squids don't despawn
- Updated Chinese localizations
- You can now drink by right clicking any fresh water. Removed feet drinking.
- Rewrote Detailed Block Rendering. Performance should be a lot better. Also fixes odd lighting issues that have been around since forever. Should also fix the Detailed block crash that affects some people with too many detailed blocks in a chunk. Big thanks to Fuami for rewriting this!
- Tweaked fallingblock code to be provide more consistency. Caveins cannot be prevented by placing planks above your head.
- Tweaked nutrition calculations once again.
- Fixed several bugs with splitting Iron blooms.
- Fixed Greenbeans and Soybeans not restoring nutrient C.
- Breaking a bloom block should now correctly move the item into the block containing the bloomery so that the player can retrieve it.
- Fixed server armor stand crash
- Fixed Display bugs with barrel giving incorrect feedback. The initial process of pickling now takes 4 hours instead of being instant since players kept thinking this was a bug.
- Fixed invisible item due to blocks falling on stairs.
- Fixed Bottle Deletion with Barrel Interactions. Barrels now only fill one item at a time.
- No more chat spam on placing armor stands and the stacks properly decrease.
- No more crashes when shift-right clicking baby animals with a non-food item
- Barrels now delete themselves when they blow up.
- Fathers correctly transfer traits to their offspring now.
- Fixed Leather Rack Breaking Animation.
- Marked IngotPiles / Looms / FenceGates as can't update, might help tps on larger servers.
- Hopefully fixed debris double item drop.
- Fixed Fuse Sound for Powder Keg
- Fix random breaking of rope ( Leashes )
- Fix Crash with Donkey Chests.
- Fixed, water plants were not being generated in 1 block deep water. Also fixes the Cattail render problem.
- Fixed breaking animation for barrels & vessel with fluids in them.
- Corrected berry-fruits not dying because of temperature
- Fixed food not disappearing from foodprep when weight <= 0
- Metal trap doors are now a proper charcoal pit cover.
- Fixed several bugs with Curdled Milk creation.
- Animals now drop a minimum of 0.1oz of meat when your butchering skill is low.
- Barrels Now Properly Synchronize to Clients when Sealing and Unsealing.
- Corrected temperatures. Temperature starts raising at 6:00, starts decreasing at 18:00
- Added knife heads to heat index so you can make shears.
- Fix Shift Click Ghosts by sending the Slot when the item is removed.
- Leather rack should no longer drop two soaked hides when destroyed.
TFC 0.79.7 Changelog
- Brining recipe now only uses 60 liquid per oz. This makes it possible to brine 160oz of food.
- Thatch and various other blocks are now displaced by water.
- Modified vinegar pickling mechanic to consume 1mB per 1oz of food being pickled.
- Log piles and pottery now consider themselves as fire sources when lit. Rain won't put them out etc.
- Changed color of brine and corn whiskey
- Added 5 tick delay to quickstack/quicktrim hotkeys to prevent knife duping.
Tweaked the rate at which some items burn.
- Log piles burn twice as slow to give players a bit more time to save their burning charcoal pits.
- Can now make cheese in the large vessel as well as the barrel.
- Redesigned the way that taste interacts with nutrition and how satisfaction affects the player. Taste no longer directly affects the nutrition gained from eating a meal. Instead, it affects only the satisfaction gained, with more satisfaction being added the closer that the meal's taste is to the players preferences. When the player is satisfied, they will gain residual nutrition based upon the player's current nutritional levels with more nutrition gained when the player is malnourished than if he isn't.
- Fixed FoodPrep block not always deleting food when the weight was <= 0.
- Fixed bucket crash on picking up liquids with which they were not allowed to carry.
- Added back in the Armor Stand Recipes.
- Fixed tannin recipe requiring too much water so that you couldn't make it in a Large Vessel.
- Fixed Prospecting skill not saving.
- Fixed crafting recipe for glass bottles. Now gives TFC glass bottles instead of vanilla.
