Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Shadow

Heat bug?

11 posts in this topic

With 46b, forges and firepits never seem to burn out, and food cooks instantly in firepits.

The bloomery seems to be broken as well, as the ore never seems to finish melting.

yes the complete heat/forge/fire/bloomery system is broken.

Anyone know if this is fixed in the latest build?

As of 46c it does not appear to be fixed. Torches still light instantly, forges and firepits never seem to burn out, and (presumably) metals never melt in the bloomery.

As of 46c it does not appear to be fixed. Torches still light instantly, forges and firepits never seem to burn out, and (presumably) metals never melt in the bloomery.

have you actually been re-patching from a fresh minecraft.jar, or laying down the new TFC right on top of what was already in your jar?

(because mine isn't doing what you're talking about)

I use MagicLauncher, so (essentially) each time I change versions it's patching the mod files in on top of the original, untouched minecraft jar file. I'll try making a copy of the vanilla minecraft folder and patching everything in by hand though, just to test and see if the issues remain.

Back shortly with results!

EDIT, Preliminary results:

A campfire still cooked food and made torches instantly, did not show any signs of burning out. Making charcoal now to test a forge.

EDIT, More results:

Charcoal finished (and the campfire is still merrily burning along), made a forge. Forge lit torches instantly and shows no sign of dying despite never having been supplied with fuel.

What version of Forge are you running? Do you have any other mods? Single or multiplayer? OS? Maybe something else is different about your install that we're missing...

I had it tested in SMP and SSP, with a clean install, and at least torches were instant in campfires (and SMP chicken disintegrated (shift clicked)).

I use MagicLauncher, so (essentially) each time I change versions it's patching the mod files in on top of the original, untouched minecraft jar file. I'll try making a copy of the vanilla minecraft folder and patching everything in by hand though, just to test and see if the issues remain.

Back shortly with results!

EDIT, Preliminary results:

A campfire still cooked food and made torches instantly, did not show any signs of burning out. Making charcoal now to test a forge.

EDIT, More results:

Charcoal finished (and the campfire is still merrily burning along), made a forge. Forge lit torches instantly and shows no sign of dying despite never having been supplied with fuel.

What version of Forge are you running? Do you have any other mods? Single or multiplayer? OS? Maybe something else is different about your install that we're missing...

I updated to the newest forge, the only mod I'm running that adds anything at all to in-game is backpacks.the rest are UI mods and graphics improvments.

I'll compile a list, but I have never gotten magiclauncher to behave sensibly with TFC, for one thing the worldgen with the magiclauncher's "install" of TFC that I tested behaves half like vanilla and half like TFC (I start seeing pumpkin patches on the surface again, and the normal-ish looking biomes, and I did not see ANY surface rocks)

mods I'm running that patch directly into jar:

forge

TFC(core+resources files)

codechickencore

NEI

playerapi

renderplayerapi

smart moving

HDSkins13Forge2

Optifine

"mods directory zip files"

rei minimap

Backpack

InvTweaks

When i'm on my laptop or at school my OS is 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04

At home my OS is 64 bit windows 7

I use oracle java 7 whenever I have a choice, (manually installed on linux)

I refuse to use macs, they're useless garbage fruits. Did a rotation in a lab that primarily used macs. Whenever I had issues from not having a new version of java or GNU compilers, there wasn't anything I could do, because apple decreed that we shall only obtain those tools from the apple devs site, and they take their sweet ass time testing everything for release, putting you way behind what should be available. (and lets not forget how often they decide to stop releasing updates for older machines, and explicity build-in a check for older hardware in the installers)

I refuse to use macs, they're useless garbage fruits.

lol Macholes....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0