- Fixed barrel and vessel not ticking food decay.
- Fixed crafting recipe for paper.
- Fixed vinegar recipe to be 10oz fruit per bucket instead of 10.01 oz.
- Fixed firepit being affected by rain while under thatch
- Fixed thatch not breaking from sand
- Fixed metal trapdoor crash
- Fixed falling blocks not breaking worlditem blocks.
- Fixed some trees placing the wrong dirt beneath themselves
- Fixed sulfur dropping flux.
- Fixed leather rack crash.
- Barrels should no longer fill with water when there is more than 1 solid item inside. If there is only 1, it will switch to liquid mode and move the item to the input slot.
- Can no longer place torches on top of pottery.
- Fixed another isSupported off by one error with support beams.
- Fixed smoke rack rendering, smoke racks not accepting items on X direction racks, and insta-drying on racks.
- Fixed infinite dirt/stone from falling blocks.
- Fixed trees failing to generate sometimes when the NoTree layer occured.
- Fixed barrelception correctly this time.
- Fixed impossible sequoia growth
- Fixed Lime Water recipe not being Tech 0.
- Fixed filling barrels from other barrels and vessels not sealing the new barrel and losing all liquids.
- Fixed bow animations using vanilla animation speeds.
- Fixed Straw/Hide beds showing unlocalised chat messages.
- Fixed missing water block names.
- Fixed cheese making not functioning.
- Fixed barrel sealtime using the wrong date
- Fixed some cases of sealed barrels not having a seal time
- Fixed Large vessel liquid dupe.
- Fixed lava flowing into water causing vanilla cobble and obsidian to spawn.
- Fixed items not being destroyed in lava.
- Fixed many issues with blocks falling on tile entities.
- Fixed shift-click refining grains causing knife to be lost.Fixed leather recipe only giving 1 leather regardless of hide size.
TFC 0.79.6 Changelog
- Added some more code to prevent superfog on world load for some people. Hopefully it helps. This bug does not affect everyone so I just have to keep trying things until we get it right.
- Attempting to place collapsible blocks like dirt on top of thatch will now break the thatch block.
- Fixed isSupported off by one error causing certain blocks to be unable to find a wood support that should be close enough.
- Fixed barrels being filled with rainwater under thatch.
- Fixed not being able to place logs and ingots in the liquid side of a barrel thereby preventing certain recipes. Oops!
- Saplings should now properly grow.
- Fixed some barrel/vessel shift click issues.
- Grass should no longer grow on dirt that is covered by another solid block.
TFC 0.79.5 Changelog
- Added various language support
- Barrels can now be filled from other barrels and large vessels. They can also be emptied into other barrels and large vessels via right clicking on the block.
- Removed vanilla sugar recipe to reduce confusion.
- Changed vanilla reeds name to Reeds instead of sugarcane
- Barrels can hold Large Items now instead of medium.
- Added some null checks to prevent a rare NPE on chunk unload.
- Fixed some sluice placement issues
- Fixed mortar made in the barrel with stacksize > 64 causing infinite item. Now items with large stack sizes will hide the extra items in the solid storage slots and move them into main slot as soon as an item is taken from the main slot.
- Fixed Generic damage defense scaling the wrong way.
- Added a familiarizedToday check to feeding animals so that breeding them is correctly possible.
- Fixed dirt falling with rock sound.
- Fixed explosions dropping the wrong item type
- Charcoal blocks should no longer be crushed by falling blocks.
- Fixed 0 weight food not disappearing.
- Barrels can no longer hold ingots or logs.
TFC 0.79.4 Changelog
- Changed Unfinished Armor tooltip to be smaller. Moved the "Stage" part down into the tooltip.
- Unfinished metal armor is now smeltable back into liquid metal.
- Ore dictionary tweaks.
- The Size/Weight of food stacks has been changed so that full food stacks weigh less in the inventory. As a result, they fit in more slots without needing to be split.
- Wolves now do slashing damage instead of generic.
- Removed placement restrictions on thatch blocks. Note: It is still not a solid block.
- Tweaked tree worldgen spawn parameters. Allowed a few tree types to spawn further south and reduced the minimum biotemp for jungle trees so that they recede back towards the equator.
- Added a check to try and prevent fog from being super dense for some people.
- Fixed vertical support not breaking when the block at its base was destroyed.
- Merged tool rack into a single block instead of two separate blocks. This fixes the Acacia Crash.
- Fixed loom chat spam.
- Fixed tannin production crash.
- Fixed grass blocks not having grass material. Fruit trees are now plantable on grass, oops!
- Fixed barrels filled via right clicking water not causing overburden.
- Pondweed and cattails should no longer drop items when destroyed.
- Fixed some flower naming issues.
- Fixed H Supports dropping the wrong item when a falling block destroyed them.
- Fixed losing item equipped in your back slot when upgrading crafting grid.
- Prevented fruit tree block from replacing itself when broken by hand. Instead it just drops nothing.
TFC 0.79.3 Changelog
- Disabled spawning on beaches. This should prevent spawning in oceans and also be a lot less cool.
- Added missing jute barrel recipe.
- Wild crops no longer drop seeds when they die from environmental causes. This stops the world from eventually becoming overrun by seeds.
- Fixed server anvil crash
- Clay grass now always has at least 1 item drop of clay. This brings it in line with non-grass-covered clay blocks.
- Water plants should disappear if not in water.
- Fixed several issues with support beams
- Fixed goldenrod spawning crazy amounts
- Fixed loom crash again, my bad.
- Fixed mortar recipe only giving 1 mortar per sand block
- Added some validation to various block checks to prevent related crashes
- Fixed sulfur not spawning above lava
- Fixed sluices only accepting salt water as input
- Fixed Creeper crash again.
- Fixed killing animal with a projectile does not drop meat.
- Fixed food recipe result items showing too much food weight.
TFC 0.79.2 Changelog
- Fixed creeper crash
- Fixed a different seaweed crash Forgot a null check :/
- Fixed barrels not retaining solid storage
- Fixes goldenrods spawning in water
TFC 0.79.1 Changelog
- Fixed log piles not stacking
- Fixed harvesting seaweed crash and missing seaweed item name
- Goldenrod flowers now grow over clay even if the clay is under a layer of soil.
- Fixed client world init packet not being sent to clients by the server.
- Fixed limewater recipe not consuming flux.
- Fixed loom NullPointerException
- Fixed Brining recipe always returning false.
- Fixed S hotkey crash.
TFC 0.79.0 Changelog
IMPORTANT: Minecraft 1.7 is known to have very bad lighting calculations which are exacerbated by TFC’s 256 height worlds. As a result, minecraft may run very poorly with TFC installed. To fix this and many other issues with minecraft performance it is highly recommended that you use FastCraft by Player . This mod is optional and can be run by both a server or client to correct issues with vanilla code. Chickenbone’s NEI as well as Dries007’s NEI Plugin are both recommended for looking up the new recipes while the wiki is still under construction.
Added Ore Dictionary support for many items.
- I did not add everything because there are just so many things, so please let me know if there is something specific you would like added. -Kitty
- Added Leather Rack. Right click on the top a horizontal placed log with a soaked hide. Then right click on all of the spots on the hide with a knife to scrape the pieces off. Scraping the last piece off will give the scraped hide.
- Added a bunch of new flowers. No use for them yet other than to be pretty.
- Hot Springs now regenerate player health.
- Barrels now render their liquids inside, and containers can be filled and emptied into barrels by right clicking on the barrel with item in hand. Unsealed barrels collect rainwater.
- Added wood-specific chests.
- Added a bunch of new ambient and animal sounds, including crickets and frogs at night.
- Added rock-specific gravel that now spawns in varying depths beneath the dirt.
- Added Large Ceramic Vessel that acts as a lower tech version of the barrel in all respects. It can only hold 5000mb of liquid which is half the capacity for the normal barrel and only has 9 slots for solid storage instead of 12. As mentioned before, the tech level is lower which means that some recipes like alcohol simply aren’t available until you have a barrel.
- Added capacity for wearable objects. At this time we’ve opted to start slowly with only items that are carryable on your back. If you have an item in your inventory that has been marked as too heavy for normal carrying, you will be unable to move until the item is removed or it is placed on your back. These items will render correctly as though you are carrying it. Examples of carryable objects would be sealed barrels and anvils.
- Added 2 new meal types, Sandwiches and Salads. Removed the old generic Meal and redesigned the food prep interface. Sandwiches have a higher max food weight value than other meal types and the entire thing is eaten in one use instead of increments. Additionally sandwiches give a 25% boost to filling over other food types. Salads on the other hand are your basic meal and are incredibly easy to create.
All foods now have tastes associated with them. Each player also has a specific preferred taste profile that is determined by the players name and the world seed.
- When players make meals they want to get the taste profile of the meal to match the taste profile of whomever is going to consume the meal as closely as possible because this increases both the satisfaction(which makes food last longer) and the nutritional value of the meal for that player(I’m aware this isn’t realistic please don’t make threads about it).
- All foods have a base taste profile which is then modified by various factors. In the case of animals, the modified taste is random(I want to expand upon this to make it more controlled in the future). When it comes to crops however, the modified taste value is directly influenced by the environment in which it is grown and can be controlled by the player (Again I want to expand upon this in the future to make it more transparent).
- When making a meal, all of the tastes are added together to determine the taste of the meal. This is pretty straight forward.
Added name tag crafting recipe: marking, paper, string
- Right-click a name tag to give it a name
Fishing has been rewritten to provide a much more rewarding experience.
- Hold right click to charge the fishing rod when casting
- Reel in the bobber by right clicking
- When a fish bites onto the line, try to reel it in without letting the line snap
- Squid now only spawn in the ocean, and bass now spawn in lakes.
Added Prospecting and Butchering Skills.
- Leveling up your prospecting skill will cause less false negatives to occur. It also has a role to play in panning for ores, causing higher tier ores to be available to find. Example: Reaching Adept level unlocks silver to be found from panning.
- Butchery skill is gained when killing any animal. As this increases, more meat will drop from animals that are killed. As a result of this, the amount of meat dropped at low levels is drastically reduced. With no skill in butchery, only 1% of current amounts will drop as usable meat to simulate the players lack of knowledge about general animal anatomy.
- Added weather and time based fog effects where fog will close in during inclement weather or early in the mornings.
- Torches now burn out after roughly 48 in game hours. They can easily be relit by right clicking them with a torch in your inventory. Additionally you can create new torches by right clicking on a placed torch with a stick. This is not as efficient as creating them in a firepit but is useful when on the move.
- Rewrote and reenabled armor stands.
Added loom for cloth creation.
- Place string on the loom with right click. (16 wool yarn or 24 spider string)
- hold shift-right click once full to begin to weave the threads together
- once the loom stops operating, right click to remove your cloth
- silk and wool can be used interchangeably to make carpets, beds and paintings
- Added Smoke racks for smoking and drying foods. The food must first be brined in... you guessed it Brine. This is a combination of 10% Vinegar and 90% Saltwater. After a food has been brined it can be stored in a container full of vinegar to pickle the food and drastically increase its shelf life.
- Added shears recipe to the anvil. This is created with two wrought iron knife blades.
- Added wrought iron grill for cooking up to 6 food items at once.
- Added metal trapdoors which are made by combining any metal sheet with any metal ingot. The sheet will determine the color of the door, and the ingot will determine the color of the hinges. these trap doors can be placed facing any side of a block.
- Added a bunch more configuration options.
- Added mud brick items. No use yet.
- Added server slowdown effect when there are no players online along with a config variable for changing the slowdown speed.
- Added config option to change quiver HUD position. Choices are bottomleft, left, topleft, bottomright, right, topright.
- Skeletons now wear quivers.
- Food now has two different indicator bars. The top bar indicates the amount of decay on the food (Green for the first 10% of decay. Red for the other 90%). The bottom white bar indicates the weight of the food out of 160 oz.
- Added Hotkeys for quick food management. Press S in the inventory while hovering over a piece of food to combine all like food pieces. Press D in the inventory while it contains a knife to trim all decay.
- Added numerical overlay on health bar.
- Smithing skill should properly affect tool/weapon/armor durability. Skill also now affects the damage done by forged weapons.
- Lava blocks now randomly create sulphur deposits on the sides of blocks above them.
- Plank items are now called “Lumber” to hopefully reduce confusion between the item and the block.
- Cooked meat can now be salted.
- Straw gotten from refining grain is now based on food weight.
- Clay dirt drop at least 1 clay item when broken.
- Added “Solidified” tooltip to metal-filled vessels that are no longer liquid.
- Removed gender chat message for all animals with visual gender differences.
- Charcoal pits can no longer be covered with flammable blocks.
- Made doors flammable.
Crops no longer instantly die when they get too cold. Instead they have a chance to die which increases each day.
- Dead crops will leave their seeds on the ground as an item similar to the rocks and sticks debris, instead of an item that can despawn.
- Debris on the ground render as a flat 2D texture in fast graphics.
- Removed the ability to harvest crops with right-click. All crops including tomatoes and peppers are now harvested by breaking the plant.
- Removed all non-English language files. These will be added back in under a new format at a later date.
- Rewrote barrels into a much more useful and user friendly block. Barrels now contain two tabs, one for liquid storage and one for solid storage. The liquid storage interface is very similar to the old barrel UI from 78 but now provides better information when processing items inside the barrel. Additionally, TFC barrels function as a Liquid container for any forge liquids from other mods (Hooray compatability!). The solid storage tab is only available if there is no liquid in the barrel. Similarly if the player places more than one item in the barrel, the liquid tab is disabled.
Barrel processing has been completely rewritten, and is no longer as flexible. Exact ratios must be met in order for processing to work.
Alcohol can now only be made with a full (10 bucket) barrel of water, and a 160 oz item. Must be sealed for at least 72 hours to complete.
- Added Corn Whiskey
- Tannin can now only be made with a full (10 bucket) barrel of water and a single Oak, Birch, Chestnut, Douglas Fir, Hickory, Maple, or Sequoia log.
- Curdled milk can now only be made with 9 buckets of milk and 1 bucket of vinegar. Will result in 160 oz of cheese. Must be sealed for at least 8 hours to complete.
- Leather processing now requires exact ratios in order to complete. 3 Buckets to 1 Small Hide. 4 Buckets to 1 Medium Hide. 5 Buckets to 1 Large Hide.Must be sealed for at least 8 hours to complete.
Limewater is now only crafted in a barrel. Ratio is 2 flux to each bucket of water.
- Mortar is now only crafted in a barrel. Ratio is 1 Sand to each bucket of lime water gives 1 mortar. Must be sealed for at least 8 hours to complete.
- Alcohol can now only be made with a full (10 bucket) barrel of water, and a 160 oz item. Must be sealed for at least 72 hours to complete.
- Updated Quern rendering.
- Updated Skills tab to show progress bars rather than numbers.
- Removed pipe placeholder item.
Completely changed the way in which animals are tamed. Gone are the days when a few bones are enough to create a wolf army.
- Instead of being tamed with a bone, wolves will only follow players
- All wolves will sit if tied to a fence post and stand if tied to a player
- All animals now have a familiarity value which needs to be increased
Familiarity can be increased by performing a particular action at least once a day
- for wolves, this means shift-right clicking to pet them
- for cows, sheep, chickens, and pigs this means feeding them grain
- for bears, this means feeding them fish
- for horses, this means feeding them grain, however after a certain point, the horse will no longer become familiar this way, and instead will only become familiar by riding it for an average of 30 seconds per day
- for deer, this means feeding them salt
- Certain familiarity levels are required to interact with animals in certain ways such as milking cows, shearing sheep, riding horses, breeding animals, and naming animals
- Familiarity will decrease slightly each day if it hasn’t reached a certain level and you haven’t interacted with the animal
- Familiarity has a set cap after which it can no longer be increased in adult animals. Baby animals can always increase their familiarity, and do so much faster than adults.
- Baby animals retain 50% of their mother’s familiarity when born, unless she is close to maximum familiarity, in which case they will retain 90% of it
- Added command to transfer ownership of an animal to another player. Format is /transfer [new owner] when you’re near a tamed animal. If no characters are entered after the command (ie "/transfer" verbatim), the animal will be set free. Can't transfer to yourself, can't transfer animals you don't own, fails if anything but exactly one tameable animal that is tamed by the command sender is within range.
Adjusted pregnancy times for animals and the length of time for them to reach adulthood:
- Bear*: gestation time: 7 months. Adult age: 60 months
- Chicken/Pheasant*: Adult age: 4.14 months
- Cow: gestation time: 9 months. Adult age: 36 months
- Deer*: gestation time: 7 months. Adult age: 24 months
- Horse: gestation time: 11.17 months. Adult age: 30 months
- Pig: gestation time: 3.7 months. Adult age: 15 months
- Sheep: gestation time: 5 months. Adult age: 12 months
- Wolf: gestation time: 2.25 months. Adult age: 9 months
- *Animal currently cannot be bred
- Deer, bears, and wolves are now considered wild, and will despawn and respawn.
- Any animal that has been roped at least once won’t despawn, in case you want to keep them around
- Agriculture skill level now affects the ability to view nutrient levels of crops. You must be an Expert to get this information.
- Overhauled Jungles so that they are no longer barren and just plain terrible. Ground shrubs and vines once again inhabit these regions.
- Condensed support beams into a single item and totally rewrote how they are placed in the world. Horizontal beams can only be placed between two vertical beams and can not be placed individually anymore. If any horizontal block breaks, the entire beam will break causing the ceiling to lose support. The changes to rock were made to encourage the use of these blocks more.
- Reduced the hardness of all raw stone blocks to allow for easier mining. Increased the rate at which raw stone collapses to make tunneling far more dangerous. Raw stone also reacts to stone being broken in a larger area to prevent certain ways to get around this mechanic. Smooth Stone and Stone Bricks have had their hardness increased greatly to make them a more defensive material.
- Reduced the hardness of player placed logs to make using logs a more attractive option in building.
- Updated sluice rendering. The sluice was the very first minecraft block that I ever created and its age showed. The block has received a visual overhaul even though its basic mechanics have not changed at all. In a future hotfix/build I will update it once again to show the type of wood from which it was made.
- Rewrote how charcoal pits are created. They’ve finally reached my original vision. Firepits are no longer needed for the creation of charcoal(this was always weird right?). Instead after creating your pile of log piles and covering it over, you drop a torch on top of any logpile. After a few seconds, the torch will disappear and that logpile will mark itself for charcoal creation. It will then propagate this to all log piles that it touches. At this point it should be fully covered over lest the whole thing burn up.
- Baby zombies have been disabled. Zombie reinforcements are now correctly TFC variants instead of vanilla.
- Thatch blocks are no longer a solid block. They’ve been redesigned to more correctly match their intended purpose as an early game roofing material. We feel that with the changes to the chopping speed of placed logs, this will have a positive effect on the way players interact with the world. As it was, thatch was an incredibly cheap magic block much the same way that peat used to be.
- Berry bushes can now only be placed on grass. They can now be left clicked to harvest them when in season. Enabled Cranberries.
- Bloomeries can now be crafted with a mix and match of bronze sheets.
- Disabled crafting of minecart chests.
- Protection meter and Quern base can be made with any combination of smooth stones.
- Quern handstone can be made with any combination of raw stones.
- Bloomery will no longer accept items while there is a player inside the chimney.
- Birthdays replace the day of the week text instead of the date.
- Single and double metal sheets can now be recycled in the crucible.
- Crucible accepts a stack of items in the input slot. If temp is hot enough, will melt one item every 2 seconds.
- Replaced “Not Full” with unit count in partially filled molds.
- Donkey chests now accept and refuse the same items as TFC chests.
- Disabled taking damage when the player is starving. Instead, nutrition levels decrease at 3x normal rate.
- Altered rooster crows. Less variance in pitch, slightly quieter and now only done when the rooster can see the sky.
- Seaweed is now edible.
- Leaves are no longer shearable.
- Stone drops 1-2 rocks instead of 0-3.
- Added new texture for refined iron blooms.
- Support Beams now stack to 32.
- Tweaked ice to melt slower based on temperature. Ice now forms along coastlines and spreads outward instead of randomly.
- Food decay is no longer consumed on eating. Players instead eat around the decay, therefore increasing the decay percentage.
- Armor does a better job at absorbing generic damage attacks. Generic damage reduction multiplier is now the average of the 3 defense stats + 0.25. Its possible for armor to block generic damage entirely.
- Player placed logs now break twice as fast.
- Added ceramic bowls which replace the use of vanilla wooden bowls in all instances.
- Farmland can now be broken faster with a shovel.
- Cave ins are much more common. Mining the top block first no longer guarantees it won’t cave in.
- Changed acacia textures so they are a bit less ugly.
- Sugarcane is now a farmable crop. Raw sugarcane can be processed in a barrel to create sugar. This process will be expanded in the future once a way to boil water is created. This is a temporary solution.
- Glass bottles can no longer be used to gather water.
- All foods including fruits and vegetables can be cooked. Foods can be cooked to different levels of done-ness, each with different flavors.
Very heavy modifications to worldgen.
- Overall, oceans should be smaller than in 78.
- Added Lake biomes full of fresh water.
- Added gravel beaches straddle rocky/hilly areas and oceans
- All beaches are now relatively flat and only 1-3 blocks above sea level. They are also feature stone cliffs between them and their neighboring land biome which simulates tidal erosion. I think this is an incredibly beautiful feature. i hope you guys like it as much as I do -B
- Fixed inability to drink milk buckets.
- Grass no longer turns into the wrong type of dry-grass when snowed upon.
- Fixed wild sapling generation to be more common.
- Grains no longer show the “DO NOT USE ME OR YOU WILL CRASH” message when processing.
- Fixed excessively precise weight tooltips on vessels with food in them.
- Fixed acacia trees occasionally dropping saplings.
- Fixed API accessing outside classes.
- Skills now properly sync to the player upon respawning.
- Crops now properly check for sky access as they grow. Sorry guys, no more underground farms.
- Fixed a few chiseling bugs.
- Fixed pheasants spawning everywhere.
- Can no longer split Acacia planks into lumber without a saw.
- Fixed pit kiln instant cooking.
- Fixed random blocks above bloomery being deleted when firing completes.
- Fixed ingot pile not syncing in SMP.
- Fixed spawn protection behaving oddly.
- Fixed unlocalised chat messages in SMP.
- Fixed a bunch of quiver/armor related bugs.
- Fixed decay not properly transferring to refined grains.
- Fixed Peat and Clay grass not spreading.
- Fixed flint and steel attempting to set fire to blocks before attempting use.
- Detailed blocks now properly get removed when the last bit of material is removed via chiseling.
- Fixed items in crafting slots disappearing when changing tabs in inventory.
- Fixed server configs not properly overwriting client configs.
- Fixed rain particles and sound playing when its snowing.
- Fixed placing logs or log piles in your face causing suffocation.
- Fixed bismuthinite surface spawn parameters.